TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American to sell fleet and executve cars! !

Guest staff2

Cmon....not treated well????? JUST because Shelby is a car mod shop and JUST because there is a race track 2 blocks away which they have easy access too and JUST because you could regularly hear "Yo Bud......what kinda lap times did you turn on the GT-H paxton?" followed by "bad day man, lost her in turn three but thank God, I just slid into the infield and didn't kiss the wall". Why do you SPECULATE they weren't treated well. laugh.gif

QSS

Yea your quote just cracks me up, not Bud, he wouldn't let anyone lap one into the grass, yea right, rode hard and occassionally put up wet, well of course, I think we've all done this, for example, I was driving Westbound on I-30 to the Eagles/Cowboy game (go cowboys) a couple of weeks ago with cruise on "70", gotta watch for DPS and this late model white Masoratie (you know which car I mean) blows buy in a cloud of haze, I look at my friend and with a wink, he says, why not, well I punch it, and we catch them, can'[t disclose speed, but I'm thinking oh crap, does the needle really go that far to the right, and then drop back to 70, I was just making a statement.

Drive em, these are fun cars to own ................ dance.gif

GG

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just arrrived back in Florida with GTH 0457, (last six of v.i.n, 260771). The car was in better condition then I had anticipated, with only the hood and front bumper facia requiring a re-paint. A complete set of new gold stripes were included and will be added very soon. This car was used at the Terlingua event last year by Cleo and Carroll Shelby so am looking for anyone that may have taken pictures of the car. You can tell it's GTH 0457 if: 1) has the GT-500 wheels / tires, 2) fog light / brake duct kit installed, 3) missing the rear bumper facia gold stripe , 4) has Nevada license plate 519 VEY. So if you have any pictures of the car at Terlingua or any other Shelby event please let me know as I'm anxious to document the interesting history of the car. Thanks Jeff G for the photos posted

here ya go. if you want the hugh pic, send me an email :)

IMG_4355 small.jpg

IMG_4356 small.jpg

IMG_4355 small.jpg

IMG_4356 small.jpg

here ya go. if you want the hugh pic, send me an email :)

Thanks for the great pictures, exactly what I was looking forward to finding. I would like to get the larger pics so if you can E-mail them that would be perfect. I attempted to PM through the Forum but am having difficulty with several functions since the switch to the 3.0 format. Email LLJCMILL@HTN.NET, thanks a lot, Larry Miller

• 1 month later...

Shelby American has started to sell some Shelby Mustangs used as fleet and executive vehicles. It's a great chance for enthusiasts and collectors to grab a piece of history!

Here's a snapshot of what's being offered:

2006 Shelby GT-H: Driven by Cleo Shelby.

2006 Shelby GT-H: Driven by SAI employees.

2006 Shelby GT-H: Driven by Shelby Exec.

2006 Shelby GT-H: Super charged!

Click here to learn more about these.

I thought I would re-cycle this post. This is an outstanding opportunity to truly own a piece of Shelby history. How many Shelby's have you seen that come with a Shelby Title?? A supercharged GTH, wow!! All of these cars are "one of one" with their respective history / modifications completed by Shelby American. I cannot wait to go to car shows and have people say "your GTH with the GT-500 wheels are incorrect" and "2006 GTHs didn't have the brake duct / fog lights". With the purchase of these cars you get all of the documentation to show that maybe the cars didn't originally have the mods, but Shelby American added them so now it is correct. It would be like saying to a Super Snake owner that your GT-500 is incorrect with all that Super Snake stuff. If Shelby American does the mods then thats correct for the car. With the GTHs you even get a brand new set of over-the-top correct factory stripes. In years to come there is going to be a lot of people kicking themselves for not buying one of these cars. Yes, the GTHs are used and may need detailing (about all of them did if in the Hertz fleet) but you can proudly show the Shelby title, Shelby sales add, pictures posted by Shelby, and in my case, the numerous pictures I received from Team Shelby members showing MY car being driven by Carroll and Cleo Shelby at the 2008 Terlingua event. (with the GT-500 wheels and brake duct / fog lights). Come on all of you high rollers, go for it, you know you want to, you know you need to, all hell you'll forget the pain of paying in a couple weeks!! Sorry if I'm "ranting", I'm just a sucker for anything Shelby. regards, Larry Miller

Anyone notice the B-J has a non-matching signed airbag cover?

Jer

Yeah that is interesting I wonder if the orginal airbag was deployed

My thought was more tame - just that SAI probably had Carroll sign a bunch of covers, and this one ended up getting fitted to a non-matching dash.

shrug.gif

Jer

I thought I would re-cycle this post. This is an outstanding opportunity to truly own a piece of Shelby history. How many Shelby's have you seen that come with a Shelby Title?? A supercharged GTH, wow!! All of these cars are "one of one" with their respective history / modifications completed by Shelby American. I cannot wait to go to car shows and have people say "your GTH with the GT-500 wheels are incorrect" and "2006 GTHs didn't have the brake duct / fog lights". With the purchase of these cars you get all of the documentation to show that maybe the cars didn't originally have the mods, but Shelby American added them so now it is correct. It would be like saying to a Super Snake owner that your GT-500 is incorrect with all that Super Snake stuff. If Shelby American does the mods then thats correct for the car. With the GTHs you even get a brand new set of over-the-top correct factory stripes. In years to come there is going to be a lot of people kicking themselves for not buying one of these cars. Yes, the GTHs are used and may need detailing (about all of them did if in the Hertz fleet) but you can proudly show the Shelby title, Shelby sales add, pictures posted by Shelby, and in my case, the numerous pictures I received from Team Shelby members showing MY car being driven by Carroll and Cleo Shelby at the 2008 Terlingua event. (with the GT-500 wheels and brake duct / fog lights). Come on all of you high rollers, go for it, you know you want to, you know you need to, all hell you'll forget the pain of paying in a couple weeks!! Sorry if I'm "ranting", I'm just a sucker for anything Shelby. regards, Larry Miller

BTW, Larry... I loved this post. You are 100% correct.

I'm in the guitar business, and there are always people who say "This vintage guitar isn't 'correct' - Fender (or Gibson, or Martin, etc..) never offered that option". All too often, it's just a case of parts substitution when the factory or supplier ran out of something back when the guitar was made, or a custom order (or an item made by an employee for him or herself) but the bottom line is: If you have documentation for a rare bird, you've got something cool. This is about as documented as a Shelby gets! Back in the 60's, no one knew they were making history. NOW they DO, and they're going to keep better records!

smile.gif

Jer

Larry,

1) I will look through my pics and see if I have any of your car with Carroll and/or Cleo in or around it.

2) DO NOT edit the two dorks in matching red shirts out of Sherri's picture. My brother and I would be very upset! hysterical.gif

3) Congrats on the car!

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, Larry... I loved this post. You are 100% correct.

I'm in the guitar business, and there are always people who say "This vintage guitar isn't 'correct' - Fender (or Gibson, or Martin, etc..) never offered that option". All too often, it's just a case of parts substitution when the factory or supplier ran out of something back when the guitar was made, or a custom order (or an item made by an employee for him or herself) but the bottom line is: If you have documentation for a rare bird, you've got something cool. This is about as documented as a Shelby gets! Back in the 60's, no one knew they were making history. NOW they DO, and they're going to keep better records!

smile.gif

Jer

Jer, and to add to the fun, Roger Sorel volunteered to pose for a picture in front of the car at SAI headdquarters handing me the keys. Plus of course I then took several pictures of the car around the SAI facility, then there is the twenty plus pictures SAI took of the car in the Sales listing. There were even a repair order from Friendly Ford in LasVegas which showed the owner as SAI. Then a copy of Nevada tag Registration was in the car (same tag in the pictures with Mr / Mrs Shelby in the car). I wanted to document the car as strongly as possible, not for me, but for the history of a one-of-one car. This all may sound silly to some, but the current owners of the early 1965-1970 Shelby Mustangs would dig a hole to hell to get such documentation. thanks again for your post, Larry

Larry,

1) I will look through my pics and see if I have any of your car with Carroll and/or Cleo in or around it.

2) DO NOT edit the two dorks in matching red shirts out of Sherri's picture. My brother and I would be very upset! hysterical.gif

3) Congrats on the car!

I promise I won't edit you out. Sherri did a great job getting me the pictures. If you look in your photos, the car will have Nevada license 519 VEY. Any pictures of the car would be greatly appreciated, even if Mr or Mrs Shelby are not near the car. Also I plan on taking the car to the Mid-America show in Tulsa June 16-20. So maybe we could all get together for a photo shoot?? I'm buying refereshments. thanks again, Larry

Jer, and to add to the fun, Roger Sorel volunteered to pose for a picture in front of the car at SAI headdquarters handing me the keys. Plus of course I then took several pictures of the car around the SAI facility, then there is the twenty plus pictures SAI took of the car in the Sales listing. There were even a repair order from Friendly Ford in LasVegas which showed the owner as SAI. Then a copy of Nevada tag Registration was in the car (same tag in the pictures with Mr / Mrs Shelby in the car). I wanted to document the car as strongly as possible, not for me, but for the history of a one-of-one car. This all may sound silly to some, but the current owners of the early 1965-1970 Shelby Mustangs would dig a hole to hell to get such documentation. thanks again for your post, Larry

Excellent! That's exciting!!!

Jer

Thats really strange,

When I was out there at the bash, I had an interest in that car, and they told me it was not for sale anymore....

To make sure there is no confusion, I recommend you contact Roger Sorel direct via phone to determine what is still for sale. Roger will definitely assist you. My transaction went very smoothly and I'm very happy with the car. I plan on taking it to the Mid-America show in June.

I looked at one;had been pulled after Hertz service and then used at SAI

It was in worse shape ,twice as many miles and More expensive than than my 07 GT-H I bought from Hertz in Honolulu,we are still shopping and have leads on several in the low 20s with similar miles and no need for repairs.

They are for all purposes 5 year old cars and weren't treated well.

Good Luck and Happy Shopping

Doc Scott

Check out #412 at Grinwald ford-ask for Melissa it was mine and its certified-in perfect condition-call her at 800-467-6606

its a vert 2007-I spent over 3000 on getting it perfect.Traded it in on a 2010 gt500

Sarge

post-26635-12685700653_thumb.jpg

post-26635-12685700653_thumb.jpg

Barrett Jackson car is sold and now having a Shelby/Ford Racing/Whipple SC installed.

Have interest in the remaining 3 Hertz cars also. Spring is here :) Time to get out and drive! :peelout:

Roger

Glad to see that car sold. The BJ sure was nice. Had I not had my GT-H, I would have bought it when it was first put up for sale.

Shelby American has started to sell some Shelby Mustangs used as fleet and executive vehicles. It's a great chance for enthusiasts and collectors to grab a piece of history!

I see that yet another of these cars has been sold, leaving only TWO 2006 GTHs. The Supercharged GTH is marked as SOLD. The GTH driven by Mrs. Shelby (19,000 miles) and the GTH driven by SAI executives is all that is left now. Like "sands of the hour glass" time keeps marching on and running out. How cool is a Shelby title and Shelby Bill of Sale ??

I see that yet another of these cars has been sold, leaving only TWO 2006 GTHs. The Supercharged GTH is marked as SOLD. The GTH driven by Mrs. Shelby (19,000 miles) and the GTH driven by SAI executives is all that is left now. Like "sands of the hour glass" time keeps marching on and running out. How cool is a Shelby title and Shelby Bill of Sale ??

The BJ car would have looked awsome in my driveway. :drool:

Congrats to the new owner. :shift:

P.S. The addition of the supercharger AWSOME!!! :happy feet:

Beautyful car.

• 4 months later...

Roger or Steve, are all of these cars sold ??? It is getting harder to find the 2006 GTHs for sale, the market seems to be going back up?

Archived