TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installed Baer Brakes

justindewoody

I finally got my Baer Brakes installed. I have attached some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Looks really good i have order them too but want to wait to put them on. Will order me first also the Alcoa wheels like you already have but can't find some for sale. :banghead:

Justin,

Did the same myself about three weeks ago! Only difference was that I kept the stock wheels, and the calipers are silver with blue letters (on a Grabber Blue car). They are very nice.

I had a minor problem with a couple of the bleed fittings leaking a bit. Called Baer and they just told me to tighten them to 20 foot/lbs. They seem to be OK now after tightening and a couple of heat cycles. Did you have any problems with the bleeders?

Mark

Justin,

Did the same myself about three weeks ago! Only difference was that I kept the stock wheels, and the calipers are silver with blue letters (on a Grabber Blue car). They are very nice.

I had a minor problem with a couple of the bleed fittings leaking a bit. Called Baer and they just told me to tighten them to 20 foot/lbs. They seem to be OK now after tightening and a couple of heat cycles. Did you have any problems with the bleeders?

Mark

No sir. I did NOT have any problems. In fact, the entire install took me only about 1 hour. It was easy and quick.

I can't say yet either. I'm spending some time breaking them in rather gently, per the instructions. Have to wear off the zinc coating and get a few heat cycles in them prior to seasoning them. I road race a 95R so I'm pretty attentive to braking performance. I'll post back up in this forum once I've really had a chance to lean on them. My guess is that you'll only notice a big difference when driving the car hard on a track: greatly reduced fade and more repeatability. We'll see.

Thanks for the reply Justin!

I can't say yet either. I'm spending some time breaking them in rather gently, per the instructions. Have to wear off the zinc coating and get a few heat cycles in them prior to seasoning them. I road race a 95R so I'm pretty attentive to braking performance. I'll post back up in this forum once I've really had a chance to lean on them. My guess is that you'll only notice a big difference when driving the car hard on a track: greatly reduced fade and more repeatability. We'll see.

Thanks for the reply Justin!

Thanks, that's pretty much what I would expect from them, only really going to be noticable under extreme braking situations such as road course conditions.

Look forward to reading you guys reviews after putting some miles on them.

I have a question I installed the extreme kit and i took it for a ride it makes alot of noise sounds horrible I drive it easy doing easy stopping sounds like metal binding bad on one front sounds like it has a on and off metal rub is thi normal I haven't driven the car might take it out tommorrow to brake them in some more

I have a question I installed the extreme kit and i took it for a ride it makes alot of noise sounds horrible I drive it easy doing easy stopping sounds like metal binding bad on one front sounds like it has a on and off metal rub is thi normal I haven't driven the car might take it out tommorrow to brake them in some more

That's not normal. I have NO noises whatsoever. Something is wrong with your installation. My brakes are super quiet and smooth...no noises. You need to check out your installation and make sure everything is correct.

Now that is a run on sentence that'll never stop!

That's not normal. I have NO noises whatsoever. Something is wrong with your installation. My brakes are super quiet and smooth...no noises. You need to check out your installation and make sure everything is correct.

Yeah I checked everything saw both of those vibration plates that hold the brake pads fell and sat on top of the rotors, that's where the noise is coming from. This has been a nightmare wish I stayed with the factory brembos.

Archived