TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good Deal On Shelby Dakota Decal Set

shelbymotorsports

Someone is selling a reproduction Shelby Dakota decal set on ebay for $250 which is a really good deal.

I do not know the seller and can not vouch for them but if you're in need of a set of decals this might be the one for you.

Steve

Positive Impressions Reproduction Decal Set

I went ahead and bought them. I will need them in the future and it seemed like a good price.

Bob

Got the stripe kit today, perfect shape!

Bob

Bob since it's one of the PI decal kits, take a close look and you will see some duplicate decals in there.

I guess since there was extra room on the sheets of vinyl they repeated a few of the decals instead of letting the extra material go to waste.

Steve

Bob since it's one of the PI decal kits, take a close look and you will see some duplicate decals in there.

I guess since there was extra room on the sheets of vinyl they repeated a few of the decals instead of letting the extra material go to waste.

Steve

Yes, there are a few extras which is nice in case I mess some up.

Merry Christmas!

Bob

wow, you got a good deal, I paid almost $500 for mine and it only came with what was needed. Im not sure how good your window sticker is but the one from my kit (pheonix graphics) was a piece of junk! I paid extra for it and it started peeling up after the first wash and finally when rain season hit the windshield wipers did it in. hope your experience is a better one than mine.

wow, you got a good deal, I paid almost $500 for mine and it only came with what was needed. Im not sure how good your window sticker is but the one from my kit (pheonix graphics) was a piece of junk! I paid extra for it and it started peeling up after the first wash and finally when rain season hit the windshield wipers did it in. hope your experience is a better one than mine.

Did you complain to them? I would have been mad at that one.

You have to be real careful when installing a windhsield decal on a used windshield. You need to really get the glass clean using some sort of non-residue solvent. Glass cleaner alone will not remove years of road grime/film and any decal will want to lift up.

Also the wipers will hit the decals. All you can do is what SAI did and that was to place the decal as far towards to the top of the windshield. It wouldn't hurt to also install a soft new set of wiper blades at the same time.

If you follow this advice and the decal still peels then its a poor decal material being used.

Steve

PS- The red Shelby Dakota trucks used the same winshield decal as the 1987 Shelby Lancer so if you see a Lancer decal, on say ebay, it will work on your red Dakota.

Steve, I used all those steps when installing my windshield decal. I think the glue was crap, and I was never really satisfied with the fit from the get go. The original decal left a stain on the window and the new one wasnt even close to the size or contour of the old sticker.

You brought up a good point and that is the "ghosting" of the original decal into the tinted area of the windshield. Probably not too big of a problem since most windshields have been replaced in the last 20 years but if the original windshield is still there you will have a ghost effect from the first Shelby decal.

I've never used the Phoenix Graphix decals so it's good to hear about your experience.

Steve

You brought up a good point and that is the "ghosting" of the original decal into the tinted area of the windshield. Probably not too big of a problem since most windshields have been replaced in the last 20 years but if the original windshield is still there you will have a ghost effect from the first Shelby decal.

I've never used the Phoenix Graphix decals so it's good to hear about your experience.

Steve

another thing to be careful about is where the bed sticker wraps around to the tailgate, its tricky to get it positioned just right and gapped the same on both sides. Im going to go to a local graphic shop by my house to see if they can make a sticker for my windshield like the original one but with a clear laminate over the red stripes so the wiper blades wont rip it off again

Edit* it looks like Bob's bed decals have a bend at the problem area I stated above, mine were straight, I wish I would have come across this place when I was purchasing my kit, them seem to be made better from the pics and come with alot of duplicates.

another thing to be careful about is where the bed sticker wraps around to the tailgate, its tricky to get it positioned just right and gapped the same on both sides. Im going to go to a local graphic shop by my house to see if they can make a sticker for my windshield like the original one but with a clear laminate over the red stripes so the wiper blades wont rip it off again

Edit* it looks like Bob's bed decals have a bend at the problem area I stated above, mine were straight, I wish I would have come across this place when I was purchasing my kit, them seem to be made better from the pics and come with alot of duplicates.

Wow. I didn't know how bad those reproductions were. Yes that rear corner of the bed needs a special compound curve or whatever the engineers call it. It will never work if its a straight cut decal.

Steve

Glad to know...looks like I got lucky with this set.

Bob

Archived