TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR cold air intake

SkyPilot

I am looking for a replacement for the seal between the clean air tube and the air box on the 08-09 KR. It is the same cold air kit sold by Ford Racing but everybody turns dumb when I ask about this seal part since it does not come with the cold air kit in the FRPP catalog. Thanks.

i dont think that seal will work with a std gt500, if you look there are already marks on the underblanket now. the kr with the CF hood makes a larger space there so they need a "filler"

I am looking for a replacement for the seal between the clean air tube and the air box on the 08-09 KR. It is the same cold air kit sold by Ford Racing but everybody turns dumb when I ask about this seal part since it does not come with the cold air kit in the FRPP catalog. Thanks.

I believe the 08 Bullitt uses a seal - perhaps that will fit? Don't know whether it's available as a separate part.

It turns out FRPP gets the cold air kit from Roush. I talked to them and they don't seem to know what I am talking about and we also tried to order it through Ford-no luck. I asked FRPP what we are to do about any replacement parts we would someday need and they said we need to buy a complete new kit! They also said if one was damaged in an accident no sweat since the insurance company would just spring for a new kit anyway..............

When I had my GT500, I tried purchasing the air intake heat shield kit because of the way it sealed off the CAI from the rest of the engine compartment. I talked to the owners of our Ford dealership who personally called Ford/SAI and they stated that they would need your VIN#, pictures of the defect (I didn't have one in the first place), and we would need to send in the old one. If you don't have a KR, you can't get one! I even talked to a contact at Ford in Michigan Q.A department and he couldn't help me.

Archived