TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mods.

Perimeter

I'm Looking into some upgrades for my GT500. What should i do first?? im having a bit up traction problem... and i think the clutch is messing up like the TSB said but i hate fords service so im thinking of replacing the clutch. Any Help for those two problems? Some friends told me upper and lower control arms.

If you go with lowering springs, that will help out a little. The car needs to have a wieght balance between the front and rear. With most of the weight up front, there isn't much in the rear to help out traction. UCA and LCA will help you a bit especially for the wheel hop. Getting some stickier tires will also help. I had my dealer do the clutch TSB and I haven't had any problems. How many miles are on the car and what year is it? If you go the TSB route, you may have to hurry if you have a 07.

Yes i was reading the TSB bulletin on it i thought the synchronizer on my second gear was messed up at first. but sometime i hear hissing even though the clutch is fully disengaged. tommorow morning i wanna do the sycron test. What will it do if it is a TSB problem. I hate for them to tell me its a messed up sycron do to abuse (dont see how) then i gotta pay 1200$ to fix it heck no.

The car has 15k miles and goes out of warrants January 5th :D

Get it in there and get it documented that it is a problem. They will have to order the parts first then you should be able to drop it off when they come in. As long as you have the wheels rolling before the warranty goes out, you should be good. They know it is known problem with these cars so you shouldn't have any grief. If they give you some, go someplace else.

I had the TSB done on my 2007 Vert. It clunked in second gear. Absolutely no hassle, SVT mechanic and I went for a quick test drive, he varified my concerns. He then made a call to Ford, fifteen minutes later the parts went on order. Four days later they started the job. They had the car two and a half days. Hope this helps.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...&pid=838433

Yeah it kinda does Thanks. The reason why i ask is my second gear sycronizer is also messed up. i did the sycronizer test and it grinds going into second only. they said it might not be covered under warranty cause of (abuse) which i dont no how i could abuse it. if i did it through TSB and got other things fixes hopefully they will replace that also as in normal rutine?

If you go with lowering springs, that will help out a little. The car needs to have a wieght balance between the front and rear. With most of the weight up front, there isn't much in the rear to help out traction. UCA and LCA will help you a bit especially for the wheel hop. Getting some stickier tires will also help. I had my dealer do the clutch TSB and I haven't had any problems. How many miles are on the car and what year is it? If you go the TSB route, you may have to hurry if you have a 07.

Power train 5 year or 50,000 on the 2007 Shelby GT 500

Archived