TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Insurance Companies...................

Force 1

Note also that DELP is a one-stop agency. They can put your collector cars on the AIG group (that is what the Barrett Jackson branded policy is now.) I also moved my homeowners and daily drivers to them with Auto-Owners coverage. Lowest price anywhere.

The only problem to watch out with Delp/BJ is mileage restrictions!

While mine's not a daily driver, I do intend to drive longer distances for events (last year 2500 miles round trip for 45th) and area events puts me in the 3k - 5k per year mileage. They wouldn't take mine due to the anticipated mileage.

I will be going with Grundy when winter breaks as I'm currently on storage insurance.

The only problem to watch out with Delp/BJ is mileage restrictions!

While mine's not a daily driver, I do intend to drive longer distances for events (last year 2500 miles round trip for 45th) and area events puts me in the 3k - 5k per year mileage. They wouldn't take mine due to the anticipated mileage.

Same with me...if you are going to drive the car over I believe 2500 miles a year, they will not cover you. I will be checking someone else as I would like about 4-5k a year...

Leann

"Insurance Companies............ What is the best............"

I'd have to say USAA. I not only have my 2010 GT500, home and umbrella with them at competitive rates, but have experienced their claims handling first hand, personally and at work on 3rd party incidents. It's the best ever if you're military. :salute:

Same with me...if you are going to drive the car over I believe 2500 miles a year, they will not cover you. I will be checking someone else as I would like about 4-5k a year...

Leann

We went with Delp and are very, very, happy. Rachael said that their 3000 mile number is only a suggestion as it is not enforced, unless they are suspecting otherwise. They are just trying to give an excellent rate without your vehicle being a daily driver or spendind a lot of time in grocery store parking lots.

• 2 weeks later...

We went with Delp and are very, very, happy. Rachael said that their 3000 mile number is only a suggestion as it is not enforced, unless they are suspecting otherwise. They are just trying to give an excellent rate without your vehicle being a daily driver or spendind a lot of time in grocery store parking lots.

thanks everyone for the input.I went with delp,less then 500.00 per year for 100,000 and 0 ded.Hard to belive,but true.Finnaly a small break in this economy! :happy feet: :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

O.K. here is my question. What does every one think about insurance companies. I need to switch companies and I am trying to figure out which one is better. Heacock or Grundy?

Barrett Jackson is the best. Here is who to contact.. She has treated me very well and saved me a LOT of money

Russ

Amy Spengler [ASpengler@delpcompany.com] (Barrett Jackson agent)

I'd have to say USAA. I not only have my 2010 GT500, home and umbrella with them at competitive rates, but have experienced their claims handling first hand, personally and at work on 3rd party incidents. It's the best ever if you're military. :salute:

USAA ftw. :yup: I currently have my 500 garaged and they give you a special rate for that. I had them put full coverage on it when I drove it to California, and they were okay with doing that for a few days while I drove it out there. I know some companies don't like doing that (they'd rather say that you can't insure the car for less than six months, or something).

I have a few speeding tickets, and I was happy to find that USAA offered the best rates after they opened the enrollment to anyone who ever served.

SO, if you are prior military, look in to it. :yup:

Here's the link

1-800-365-USAA (8722)

+1^^

ex-military here...USAA is definitely a top notch insurance company

O.K. here is my question. What does every one think about insurance companies. I need to switch companies and I am trying to figure out which one is better. Heacock or Grundy?

if you qualify, there isn't any better than USAA

if you qualify, there isn't any better than USAA

I qualify for USAA and have all my other cars and home insured by USAA.... but USAA could not compete with the Delp collector car insurance.

Under most circumstances I would agree that USAA is almost always the best....

I think the key here is how much you plan to drive the car..... I believe Delp requires that you drive 2500 miles or less per year. if that is the case, go with Delp.... if not go with USAA. Delp also has exclusions to be aware of as well.... like cannot be driving car to work... esentially must be "joy riding" or on the way to a car show, etc for the Delp coverage to be effective. If you are using as daily driver Delp will not work for you.

Ron

Archived