TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone raced a Vette or SRT8? or anything else?

mad103

Just curious to know if anybody has raced their GT500 against any Vettes or SRT-8s? I am getting my GT500 in the next 2-3 months and already my cousins are challenging me to a race. They drive an 06 Vette and the other has an 06 Charger SRT8. And they cant stop talking trash about FORD and Mustangs, all in fun though

I blew the doors off a vette.....but it doesn't really count it was like an 84 or something. Still fun but if you are looking at an 06 and SRT-8 there will be a good amount of driver influence on how that turns out. Stock to Stock the vette may get a slight edge depending on what version...but get your self the tune and CAI and have them sitting there to be installed before your race and you may have a little fun when it's all said and done....just leave TCS on or you may need new tires if you're not used to the car :)

When they compared the GT500 to Viper SRT10 and Corvette Z06, they mentioned how they excess weight in the front and smallest rear tires (of the trio) didnt help in bringing out its true potential. I just wanted to see if anybody has had any real life test versus the SRT8 and C6 Vette. To me the Viper and Z06 are on different levels with the GT500. They are more equals to the Ford GT. I imagine GT500 racing SRT8 Challenger(charger for now) and SS Camaro (but then again, they dont exist yet so of course they can only compare it to their Top Dogs) Ford bring out the GT!!! Here are the articles if interested.

GT500 VS

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/...oupe_comparison

FORD GT VS

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/...ison/index.html

Post your story if you have raced any of these cars.

I spanked a brand new M5 Convertible last Saturday night on the Sunset Blvd twisty's, then vaporized him getting on the 405 FWY and believe me he was trying. I dismissed a Crossfire SRT last week too. But I agree that Vette drivers don't seem like they want to engage for some reason or another. Maybe it's that "I don't need to prove that I have a better car than yours" attitude, or perhaps maturity :boring: but in my experiences, Vette's just won't play.

I played with a C6 vette the 3rd day I had the car. Did not really know how to drive it yet but was dissapointed in the Vette. Was really not that big a challenge. Even in 1st and most of 2nd then pulled away and continued pulling 2 to 3 car lengths by upper 3rd gear and shut er down. Gets scary fast in a hurry

No stock SRT-8 will even come close. I have a 2006 SRT-8 mag. very nice car if i was not a ford guy i might even like it better. They have a few lbs. on the GT500 and about 100 rwhp less from what i have seen

Dont get my wife started on witch car is better. She alway says why are the brakes on the back so small.........where's the buletooth....ect....

Thats impressive considering M5 are quick. Dont they run a v10? MB AMGs though would be a challenge

agree. I was pleasantly surprised... and this guy was trying.... in fact, he was obnoxious, which made it even more fun. Ran from a dead stop (red light).... about 3 wheel hops and then lost the guy pretty quickly... going away.

No stock SRT-8 will even come close. I have a 2006 SRT-8 mag. very nice car if i was not a ford guy i might even like it better. They have a few lbs. on the GT500 and about 100 rwhp less from what i have seen

Dont get my wife started on witch car is better. She alway says why are the brakes on the back so small.........where's the buletooth....ect....

I just can't do it :cry:

Well I can tell you that an srt-8 won't be a challenge. It has been my experience that unless someone has a clear advantage they won't jump on you. When I had my 01 gt (modded) every camaro I ran accross wanted to race. When I got my mach not a one wanted to race me (not even at the track to include ss cars). The only cars that ever wanted to race were always the srt-4's I only ran the ones that I found at the track and consistently walked away from them (especially in third). I think the vette drivers are doing the same thing. Remember this gt500 has gotten way more advertising than any previous svt vehicle or the mach so everyone knows what your packing.

I have a coworker that has an SRT-8 and my 05 Mustang GT is faster. No competition there for the Shelby.

Have you raced him on road or track? So any theory as to why Chevy and Dodge (when they actually have a muscle car in existence) talk so much trash about Mustangs and Ford. Just had like a 45 min argument with my cousins over which is better. They say DODGE "muscle" sedans and CHEVY non-existent camaros are better than Ford, still in production, Mustangs

Have you raced him on road or track? So any theory as to why Chevy and Dodge (when they actually have a muscle car in existence) talk so much trash about Mustangs and Ford. Just had like a 45 min argument with my cousins over which is better. They say DODGE "muscle" sedans and CHEVY non-existent camaros are better than Ford, still in production, Mustangs

I haven't lost a race with anything equipped with 4 wheels...that includes a police cruiser.

I have a coworker that has an SRT-8 and my 05 Mustang GT is faster. No competition there for the Shelby.

Really? Interesting. 300hp vs. 425hp and 500lbs difference. Have you modded your 05'?

I ran a Tuned Daytona (5.7L, 345hp stock) in my 05' with the spray. Pretty even race till I hit the speed limiter. I make 361rwhp/369rwtq thru an auto or about 415-420hp at the flywheel.

Our Shelby's will kill em' all day long. :hyper:

Saw my first SRT 8 ... not really a bad looking car .. as i whizzed passed them they just sorta of looked and faded in my rear view mirror

dond !

Archived