TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just off the Truck

hornsberry

congrats on getting your car. i know there are a couple of us on here waiting for our gray/black combos so its nice to see some different pics of that combo.

couple of questions...first, many people here are wondering if ford has begun painting the rear differentials/axles of these cars. painting of the rears was rumored to start with December builds. if your car is a December build, can you do us a favor and check to see if yours is painted or left unpainted?

second...well that's really the only question i had. hope you're enjoying your new toy. congrats again

congrats on getting your car. i know there are a couple of us on here waiting for our gray/black combos so its nice to see some different pics of that combo.

couple of questions...first, many people here are wondering if ford has begun painting the rear differentials/axles of these cars. painting of the rears was rumored to start with December builds. if your car is a December build, can you do us a favor and check to see if yours is painted or left unpainted?

second...well that's really the only question i had. hope you're enjoying your new toy. congrats again

Unpainted. This color combo goes amazingly with the wheels.

2sharpie,

Your stripe delete is beautiful! Can you tell us about the exhaust tips? They look great. Thanks.

Jim

Its the Roush Off-Road Extreme exhaust for the 2010's -- 4" tips too.............I absolutely love it. I have previous posts with videos http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47734-roush-or-cat-back-on-a-2010-gt500/page__st__40__p__811792__fromsearch__1entry811792

also did you black out the badges and the faux gascap? what did you use?

I blacked out all the emblems except the front grille (the snakes even have red eyes)........had a company called Unique Automotive Designs do them for me -- http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49123-blacked-out-emblemspics/page__p__822870__fromsearch__1entry822870

Hornsberry.........not trying to jack your thread!! Your car is Awesome.....make sure you drive it before the snow kicks in -- I'm going through withdrawals now!! Do you have anything planned as far as Xmas gifts for yourself??!!

Its the Roush Off-Road Extreme exhaust for the 2010's -- 4" tips too.............I absolutely love it.

I'll assume the Roush off-road doesn't use CAT's, right?

Did you have to put a tune/remap into your car?

I'm wondering how the pre-CAT and post-CAT EGO's deal with it.

Thanks,

Phill Pollard

2010 GT500

Time to celebrate. :happy feet: :happy feet:

How long from production to delivery?

Lawdude,

They are suppose to start building my GT500 today (December 14, 2009) and I have an estimated delivery date of April 2010.

I like the color, understated. Mine should be that color.

Lawdude,

They are suppose to start building my GT500 today (December 14, 2009) and I have an estimated delivery date of April 2010.

I like the color, understated. Mine should be that color.

Lawdudes car was built the week of the 7th and should be here by the end of the month. If you car is built today it will be there by the end of January

MM

It's an axle-back......no tune required ( http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1187 )

I went to the Roush site via the link you provided and opened the instruction sheet for that part number.

It gives the application as: 2010 Ford Mustang GT with 3 valve 4.6L engine with manual or automatic transmission.

Was there any difference in the pipe diameter between the Roush part and the OE exhaust pipe left after you remove the mid-pipe?

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

I went to the Roush site via the link you provided and opened the instruction sheet for that part number.

It gives the application as: 2010 Ford Mustang GT with 3 valve 4.6L engine with manual or automatic transmission.

Was there any difference in the pipe diameter between the Roush part and the OE exhaust pipe left after you remove the mid-pipe?

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

Nope...perfect fit. I actually called Roush and spoke to them making sure it was a direct fit for the '10 Shelby before I ordered it . Fit like a glove.........

Nope...perfect fit. I actually called Roush and spoke to them making sure it was a direct fit for the '10 Shelby before I ordered it . Fit like a glove.........

Okay, cool. Thanks.

That's probably the one I'm going to go with. Everyone that's had it speaks highly of it. Never heard a bad thing about it.

Where'd you buy it from, Roush direct?

TIA,

Phill Pollard

2010 GT500

Okay, cool. Thanks.

That's probably the one I'm going to go with. Everyone that's had it speaks highly of it. Never heard a bad thing about it.

Where'd you buy it from, Roush direct?

TIA,

Phill Pollard

2010 GT500

Ordered it from Late Model Restoration...........was about $40 cheaper for shipping and in stock. Got it in less than a week.

You have good taste in colors. What part of Washington you in, I'm in Puyallup.post-26791-126117897489_thumb.jpg

Puyallup? We are only a few minutes from each other, I live out on 224th in Graham. Have you gone down to Crispy Cream on Fridays after 7pm? Only got to get down there a few times this past summer but they would get about 15-30 mustangs each night. Look forward to seeing both our 10s there this summer if you get the chance.

Nic

Archived