TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Superformance GT40 - Track use

CSstang

Hi all,

I've been looking into buying a used Superformance GT40 MkII (427ci) from the US and bringing it up to Canada for track use. When I was down in Vegas I spoke to a guy who owned a MkI with a 351 in it and said that he was selling it in favor of a GT40/R that is more track-ready. He mentioned specifically that he had problems with the oil pressure dropping severely on hard runs... any owners out there that can attest to that? Also, any other problems related to track use I should know about? I'm having trouble finding good feedback on websites.

If the problem is severe enough I might consider looking into the GT40/R or something else in Shelby's vintage lineup. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Kev

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I've been looking into buying a used Superformance GT40 MkII (427ci) from the US and bringing it up to Canada for track use. When I was down in Vegas I spoke to a guy who owned a MkI with a 351 in it and said that he was selling it in favor of a GT40/R that is more track-ready. He mentioned specifically that he had problems with the oil pressure dropping severely on hard runs... any owners out there that can attest to that? Also, any other problems related to track use I should know about? I'm having trouble finding good feedback on websites.

If the problem is severe enough I might consider looking into the GT40/R or something else in Shelby's vintage lineup. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Kev

Kev

You have a PM

Grady

Archived