TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 super snake on ebay

KAM

I'm very tempted, and my wife gave the OK... What should I look out for so I don't get scammed?

You could ask Roger to check the CSM and vin numbers for a match. I'd also fly in to see the SS in person before buying.

Uh, by the way....................just gotta love your wife.

You could ask Roger to check the CSM and vin numbers for a match. I'd also fly in to see the SS in person before buying.

Uh, by the way....................just gotta love your wife.

I got a better idea! 42ITUS can fly "me" to see it then fly "me" to Hawaii to tell him about it! :happy feet:

I'm very tempted, and my wife gave the OK... What should I look out for so I don't get scammed?

It is REAL his Name is Allan Hamm of Rapid City, SD. It's a really nice SS, don't be scared to bid on this.

Ebay sellers back out of deals all the time, even reserve met auctions. There is no enforcement on anyones part.

My first concern was the sellers low feedback and no feedback as a seller. Hard to get a feel for a ebay seller without a track record.

Although everything seems to check out I'm confident that the auction wont close at $57k

Steve

Ebay sellers back out of deals all the time, even reserve met auctions. There is no enforcement on anyones part.

My first concern was the sellers low feedback and no feedback as a seller. Hard to get a feel for a ebay seller without a track record.

Although everything seems to check out I'm confident that the auction wont close at $57k

Steve

And CarFax history...............

R

The bad thing about NO RESERVE is that the seller can run the bid up at anytime!! So if he dont want to sell it all he has to do is have another accoutant or have a friend run it up. The car is well worth the 57K, but I dont think it will end there.

MM

I agree with this^^^^^^^^on "Reserve not met" auctions, but not on "Reserve met" or no reserve. If friends are bidding this car up, and a non-friend does not win the car, the car certainly will not be forced on a winning bidder friend, so it will appear for sale again on eBay, this raises questions about this car when it is relisted multiple times. These questions would also be asked if this car has multiple bids and then bid cancelations. Now, if it is a "Reserve not met" scenario, then yes, friends can, and do bid the car to make it appear "in demand", but they bid just short of the reserve price, and then the next non-friend bid buys the car. Not that this practice is right or honest, but it is common.

No reserve tells me that this person is either no longer interested in this car and the original $$$ output is not an issue, or they have fallen upon hard times and this car needs to go at any cost. I am not familiar with friendly bidders backing out on bids, and then it forcing a non-friend bidder to buy.

R

I got a better idea! 42ITUS can fly "me" to see it then fly "me" to Hawaii to tell him about it! :happy feet:

love the way you think! Being from Hawaii, SD is probably so damn cold right now it might make sense for me to fly you over there.

torn between bidding on this or having MM order me a '11 GT500.

It is REAL his Name is Allan Hamm of Rapid City, SD. It's a really nice SS, don't be scared to bid on this.

This is what I got from the seller. I asked him why wire transfers only.

I work for the bank that took possession of it when the dealership closed. Wire transfers are the only method that is still safe and not possible to be fraudulent. Unfortunately cashiers checks have become more and more like personal checks and able to be counterfeit. The title is tranfered into the banks name.

So, this was for sale at a dealership? If the bank is the actual seller, it SHOULD be legit, right? I'm assuming I can call the bank and verify the routing number and account before I actually wire it.

My wife is pushing me to wait for a glass roof '11 GT500. She says the Super Snake looks just like my GT-H... Obviously, she could care less about Mustangs. When I first looked at a GT500 her comment was "$60K for a Mustang???" But I'm slowly turning her to the dark side...

This is what I got from the seller. I asked him why wire transfers only.

I work for the bank that took possession of it when the dealership closed. Wire transfers are the only method that is still safe and not possible to be fraudulent. Unfortunately cashiers checks have become more and more like personal checks and able to be counterfeit. The title is tranfered into the banks name.

So, this was for sale at a dealership? If the bank is the actual seller, it SHOULD be legit, right? I'm assuming I can call the bank and verify the routing number and account before I actually wire it.

My wife is pushing me to wait for a glass roof '11 GT500. She says the Super Snake looks just like my GT-H... Obviously, she could care less about Mustangs. When I first looked at a GT500 her comment was "$60K for a Mustang???" But I'm slowly turning her to the dark side...

My credit union says the same thing.........do not treat money orders or other official paper funds as "good" unless you are cashing them at the original bank where they were issued and funds are verified. They have told me that more and more, bad/bogus money orders are coming back to them. They put a hold on all of these paper funds until they are either verified, or clear the system.

Dark side??........tell her there is this "thing" about 700+ horses.

R

Hey folks. My name is Todd Christoffer and I am the person that listed the Super Snake on ebay. I am the Division President for First National Bank who has repossessed the car from the dealership previously in title to the car. It is a 100% legit auction and the reserve price has been met and will be sold to the highest bidder. I am not running up the auction price and have removed the buy it now price of $75k becuase several other snakes on ebay have not reached that price. Although $57k is low for the value and what is owed, I hope that it will bring closer to the $69k that other cars have been bid up to but did not meet those seller's reserve price and now have been re-listed.

As to the feedback, I have never sold on e-bay and am not a dealer. I have purchased several items and always received positive feedback.

The successful bidder will have 7 days to inspect the car and pay for it by wire transfer directly to the bank. Cashier's checks are indeed more and more risky and money orders are worse. In order to see this car leave the State and title be transferred, I can only accept a wire of funds to know that they will clear.

Finally, the car is currently stored in a trailer and the current weather conditions in SD is winter white. So driving the car prior to sale will not be allowed without payment first. I am sure most of you on this forum know what the car is, how it drives, and the ungodly power it has. to drive it on wet and slippery roads is just not a good idea.

Thanks for your interest and discussion on the car. Any questions please call my cell phone at 605-391-8705 before Monday.

Hey folks. My name is Todd Christoffer and I am the person that listed the Super Snake on ebay. I am the Division President for First National Bank who has repossessed the car from the dealership previously in title to the car. It is a 100% legit auction and the reserve price has been met and will be sold to the highest bidder. I am not running up the auction price and have removed the buy it now price of $75k becuase several other snakes on ebay have not reached that price. Although $57k is low for the value and what is owed, I hope that it will bring closer to the $69k that other cars have been bid up to but did not meet those seller's reserve price and now have been re-listed.

As to the feedback, I have never sold on e-bay and am not a dealer. I have purchased several items and always received positive feedback.

The successful bidder will have 7 days to inspect the car and pay for it by wire transfer directly to the bank. Cashier's checks are indeed more and more risky and money orders are worse. In order to see this car leave the State and title be transferred, I can only accept a wire of funds to know that they will clear.

Finally, the car is currently stored in a trailer and the current weather conditions in SD is winter white. So driving the car prior to sale will not be allowed without payment first. I am sure most of you on this forum know what the car is, how it drives, and the ungodly power it has. to drive it on wet and slippery roads is just not a good idea.

Thanks for your interest and discussion on the car. Any questions please call my cell phone at 605-391-8705 before Monday.

Thanks for coming on here and clearing this up! Sorry that yall had to repo the car. I would give BODY PARTS to have another SS, just not the right time for me.

MM

I am sure hunderd dollar bills will get the car as well......dance.gif

The wire transfer fees can be costly.

Wire transfer dont cost much!

If you bring 60K cash to a bank your going to have to explain that much CASH to the IRS. The bank has to give them notice that you brought that kind of CASH in!!

If anyone is interested. Fly and see the car. After everything is agreed upon have your bank wire the money to thier bank. Easy!

I had not done a wire transfer up until a few years ago and now we seem to do them more and more

MM

I guess I was thinking Western Union. I have never done a wire transfer just western union and they do stick it to you.

So if a person brought $60,000 in cash to a car dealership does the car dealership have to report it to the IRS? What is the magic number that a car dealership has to report a cash Purchase to the IRS? I assume it is $10,000 but not really sure

I guess I was thinking Western Union. I have never done a wire transfer just western union and they do stick it to you.

So if a person brought $60,000 in cash to a car dealership does the car dealership have to report it to the IRS? What is the magic number that a car dealership has to report a cash Purchase to the IRS? I assume it is $10,000 but not really sure

Your correct. 9999.99 is OK, but 10K we have to fill out a piece of paper reporting that much CASH. The banks have to do it too!

MM

Archived