TEAM SHELBY FORUM

good news....Shelby's are shipping....

shelby chris

Spoke to Ralph this morning.....all 1800 Mustangs (including Shelby's) that were held at the plant have been upfitted with the new e-brake cables, and should all be shipped out of Flat rock by the end of the week. Mine is going by truck all the way to PA. It looks like my wait is coming to an end..........

Spoke to Ralph this morning.....all 1800 Mustangs (including Shelby's) that were held at the plant have been upfitted with the new e-brake cables, and should all be shipped out of Flat rock by the end of the week. Mine is going by truck all the way to PA. It looks like my wait is coming to an end..........

Did you ask Ralph about the Job #2 cars. I want to know about the Susp. tweak with the dampners or shocks, and there is word that Job #2 cars are going to have 15 more ponies under the hood !

If anyone is going to be talking to Ralph, please ask him about this.

Did you ask Ralph about the Job #2 cars. I want to know about the Susp. tweak with the dampners or shocks, and there is word that Job #2 cars are going to have 15 more ponies under the hood !

According to my sources inside Ford. The claim about 15 more ponies is nothing more than an internet inspired myth, sorry.

I can confirm this. I spoke to both Ralph (no Grabber, I did not ask him about Job 2 ...I had already called when I saw your note). My car is on a car hauler (it is NOT going via rail). Will be here in 3-6 business days.

I had called CS prior to calling Ralph. They said my status was "Released to convoy carrier pending on shipment”. This gave me the impetus I needed to call Ralph for more clarification. Now I just have to hope for no blizzards here in the next week. Glad I'm not in Denver. :drop:

AD

Yep my car was shipped via rail on the week of 12/28 :happy feet:

I'm tracking the railcar and it's in a mixing yard in MO now. I hope they don't get mixed up on where to send it ! :hysterical2:

BTW - Mine is offically a Job #2 car according to the sticker PDF file that I received.

Yep my car was shipped via rail on the week of 12/28 :happy feet:

I'm tracking the railcar and it's in a mixing yard in MO now. I hope they don't get mixed up on where to send it ! :hysterical2:

BTW - Mine is offically a Job #2 car according to the sticker PDF file that I received.

moab, great news. Can you fill me in on how you got a pdf of the sticker? Thanks,

Dave

I don't know for sure but I heard the susp. tweak was very minor...like a bushing or something. I was wondering about it too for a long time but couldn't get anything specific and more than a rumor so I gave up. I expect if it was a huge change we'd have heard a lot more about it than we did so it's probably very minor like the change in the e-brake cable (then again look at how that went initially).

The cable that extends from the E brake handle has an armored cable cover over it for about a foot and a half (judging from the photos I've seen). The rubber grommet that keeps water out of the cable cover was defective on a few cars and was causing the cable to "freeze" inside of the cable cover and not be able to move. The grommets were inspected/replaced at the factory and the cars are now shipping.

I can confirm this. I spoke to both Ralph (no Grabber, I did not ask him about Job 2 ...I had already called when I saw your note). My car is on a car hauler (it is NOT going via rail). Will be here in 3-6 business days.

I had called CS prior to calling Ralph. They said my status was "Released to convoy carrier pending on shipment”. This gave me the impetus I needed to call Ralph for more clarification. Now I just have to hope for no blizzards here in the next week. Glad I'm not in Denver. :drop:

AD

That's great news Dave I'm happy for you :happy feet:

Archived