TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replacement struts for hood lift kit?

txcobra

Ok searched on this, but didnt find anything. I purchased the kit that SPP sells and the struts have already given out. Does anyone know of a better replacement strut that will work with this hardware? Or should I just get another (and better) kit?

BTW, this is on my 40th, with a regular GT500 hood.

Here's a pic of the one I got:

100421.jpg

Did these require drilling? I don't like the way these look quite as much because the struts are so long and positioned so for out on the hood, but that's probably why they work so well. I am hoping I can find some heavier struts that look / mount in the same way and location that these do.

Yes, you have to drill and the way they are mounted is what gives you the stability. If you are coming to Vegas, you can see how they look in person. I originally had your kind installed at the Mod Shop when they S/C'd my car but Bud took them off and told me he was not comfortable with them.

Jim

Ok searched on this, but didnt find anything. I purchased the kit that SPP sells and the struts have already given out. Does anyone know of a better replacement strut that will work with this hardware? Or should I just get another (and better) kit?

BTW, this is on my 40th, with a regular GT500 hood.

Here's a pic of the one I got:

100421.jpg

I have redline racing on a trufiber k /r style hood works GREAT also i'am now installing them on a stock hood on a gt500 i'am upgradeing for a freind . the best struts I have found 428cj

• 3 weeks later...

The SPP site says they are not recommended for GT500s (yes - most likely added after you purchased). Also says they are working on a stronger version for GT500s available mid to late 2009. Since tomorrow is 2010, can't get much later than that! Any news on the new version?

Archived