TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tracking your VIN number?

mustanggt500

So at what point does your VIN number start showing up someplace? IE, you get with your dealer, dealer places your order and dealer gets a VIN number. At what point after that does your VIN number start showing up? I mean are certain people or certain organizations able to track that VIN at stages that us common folk cannot?

Using http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...VBP8JS9A5171298 I still keep getting the

We are temporarily unable to retrieve an online window sticker for this vehicle. Please try again later.

If the problem persists, please contact the help desk for this web site.

blurb. Using that above link, at what stage should your car be when you will finaly get some input back? When it first hits the assembly line? When it is almost done on the line? When it is done and moving to SVT or Shelby?

And if I get that when I use the link, are others able to see something more putting my VIN in some other search engine?

Just way over impatient and excited to see some news on it is all, I mean I know I wont get it till end of January when I get home but still, ya know??

Nic

So at what point does your VIN number start showing up someplace? IE, you get with your dealer, dealer places your order and dealer gets a VIN number. At what point after that does your VIN number start showing up? I mean are certain people or certain organizations able to track that VIN at stages that us common folk cannot?

Using http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...VBP8JS9A5171298 I still keep getting the

We are temporarily unable to retrieve an online window sticker for this vehicle. Please try again later.

If the problem persists, please contact the help desk for this web site.

blurb. Using that above link, at what stage should your car be when you will finaly get some input back? When it first hits the assembly line? When it is almost done on the line? When it is done and moving to SVT or Shelby?

And if I get that when I use the link, are others able to see something more putting my VIN in some other search engine?

Just way over impatient and excited to see some news on it is all, I mean I know I wont get it till end of January when I get home but still, ya know??

Nic

I had the VIN for about a month. Sunday morning (Dec 6th) I got the same message you got. Sunday afternoon I tried it and the sticker popped up. Car is supposed to be produced on Thursday the 10th. Now, if anyone can tell me approx how long before it arrives at dealer, I would appreciate it.

I had the VIN for about a month. Sunday morning (Dec 6th) I got the same message you got. Sunday afternoon I tried it and the sticker popped up. Car is supposed to be produced on Thursday the 10th. Now, if anyone can tell me approx how long before it arrives at dealer, I would appreciate it.

I posted this on your thread..Mine took 2 weeks by train to get to Atlanta/Perry from the day it was built.It spent a week in the AAI yard in Mich, 4 days by train, and arrived on weekend,so MM picked it up MOnday,and i got it the next day.If i rcall you got your thru MM right??Call him and he'll fill you in.Knowing him Im surprised he asnt alled you.He puts a rush on the car at the car yard to get it quicker.

I posted this on your thread..Mine took 2 weeks by train to get to Atlanta/Perry from the day it was built.It spent a week in the AAI yard in Mich, 4 days by train, and arrived on weekend,so MM picked it up MOnday,and i got it the next day.If i rcall you got your thru MM right??Call him and he'll fill you in.Knowing him Im surprised he asnt alled you.He puts a rush on the car at the car yard to get it quicker.

Yep, ordered from MM. I'll get in touch with him. Thanx

Now, if anyone can tell me approx how long before it arrives at dealer, I would appreciate it.

Mine spent nearly two weeks on the train.

They were tracking it for my day-by-day and at one point it 'stalled'. It took a couple (three or four?) days to go from MO to KS....

I asked if they were pushing the gawd damn train by hand.

It is what it is.

Phill Pollard

Archived