TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I ordered my 2011 today

cobraguy24

There is no price out yet , the dealer called our rep. in MN , she told him if there was a price increase it will be very little. On another note my order say 5.4 sc engine. Really hoping for the lighter block.

I also want a 2011, keep us posted. The dealers in my area have no clue. I wish somebody would buy my 06 GT!!!!!

Well today I put my order in and I have a few questions. I did get the glass roof any pros or cons? Also I got the svt performance package , does anybody know what that package is?I figurd if it says performance I want it...

If you ordered the car, the order guide should tell you what is part of the performance package.

I'm interested to see how much different the 2011 is. If it's just the aluminum block then I probably won't sell my 2010. If it's a lot more then I might see if I can swing a 2011.

Edit:

Just got off the phone with a Ford rep. There is no order guide out for the 2011 yet. You can build the car in the system however it's not accepting any orders. I'm not sure who your dealer is but whatever they did isn't official yet.

Well today I put my order in and I have a few questions. I did get the glass roof any pros or cons? Also I got the svt performance package , does anybody know what that package is?I figurd if it says performance I want it...

I have understood that the order bank is not open for the 2011. I've read somewhere in my searches that the bank is supposed to open 01/18/2010. Thats not Gospel and dealer cannot confirm either. After the bank opens you can enter the order to Ford. I beleive the options available and all other pertinent info will be available at that time. Just waiting for my dealer to call, so I can enter my order.

Several folks on this forum have been disappointed after they entered an order with a dealer,and found out later the dealer didnt have an alloctaion for car.The dealer has to sign up for Shelbys,i think its like $2500/year, then get an allocation based on previuos year sales.Some sales folks get real excited about selling 1 50K car, and dont know they dont have an allocation.Then they try to buy a car from another dealer,who of course wont sell the car.So id get it in writing that they have an allocation for the 2011 before i give them any money.

Hmm, I dont mean to contradict you original poster, but I highly doubt your car is ordered at this point. Although, I do beleive the dealer probably wrote down what options you wanted after they saw them listed in the order bank, but they cant send off an order until next month. I think this is one of those classic "give me a good faith deposit now, and we can order the car for you today" only to stall you until the banks do open. They probably just want to get some money applied to this year's sales sheet.

Several folks on this forum have been disappointed after they entered an order with a dealer,and found out later the dealer didnt have an alloctaion for car.The dealer has to sign up for Shelbys,i think its like $2500/year, then get an allocation based on previuos year sales.Some sales folks get real excited about selling 1 50K car, and dont know they dont have an allocation.Then they try to buy a car from another dealer,who of course wont sell the car.So id get it in writing that they have an allocation for the 2011 before i give them any money.

Dealers had to pay $2,000 for 2010 & 2011 model year allocations. That's $2k total, not $2k per model year.

Anyone can go into the system now and place an order. No descriptions of options or pricing yet though. I have an order in with my dealer. Have a print out of it. Talked to them yesterday and it's still in their system. FoMoCo has not, however, picked up the order yet. So the order is in the Dealers system, not in FoMoCo's system. My understanding, as previously posted, is that order banks open 1/18/10, which means FoMoCo will start handing out allocations at that time. If your dealer gets an allocation, then you can 'order a car'. I'm not sure how Ford decides which dealers get allocations first, but I'm sure there's some formula to it. Getting an order into a Dealers system does not mean you have a car ordered. The Dealer must receive an allocation first, then order a car.

Dealers had to pay $2,000 for 2010 & 2011 model year allocations. That's $2k total, not $2k per model year.

Anyone can go into the system now and place an order. No descriptions of options or pricing yet though. I have an order in with my dealer. Have a print out of it. Talked to them yesterday and it's still in their system. FoMoCo has not, however, picked up the order yet. So the order is in the Dealers system, not in FoMoCo's system. My understanding, as previously posted, is that order banks open 1/18/10, which means FoMoCo will start handing out allocations at that time. If your dealer gets an allocation, then you can 'order a car'. I'm not sure how Ford decides which dealers get allocations first, but I'm sure there's some formula to it. Getting an order into a Dealers system does not mean you have a car ordered. The Dealer must receive an allocation first, then order a car.

Yup, that makes more sense.

Test drove a 2010 Gt with a track pack and glass roof. The cabin stayed hot even with the AC on. The sales rep stated that the glass roof does a great job of allowing a lot of sun in but the heat builds up as well. Just food for thought.

I'm on the border line of Queens and Long Island

Hi All, I believe the order banks open in januaryr for the GT and a bit later for the Gt500, Even we cant order any yet, so not sure what's happening here......Where's Michael Morrison when you need him? :)

There is no price out yet , the dealer called our rep. in MN , she told him if there was a price increase it will be very little. On another note my order say 5.4 sc engine. Really hoping for the lighter block.

I was one of the doubters (re: Al block) but I was told that there IS going to be a Al. 5.4L engine in the 2011 GT500 by a reliable source at Shelby. No "if's ands or butts", it IS going to be aluminium.

Also, stay tuned for a VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT on Jaunary 18th (from SAI). It might have something to do with the new 5.0L mustang coming out in 2011 (READ BETWEEN THE LINES).

Phill Pollard

Hi All, I believe the order banks open in januaryr for the GT and a bit later for the Gt500, Even we cant order any yet, so not sure what's happening here......Where's Michael Morrison when you need him? :)

Its Michael Morris, not Morrison

Archived