TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Air Dam for sale on E-bay

BobsShelbyDakota

Sorry, I thought they were the same type.

Bob

Bob

The Shelby Dakota air dam is unique to the Shelby Dakota. Although it looks similar to the Dakota Sport air dam the Shelby version is much deeper/taller.

This deeper design was required for cooling purposes of the V8 engine.

Steve

Bob

The Shelby Dakota air dam is unique to the Shelby Dakota. Although it looks similar to the Dakota Sport air dam the Shelby version is much deeper/taller.

This deeper design was required for cooling purposes of the V8 engine.

Steve

Steve,

That's good to know. I had been considering buying a standard dakota air dam so my truck would look better. Definitely won't do that now.

Thanks for letting me know that also, there is an 88 Dakota Sport in the boneyard here in very nice condition. It had the air dam but it did look thinner than the one on my truck but I did get the Bosch driving lights out of them along with the plastic covers though.

Bob

The Shelby Dakota did start life out as a Dakota Sport so some parts are the same on both trucks, like the fog lights.

Things like the door sill cladding, the rear wheel opening mouldings, tail lights, are one in the same.

Some parts like the grille and rear bumper were modified Dakota Sport parts while other items like the air dam is 100% unique to the S/Dak.

Steve

Archived