TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this normal?

mullens

Maybe I'm being too picky but I'll ask anyway. When cruising in 6th gear and I let off the gas and then get back on, there is a slight clunk. Nothing crazy, but not a smooth transition like I'm used to. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

Maybe I'm being too picky but I'll ask anyway. When cruising in 6th gear and I let off the gas and then get back on, there is a slight clunk. Nothing crazy, but not a smooth transition like I'm used to. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

Absolutely normal- its called driveline lash- without it youd blow something up- roadpig

Hey Mullens, not trying to jack your thread, but I have a similar "is this normal" question.

When I am cruising at highway speed in 5th, I get a fair bit of vibration in the shifter, especially if I accelerate in 5th. I can downshift to 4th or upshift to 6th and there is NO vibration. Shifter is solid as a rock. Anybody else seeing this? Could this be fixed fairly easily with a minor adjustment?

I dont want the dealer to be poking around in the shifter area or trans, and have them mess up what is working well. But the vibration is annoying. Pretty much a moot point now anyway, car wont see the road for another 3-4 months most likely. We have 15" of snow here in NJ at the moment.

Happy Holidays to ALL!

Thanks

this was also common on the 2003/2004 Cobras

• 1 year later...

Thanks for all the replies..I heard it disappears with a one-piece drive shaft. I'll be getting one with my 2.9 in the spring.

Did it fix the issue? Have the same issue in my 2011 GT500. Not had such an issue in any previous European

or Japanese manual transmission cars. Disappointing in a 50K car. Seems Ford sells the car and expect the

customer to spend another 10K fixing the issues that Ford did not. Grrrr

Did it fix the issue? Have the same issue in my 2011 GT500. Not had such an issue in any previous European

or Japanese manual transmission cars. Disappointing in a 50K car. Seems Ford sells the car and expect the

customer to spend another 10K fixing the issues that Ford did not. Grrrr

I never got the one-piece driveshaft. Didn't need it with the mods I have. From what I've heard the one piece driveshafts vibrate, and aren't really necessary until 700rwhp. I don't even notice the drive lash anymore.

Archived