TEAM SHELBY FORUM

a new picture of my shelby

hrtatack1

i took it out to wipe it down this morning, and parked it on top of the driveway (had to shuffle the other cars around)

i looked at it from the bottom of the driveway and said "damn....thats a picture"

just wanted to share

MVC-073F.jpg

Hi hrtatack1,

Now thats the proper ride hight for this car, awesome pics and congrats. :drool:

i took it out to wipe it down this morning, and parked it on top of the driveway (had to shuffle the other cars around)

i looked at it from the bottom of the driveway and said "damn....thats a picture"

just wanted to share

MVC-073F.jpg

:hyper: Perfect ride height!!! How much do the H&R lower front and rear.............and did you get the front realigned?? I'm waiting for Eibachs new Prokit release for the GT500 which will be out in a month or so and lower 1.3 and 1.4

:hyper: Perfect ride height!!! How much do the H&R lower front and rear.............and did you get the front realigned?? I'm waiting for Eibachs new Prokit release for the GT500 which will be out in a month or so and lower 1.3 and 1.4

did you add a bumpster kit or change the ball joints after lowering it?

never measured ride height

didnt need an alignment...its pin straight

no extra parts needed.

i had eibach progressive rates on my 01..they were great also

Camber will change when lowering a car...and typically toe changes as well. When you say "pin straight", I assume you mean it doesn't pull? The only angle that causes pull is caster. The other two angles may be off, and will affect tire wear if so.

Note: I did over 4,000 alignments during my 5 years as an auto technician.

Dave

CWH,

By the looks of your avatar, if you lower your car any, you will never get it out of the front yard.

grass was 4 to 5" thick in November when that shot was taken. I just wish we could have snow right now so I could quit thinking about driving my car when its 36 to 50 F. outside, it's killing me, either snow or stay above 50 :rant:

CW's avatar says 'An American Legend' does that make him Davy Crockett Boy?

:yup: Yup, I shoot red barron dogs that fly overhead looking for Shelby's :hysterical2:

Camber will change when lowering a car...and typically toe changes as well. When you say "pin straight", I assume you mean it doesn't pull? The only angle that causes pull is caster. The other two angles may be off, and will affect tire wear if so.

Note: I did over 4,000 alignments during my 5 years as an auto technician.

Dave

Dave you’re correct but it really shows up more on a bumpy road when the wheel travels up & down. The car will then have a tendency to drive the driver instead of the driver driving the car when bumpsteer is not addressed.

alloy i checked it on my alignment machine

the specs were close enough to not even mess w/a caster camber kit

Great to hear hrt....nice vehicle.

Do you know the "stock" method of adjusting caster and camber on these cars? Are they adjustable from the factory? If so, then those of you can increase caster for a bit more high speed stability...at the expense of a more difficult to turn steering wheel.

AD

grass was 4 to 5" thick in November when that shot was taken. I just wish we could have snow right now so I could quit thinking about driving my car when its 36 to 50 F. outside, it's killing me, either snow or stay above 50 :rant:

:yup: Yup, I shoot red barron dogs that fly overhead looking for Shelby's :hysterical2:

Dave you’re correct but it really shows up more on a bumpy road when the wheel travels up & down. The car will then have a tendency to drive the driver instead of the driver driving the car when bumpsteer is not addressed.

Yes, bumpsteer is caused by severe toe-in changes when the wheels move up and down. Many trucks in the old days (1980s and earlier) had this issue, but the manufacturers have gotten a lot smarter about this. This is something to check for whenever you modify front suspension geometry.

AD

never measured ride height

didnt need an alignment...its pin straight

no extra parts needed.

i had eibach progressive rates on my 01..they were great also

:idea: Do you have the H&R part # ?? They have a few, their sport is 1"F, .75R, their super sport is 1.4F/1.6 R I believe, and they have others

Archived