TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Everyone seems to like the orginal style tail lights.

wildosvt

Thanks for the link. I love the taillights but do you have to replace the whole rear clip to do this? Im not replacing my clip, especially not with THAT clip, lol. :stop: There no way I'm cutting on my car to do it either. The panel gaps are egregious, but my car will be black so they wont show much. Good idea, :idea: not sure about the execution. :doh: I really do like that look, too bad Ford didnt go that route. If I could do the tailights without butching my car I might be interested in this. If they make the trunk a lightweight, that would also be a plus, though the GT500 needs more ballast off the front than the rear. Weight savings is good though front or back.

Shelby himself ought to offer THIS conversion, a trick aluminum or plastic trunk with old school taillights and Spoiler done right, dealer installed and fix the lettering on the trunk while they are at it. An extra 3-5k maybe? I wouldn't even hesitate. The folks over at Shelby should be making a killing on these cars selling us stuff. They need to capitalize on the great heritage of these cars. Im not crazy about the 4oth anniversary package, its all show, little in the way of go and not the kinda show I like. :cry:

KC666

Thanks for the link. I love the taillights but do you have to replace the whole rear clip to do this? Im not replacing my clip, especially not with THAT clip, lol. :stop: There no way I'm cutting on my car to do it either. The panel gaps are egregious, but my car will be black so they wont show much. Good idea, :idea: not sure about the execution. :doh: I really do like that look, too bad Ford didnt go that route. If I could do the tailights without butching my car I might be interested in this. If they make the trunk a lightweight, that would also be a plus, though the GT500 needs more ballast off the front than the rear. Weight savings is good though front or back.

Shelby himself ought to offer THIS conversion, a trick aluminum or plastic trunk with old school taillights and Spoiler done right, dealer installed and fix the lettering on the trunk while they are at it. An extra 3-5k maybe? I wouldn't even hesitate. The folks over at Shelby should be making a killing on these cars selling us stuff. They need to capitalize on the great heritage of these cars. Im not crazy about the 4oth anniversary package, its all show, little in the way of go and not the kinda show I like. :cry:

KC666

It might be possible to take the stock housings and lenses and combine the middle sections to come up with a wider light and keep the right shape. Would still have to cut out the rear panel.

It might be possible to take the stock housings and lenses and combine the middle sections to come up with a wider light and keep the right shape. Would still have to cut out the rear panel.

Heres a second attempt using your suggestions. This would be easier to manufacture or make a one off, it follows the original break lines on the trunk using the stock lights. Part of the light would be on the lid.

KC666

Heres a second attempt using your suggestions. This would be easier to manufacture or make a one off, it follows the original break lines on the trunk using the stock lights. Part of the light would be on the lid.

KC666

Thanks for the pics, KC666

methinks is FUGLY!

KC666

ucky, icky, and grotey.

Thanks for posting it.

Yeah that last iteration is kinda freakish. If I keep doing these eventually the whole back of the car will be a tail light...I better stop now before I hurt myself :stop:

KC666

KC, although I made a negative comment about the look, I wanted to re-iterate that I still appreciate you taking the time to make them and show them...my comment was not directed at you.

Thanks again,

Dave

Someone mentioned earlier that it is illegal to delete the 3rd brake light, but that made me think how does Classic Design Concepts get away with selling their 3 peice duck tail spoiler which everyone seems to have????

Does that kit come with a 3rd brake light that goes inside the back glass window like many cars have standard anyway?

just curious

KC, although I made a negative comment about the look, I wanted to re-iterate that I still appreciate you taking the time to make them and show them...my comment was not directed at you.

Thanks again,

Dave

Thanks Dave. No worries, just goofing around a bit see if anything inspiring came of it. :idea:

KC666

Archived