TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Outrageous shipping charges on merchandise

Tim Olewine

Why does Shelby charge such high shipping charges at this time of year when most are offering free shipping?

Freight is a true cost that they shoudl pass on......on the other hand, they had a great sales on a bunch of items all 30% off.

BTW, FedEx just raised their rates 5-6%.

Why does Shelby charge such high shipping charges at this time of year when most are offering free shipping?

Yea, They have to pay for those 20 and 30 percent discounts and the dozens of emails they send each member to remind them of the 20 and 30 percent discounts somehow :wacko:

I just ordered the Shelby office chair yesterday. I had shopped the same chair but without the Shelby Cobra logo and the best shipping I could get was $67. The Shelby Store is shipping it to me for $27. Not bad.

I think we have all "been there" feeling like a merchant is using "shipping and handling" as a profit center. When I have that feeling, I contact the company, tell them how I feel and why (respectfully) and tell them the name of the merchant I bought the item from rather than them. Shipping is shipping. But "handling" should be built into the price as that will be the same for every transaction no matter where you live.

My two cents.

Jim

I know from my business shipping is based upon your zipcode so that is why shipping to you Clark was only $27 because most likely the chair is coming from California or Vegas but if I wanted the chair I am sure the shipping will cost a ton more than $27.00spiteful.gif

I suggested to Robert to raise the price of the merchandise and have shipping free so that way we don't have a unexpected surprise at checkout he said it sounds like a good idea but I guess its not a good enough of an idea to implement.headscratch.gif

I didn't order a single item on the last 30% off sale because of shipping prices and I'm irratated that certain products change their price for instance: I ordered a large 427 tin sign and it was $85 with 20% off but then when they had the last sale they changed the normal price of the sign to $70 plus the 20% off, now I see its back to $85 so it gets old seeing the prices change all the time. Plus the sign arrived with a bent corner which I haven't mentioned to Robert because its no big deal I will just bend it back and it was also shipped to my billing address instead of my shipping address which has happened quite a few times in the past. I'm sorry to complain about this but seriously whoever is actually putting the items in the box and making the shipping labels should triple check to make sure the product is going to the shipping address instead of the billing address.yup.gif

I guess the main reason why I am so pissed the box arrived to the billing address is that I left the box in the hallway of my business and I tripped over it and fell into a welding tank and broke my thumb so during my business's busy season I get to ship a ton of orders off with a broken thumb. Its not their fault I broke my thumb but if the box had arrived to my home address it wouldn't have been in the hallway of my business for me to trip over.poke.gif

On a positive note I always enjoy the discount coupons and the product is always top notch and Robert and Sharon are truely wonderful and work extremely hard and love their job yahoo.gif

I have to agree that the shipping is outrageous. I ordered a license plate frame for $25, and they charged me $10.44 for shipping.

The other thing is that they don't post the shipping charges when you order, it says they will figure it out at a later time. Then I recieve an email stating that the item is shipped, then find out the shipping charges. I emailed them about this 2 days ago but haven't heard back from them.

I was going to order several items, but found them way cheaper at Blue Oval industries. I ordered serval items and the shipping was way less that $10.44.

I agree about the "we'll compute shipping later" shit being a bad selling point, i've bought from champion mustang for everything "shelby" that i've ordered for my sgt so far, and a big reason for that was just that the shipping is stated before I click the order now button. I don't like to not know what the total is when I'm commiting to buy something even if it's a small amount... That said, I don't see the shipping quotes given here to be that out of line with the prices I pay to fedex stuff out, so I don't think they are creating a profit center out of this.

It's not so much the shipping that costs, it's the "HANDLING" charge tacked on. I ordered some electronic stuff at Wal mart online. They charged 97 cents to ship to my house, and it's free to ship to store.

I agree about the "we'll compute shipping later" shit being a bad selling point, i've bought from champion mustang for everything "shelby" that i've ordered for my sgt so far, and a big reason for that was just that the shipping is stated before I click the order now button. I don't like to not know what the total is when I'm commiting to buy something even if it's a small amount... That said, I don't see the shipping quotes given here to be that out of line with the prices I pay to fedex stuff out, so I don't think they are creating a profit center out of this.

I agree with the problem in adding shipping charges later, AFTER you have placed an order. However, that is SPP and NOT the TS Store doing that. Just wanted to clarify this as some people who have not ordered using the TS store may not know that. SPP should be ashamed of their site. There is NO excuse for this problematic, questionalble shipping system to be on a web site of a company of this caliber in this day and age. There...I'll shut up now :hysterical:

I just ordered the Shelby office chair yesterday. I had shopped the same chair but without the Shelby Cobra logo and the best shipping I could get was $67. The Shelby Store is shipping it to me for $27. Not bad.

I think we have all "been there" feeling like a merchant is using "shipping and handling" as a profit center. When I have that feeling, I contact the company, tell them how I feel and why (respectfully) and tell them the name of the merchant I bought the item from rather than them. Shipping is shipping. But "handling" should be built into the price as that will be the same for every transaction no matter where you live.

My two cents.

Jim

ShelbyStore.com does NOT charge any handling fees. All of our rates are UPS live and we do not add in any additional percentage. . .sale or no sale.

Jim is correct, if you think a rate is off, please contact Tim H or Kameron H

If something goes UPS, like a mug, UPS charges a one pound minimum.

Please note that SPP and ShelbyStore are not related.

I have to agree that the shipping is outrageous. I ordered a license plate frame for $25, and they charged me $10.44 for shipping.

The other thing is that they don't post the shipping charges when you order, it says they will figure it out at a later time. Then I recieve an email stating that the item is shipped, then find out the shipping charges. I emailed them about this 2 days ago but haven't heard back from them.

I was going to order several items, but found them way cheaper at Blue Oval industries. I ordered serval items and the shipping was way less that $10.44.

We do not sell license plate frame this must be a different company not the ShelbyStore.com, our systems is tied right to UPS you get the rate that they set we do not set the rate. The only thing that we set is the weight of the item and if it is an item that has to ship from a vendor or ship by itself.

We do not sell license plate frame this must be a different company not the ShelbyStore.com, our systems is tied right to UPS you get the rate that they set we do not set the rate. The only thing that we set is the weight of the item and if it is an item that has to ship from a vendor or ship by itself.

If you think that you where charged to much please feel free to contact us and we can look into it for you no problem.

Sorry about that Sharon, It was SPP that I have the problem with. I have had a few items ordered from the Shelby Store that I felt the charges where to high so I called and they where then adjusted. Great customer service. SPP needs to adjust retails and shipping. I saved over $75 ordering the same items from another vendor.

• 2 weeks later...

Shipping does seem to he higher than most other vendors.

However, I would like to see the Shelby Store answer their Damn telephone or return the message you left. It has been three days now and no response.

I guess they don't care about customer service. They are going to keep messing around with true Shelby customers and lose a lot of business.

I guess I want be hooked by the 30% off business again for their merchandise if they cannot treat their customers right.

I have had a few items ordered from the Shelby Store that I felt the charges where to high so I called and they where then adjusted.

How could they be adjusted, if as Sharon mentioned, they are tied into the UPS system? Something isn't right.

Tob

Shipping does seem to he higher than most other vendors.

However, I would like to see the Shelby Store answer their Damn telephone or return the message you left. It has been three days now and no response.

I guess they don't care about customer service. They are going to keep messing around with true Shelby customers and lose a lot of business.

I guess I want be hooked by the 30% off business again for their merchandise if they cannot treat their customers right.

What number are you calling I have a guy that is on the phones all day returning phone calls, however we did move offices on Friday and Monday and our phones where down but they where all returned yesterday, so I want to make sure that you are calling the right number.

Also the office will be closed today at 12 noon and will reopen on December 29th Monday.

You can also e-mail Kameronh@shelbyautos.com

How could they be adjusted, if as Sharon mentioned, they are tied into the UPS system? Something isn't right.

Tob

Yes the system is connected to UPS but sometimes it still messes up usually with international we try to catch as much as we can, however like I said if you think that yours was to high call after the 29th and we can look into this.

Where I work we have a UPS system. We ship between 20 and 50 packages each day. From a couple of screws at under a pound to 100 pound castings. UPS provides the entire system, computer, scale, label printer, etc. You place the package on the scale type in the address and the system generates the label and cost. There are no adjustments. It is what it is. I can say I am always surprised at how much it costs to send something.

Anyway, if theirs works like ours, it is what it is.

Where I work we have a UPS system. We ship between 20 and 50 packages each day. From a couple of screws at under a pound to 100 pound castings. UPS provides the entire system, computer, scale, label printer, etc. You place the package on the scale type in the address and the system generates the label and cost. There are no adjustments. It is what it is. I can say I am always surprised at how much it costs to send something.

Anyway, if theirs works like ours, it is what it is.

We run a shipping business as well and usually charge the customers what we pay based on the live API to UPS. People still complain about a couple dollars. It's probably the economy. We've even lost a few dollars and had the customer complain anyway. I think some people forget about the cost of doing business also; the boxes pack themselves you know...

Archived