TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT500 questions

ShelbyMike

They did have the Red Apperance Package but the car in the listing isn't one of them. Its missing the bottom stripe above the splitter and also all of the badges should have red backgrounds. Since there are no interior pics it should also have red cobra emblems on the floormats and also red seat inserts.

Hi.

Did the 2007 Shelby GT500 convertible have an option to add stripes - please see below? Also, is this a fair price?

Thank you.

This car did not come with the red stripes on it. Like the previous poster said it is missing stripes and does not have the red emblems. The black/red package was offered after job1 was announced. Get the VIN and check the build date for the car. If it is after 12/1 then it is a job1 car. If not it absolutely did not come with the red stripes.

Hi.

Did the 2007 Shelby GT500 convertible have an option to add stripes - please see below? Also, is this a fair price?

Thank you.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=271837761&dealer_id=63944541&car_year=2007&rdm=1260395799955&lastStartYear=1981&num_records=25&model=MUST&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2007&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&first_record=26&make=FORD&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=85308&advanced=&end_year=2009&pager.offset=25&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=20&standard=false

I know that the early 2007 verts did not have a "LeMans" stripe option. I tried. But the dealer came to me and quoted me $1100 for vinyl OEM, or they would paint them for $800, with almost no edge. I'm glad I did the paint, it came out flawless and the Vista Blue looks about a foot deep on those stripes. This pic doesn't really do it justice.

ShelbyCenterLettering003.jpg

If you're anywhere near Texas, and wanted them, I'd take it to that painter at the dealership I bought my car from. He got the complete stripes with 2mm of the vinyl and almost no edge. I let the car cure for 6 months with some hot sun, then clay barred it, and 4 coats of ICE paste with a buffer and it looked like a completely different car.

This is the car cover sfm mentioned. Although, my early 07 didn't come with one.

Car-Cover-0109.jpg

Car-Cover-Rear-0108.jpg

Hi.

Thank you.

http://www.autotrade...&standard=false

In 2007 they made 297 Red Appearance Package, all of them coupes, 128 white and 169 black. All were produced the last 5 weeks of the run, most of them were made in May. This car is not original.

Archived