TEAM SHELBY FORUM

being Safe at work pays off (new toys)

me32

Well for being safe at work all Year long, my boss gave me a $50 Visa gift card. :rockon: so what did i do with that great gift. well i got the CHE Anti-Squat brackets for the Shelby:thumbsup:. best of all they just came in today. Thanks for all the guys that said to check out CHE's brackets. out of all the ones i have seen an felt in person these look an feel the most solid. there very well made cant wait to get them on and try them when is nice an sunny again. :drool:.

here are the pics of them.

CHEAnti-Squatbrackets001.jpg

CHEAnti-Squatbrackets002.jpg

me32,

Congratulations on receiving your safety award! Good choice on what you did with it. I would appreciate your opinion on this practice. I'm the Safety Director of a specialty contractor with several hundred employees spread across the country. We distribute gift certificate awards and logoed clothing items to our crews this time of year at appreciation B.B.Q. lunches/dinners. I know most workers watch out for themselves and their buddies because no one wants to get hurt or cause a damage incident. How do you feel that cash and other safety awards encourages this behavior? Thanks, and stay safe!

me32,

Congratulations on receiving your safety award! Good choice on what you did with it. I would appreciate your opinion on this practice. I'm the Safety Director of a specialty contractor with several hundred employees spread across the country. We distribute gift certificate awards and logoed clothing items to our crews this time of year at appreciation B.B.Q. lunches/dinners. I know most workers watch out for themselves and their buddies because no one wants to get hurt or cause a damage incident. How do you feel that cash and other safety awards encourages this behavior? Thanks, and stay safe!

thanks man, i myself self never wanna get injured, so working safe is important to me. but it really helps that companys show in someway(more than just a thank you with a pat on the back)that thet really an truly appreciate there employees staying safe an staying injury free. just like the examples you were explaining. since our company has started these new Gift card program our depot has been injury free for like over 3 years. incentives help employees try harder at whatever there doing. also working safe an having injury free saves companys thousands to millions of dollars of year. so why not spend less money rewarding those employees that strive to work safe. IMO

thanks man, i myself self never wanna get injured, so working safe is important to me. but it really helps that companys show in someway(more than just a thank you with a pat on the back)that thet really an truly appreciate there employees staying safe an staying injury free. just like the examples you were explaining. since our company has started these new Gift card program our depot has been injury free for like over 3 years. incentives help employees try harder at whatever there doing. also working safe an having injury free saves companys thousands to millions of dollars of year. so why not spend less money rewarding those employees that strive to work safe. IMO

me32,

You're right on the money! I would much rather hand out lots of gift cards and other goodies to our crews rather than pay claims or insurance deductibles! I love my job, except for when someone gets hurt. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often as we plan our work and have great crews. Due to the nature of our work, we have to operate in a "zero incident" environment. We usually don't get a second chance. So we make it a habit to thank the Team several times a year. Thanks for the feedback, and stay safe!

me32,

You're right on the money! I would much rather hand out lots of gift cards and other goodies to our crews rather than pay claims or insurance deductibles! I love my job, except for when someone gets hurt. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often as we plan our work and have great crews. Due to the nature of our work, we have to operate in a "zero incident" environment. We usually don't get a second chance. So we make it a habit to thank the Team several times a year. Thanks for the feedback, and stay safe!

no problem, thanks for the comments. you stay safe aswell an happy holidays

Archived