TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ALLOY IN THE SUN

putnamdo

Picked her up Dec. 27th. It has been a WONDERFUL, sunny weekend here in the pacific NW. All I want to do is drive. Car now has 275 miles. The acceleration is unbelievable. And it sure is an attention getter. Had a gal stick her head out of the passenger side of their car with a camera in one hand and a thumbs up in another as we were going down the freeway. It is a real head turner that is for sure. I took all these photos today.

I had never laid eyes on an alloy mustang before I picked mine up... and looking at all the other posts it was hard to be convinced that I choose the right color. And I do think that you can not hardly go wrong with any color combo, but let me tell you....alloy rocks! It is this sort of subtle, scary, kick a-- combo that changes personality in the sun and in the night. I love it. Hope these photos catch a glimpse of its personality.

post-4669-1167609780_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167609819_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167609884_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167609916_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167609960_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167610024_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167610073_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167610178_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167610265_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167609780_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167609819_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167609884_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167609916_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167609960_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167610024_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167610073_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167610178_thumb.jpg

post-4669-1167610265_thumb.jpg

You have lucked out on the weather. Today was the best in a while. Your car looks awesome, and I am looking forward to seeing it in person soon. How come no one likes to take photos of the rear of their car. I love the look of the rear with the exhaust pipes and facia.

You have lucked out on the weather. Today was the best in a while. Your car looks awesome, and I am looking forward to seeing it in person soon. How come no one likes to take photos of the rear of their car. I love the look of the rear with the exhaust pipes and facia.

I guess I just never thought of it at the time. My favorite part is how the beefy front just wraps around the wheels like a nascar car.

Why does the picture in your sig. show a motor in a red car if your car is white? :poke:

John,

He is teasing you like the others. Thanks for the PM letting me know that you are on my team. :banana piano:

• 1 month later...
Picked her up Dec. 27th. It has been a WONDERFUL, sunny weekend here in the pacific NW. All I want to do is drive. Car now has 275 miles. The acceleration is unbelievable. And it sure is an attention getter. Had a gal stick her head out of the passenger side of their car with a camera in one hand and a thumbs up in another as we were going down the freeway. It is a real head turner that is for sure. I took all these photos today.

I had never laid eyes on an alloy mustang before I picked mine up... and looking at all the other posts it was hard to be convinced that I choose the right color. And I do think that you can not hardly go wrong with any color combo, but let me tell you....alloy rocks! It is this sort of subtle, scary, kick a-- combo that changes personality in the sun and in the night. I love it. Hope these photos catch a glimpse of its personality.

Bryan,

I am looking forward to getting together for lunch today and Checking out your new GT500. I can't wait to ride in your car. I will make sure to bring a fresh set of Depends. :hysterical:

Awsum Car! :bowdown: I am waiting on an Alloy Vert. I am glad you like it.

I was wondering if I picked the right colour. :banana piano:

My PSDS is catching up with me. Thanks for a little relief.

Bryan,

Thank you sooooo much for letting me drive your car today. I now see what you mean by your comments above. Your car is one sweet ride. It was great to meet you and see your car up close in the sun. It is great looking.

PS.

If GT500E finds this thread, I would like him to make an Avatar out of one of Putnamdo's photos. He needs a cool Avatar. I know our master photo chop boy is up for the task.

Grabber

• 4 weeks later...

Putnamdo,

Do you have 1000 miles on your car yet. Seems to me you had about 7 0r 8 hundred on it when you let me drive it last month. Are you liking your new CatBacks ?

Putnamdo,

Do you have 1000 miles on your car yet. Seems to me you had about 7 0r 8 hundred on it when you let me drive it last month. Are you liking your new CatBacks ?

Grabber,

No, not 1000 miles yet....close to 900. I LOVE the Bassani cat backs! I'm looking forward to getting together with the pacific NW GT 500 owners and firing them all up at the same time.... that will give me goosebumps.

Grabber,

No, not 1000 miles yet....close to 900. I LOVE the Bassani cat backs! I'm looking forward to getting together with the pacific NW GT 500 owners and firing them all up at the same time.... that will give me goosebumps.

Yes indeed, that will be a sound to hear.

I am looking forward to meeting up tomorrow to go the the road and custom show and see 70SHELBY2254 and his 1970 GT500 displayed next to his 2007 GT500. I wont forget my camera this time. Photo Op of one of our members 2 cars on display. Should be a fun day. :happy feet:

Great pics, good luck with her.

Thanks. I really enjoy how the alloy 'changes' with the light.... very stealth at night!

Just got my BMR rear lower control arms and "leveling" springs for the back. Looking forward to putting them on. My windows are tinted now too so maybe I'll have to take a few updated photos if we ever get a decent day around here in the pacific NW!

Looking forward to seeing another alloy car on the road! So far I've seen only red.

Archived