TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 super snake on ebay

KAM

as a buyer and seller of a few cars on ebay. if you really want to bid on car email seller where it says contact seller ask him to call you or give you his phone number.i've found that talking to the buyer or seller direct you can pretty well tell if he is legit not 100% but you get good or bad vibes when you talk to a guy . just my personal 2 cents

as a buyer and seller of a few cars on ebay. if you really want to bid on car email seller where it says contact seller ask him to call you or give you his phone number.i've found that talking to the buyer or seller direct you can pretty well tell if he is legit not 100% but you get good or bad vibes when you talk to a guy . just my personal 2 cents

Very true. If they wont talk to you then you are being scammed.

MM

Your correct. 9999.99 is OK, but 10K we have to fill out a piece of paper reporting that much CASH. The banks have to do it too!

MM

Just an fyi on that IRS thing.

$10k is when it MUST be filed/reported. A majority of banks report cash transactions under $10k as well.

And I agree with MM. Fly in and check the car out in person and then arrange a bank transfer while you're there. What's a $400 or so plane ticket when you're talking spending $57-$80 on a car.

Steve

see the car .... leave a deposit with a third party .. ie lawyer ... and wire the funds to an attorneys trust fund ... and have the seller deliver the title ... verify the vin ... do dmv check on the title make sure there are no liens or emcumberances ...

I think with the recomendations of MM and some of the others ... you should have a game plan. This is a great deal at that price !

It looks like an awesome car. The only thing I might check is to see if the transmission/clutch TSB has been done. It's a 2007 so they were very prone to the problem. Maybe you can find someone from close by to go look for you from this forum.

Good luck with it and you will love it when you get it. Nothing turns heads like a an SS. The 725 hp will shock you a bit as well.

Don

Yes, they do. Quantum has them as an option on cars they modify on for about $1,500. Including Super Snakes.

That is interesting.........So "additional" items can be added at some of the authorized Super Snake facilities for additional cost, during the Super Snake build I presume. I guess this is kinda like lowering the engine with shorter mounts at Tasca and installing the S.T.B. over the KB.

R

I think the picture you are comparing to is 07SS0001C.

Just checked. SAI didnt build 08SS0001C

The Super Snake Concept car at SAI that sits in the showroom is red and I suspect it is the car in the photo. I can't remember if it was a '07 or '08 but I *suspect* it's a '07 (why would ya make a concept car of a car that already exists??). I *know* it's number one with a "C" (concept) after it though, just not sure of the MY.

It's sitting right next to the KR number one C concept car.

Phill Pollard

The Super Snake Concept car at SAI that sits in the showroom is red and I suspect it is the car in the photo. I can't remember if it was a '07 or '08 but I *suspect* it's a '07 (why would ya make a concept car of a car that already exists??). I *know* it's number one with a "C" (concept) after it though, just not sure of the MY.

It's sitting right next to the KR number one C concept car.

Phill Pollard

Gary has the 07 SS concept that sits in the museum.

Bidding ended at a price of $59,101.00.

So what does this $59K+ (reserve met) final bid price say for the other 725 Super Snakes that are on eBay with multiple higher level bids and "reserve not met" status?...........You would think that "if" they were all real bids, at least some of those bidders would have jumped all over this Black car for a lower price?? Just an observation......

"Reserve met" vs. "reserve not met" makes all the difference for real world current prices.

R

That is interesting.........So "additional" items can be added at some of the authorized Super Snake facilities for additional cost, during the Super Snake build I presume. I guess this is kinda like lowering the engine with shorter mounts at Tasca and installing the S.T.B. over the KB.

R

Robert,

No modifications to the base build can be made outside the current offerings we currently list prior to badging of a vehicle. After badging the owner is free to add whatever they would like to the build.

Roger

Robert,

No modifications to the base build can be made outside the current offerings we currently list prior to badging of a vehicle. After badging the owner is free to add whatever they would like to the build.

Roger

Thanks Roger. So a pair of polished valve covers or other item(s) will not be on the same invoice as the Super Snake conversion?

Robert

They are NOT factory, but can be added!

I think the picture you are comparing to is 07SS0001C.

MM

Just checked. SAI didnt build 08SS0001C

I dont know that it matters, but didnt want anyone chasing a car that doesnt exist!

This is a picture of #1 Super Snake. They may have changed it to 07SS0001C when they decieded to make 07,08, and 09's.

41.jpg

This was the plate on Amy's car.

101220071349074190.jpg

Archived