TEAM SHELBY FORUM

That new F150 Supersnake

NICK82

Has got to be the worst idea I have ever witnessed from Shelby. It's 10X worse than Porsche bringing in an SUV to the market. Way to turn the Shelby name into a white trash dream. Entirely dissapointed.

I agree the Shelby value is being hurt. IMO, when your company sells a product to a niche line, it needs to stay true to the product line. Leave selling trucks to dealerships and gold chains, chineese wheels and the such to wally world. I honestly don't think they will stay in business on the current course. I would not be surprised to see the entire company sold to wally, they can make money on the name and never touch a car.

I post this because I'm hoping someone SAI listens and has the ability to stop the selling of crap and get the company back on course. If I get banned for speaking up, I guess that's to bad for me.

^^..+1000 Not only is the truck ugly, it just reeks of nothing but profit making. Really, who would want this truck, reminds me of the Roush trucks, how well can they be selling? I do like the third gen Lightnings, but that is it for sport trucks. Stick with bad ass cars Shelby and leave the trucks to the other manufacturers.... :finger:

...and I thought I was the only one.

I mean no offense to SAI in anyway, but this kinda feels like a last who rah. It's great you want to compete against Roush and Saleen, but look at their market on their performance trucks. I would rather see a Shelby Focus or a Shelby Viper than a F150 IMO.

I would rather see a Shelby Focus or a Shelby Viper than a F150 IMO.

Oh man, tell me how bad azz that would be! They wouldn't even have to sell the whole car, just Shelby performance parts for it. I am seriously considering a 06 Viper coupe as soon as my Shelby is paid for....8.3 liters of Euro/import azz whoop... :peelout:

Oh man, tell me how bad azz that would be! They wouldn't even have to sell the whole car, just Shelby performance parts for it. I am seriously considering a 06 Viper coupe as soon as my Shelby is paid for....8.3 liters of Euro/import azz whoop... :peelout:

Not to hijack the thread but have you DRIVEN a Viper? They are the poster child for user unfriendly and example of how not to design ergonomics. Very uncomfortable car to drive, very limited foot space wayyyyyy off center for a BAD driving position that does not inspire confidence. And they are not much faster than a GT500 without a lot of mods, even then $$ for $$ the GT500 stays ahead....

Ohh, and me to for the butt ugly SS F150. Really shows what SAI is after....money on the CS name and nothing more.

To each his own I guess, I like the F150 SS. I wouldn't want it as a daily driver but it would be cool to have one.

I agree. It's not for everyone, but if someone wants it, let them have it. I would mind one, but there are a lot more things I would like to have in front of it. I think the way SAI is doing things is just right. They have their name out there with pre title work and now it appears they are focusing on post title work - or - if you will - build on demand. Sounds like a good deal to me. You only build what is needed and therefore prices are stable - unlike a new KR. If there are not many built, than the ones that are will be very rare in the future. Whether you like the truck or not, I think the way they are doing things is just right - not flooding the market. I mean - they are in business to make money. If they were not, then would we even have the cars that we have?

Actually, Im all for the truck aspect, but I would rather them focus on a good hauler and do mods on F250s and 350s, hell, even a 550? :happy feet: oh, and CURRENT year models so we can have a new vehicle Shelby....not some worn out 2006....

My point is that most of us have our favorite Shelby already...if Im gonna drive for speed and fun, its gonna be in my GT500 or maybe a GT350 if that happens :wink: , but the truck I would use as my daily driver, and to haul my other cars, so I need a truck that can handle a 28ft enclosed trailer, not a used F150...it just doesnt fit me...but as far as the styling goes, Im fine with them doing trucks, it just doesnt fit what Im after...

Archived