TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No more 40ths???

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still listed under present vehicles

http://www.shelbyautos.com/vehicles.asp

but it seems to have disappeared everywhere else

They sure don't seem to be advertising the 40th package anymore. I would bet that if you called them and asked for one they would still do it but I don't know for sure. I do know when they offered the SE package they bumped the price by $3K over the older 40th pricing. I have a feeling the lower price of the 40th package is at least part of the reason. I also figure that they are not getting many calls anymore for the 40th packages anyway so it will just end anyway.

SAI never really got behind the 40ths--only when they were the only package they had. Look in almost any promotional material and you'll see the 40ths woefully lacking. Last car to have promotional items (shirts, jackets, diecast, etc); however, it was the first post title package. They wanted to sell Super Snakes.

Stuart

Is that a good thing for 40th owners? I thought they were slated for 500 total.

SAI never really got behind the 40ths--only when they were the only package they had. Look in almost any promotional material and you'll see the 40ths woefully lacking. Last car to have promotional items (shirts, jackets, diecast, etc); however, it was the first post title package. They wanted to sell Super Snakes.

Stuart

Is that a good thing for 40th owners? I thought they were slated for 500 total.

Duken,

No, I do not think it is.... Originally it was 500, then they said 300, who knows what the real answer is! ROGER????

To be honest, I am disappointed in the way the 40th owners/cars have been treated by SAI--ignored.

Stuart

That's too bad......Not a good reflection on SAI.

Duken,

No, I do not think it is.... Originally it was 500, then they said 300, who knows what the real answer is! ROGER????

To be honest, I am disappointed in the way the 40th owners/cars have been treated by SAI--ignored.

Stuart

This may be true, but they can't deny:

WE were the FIRST! :banvictory:

WE are the RAREST!! :happy feet:

And THE 40TH FAMILY IS THE BEST!!! :party2: :party2: :party2:

SE is a CLONE :beerchug:

SLABO should be our LEADER :bowdown:

What happen to JERZYSTANG? :headscratch:

'Nuf said.

XL0067

This may be true, but they can't deny:

WE were the FIRST! :banvictory:

WE are the RAREST!! :happy feet:

And THE 40TH FAMILY IS THE BEST!!! :party2: :party2: :party2:

SE is a CLONE :beerchug:

SLABO should be our LEADER :bowdown:

What happen to JERZYSTANG? :headscratch:

'Nuf said.

XL0067

+1

Stuart

Stuart,

I just bought Gladys and myself the pit crew jackets (on the left of the screen). The 40th Logo is the only one missing, save for the brand new stuff. They even have tht 40th KR logo, but nothing for the step children in the attic. I did buy one of the new leather 40th Jackets with the CSM number. It will stay with the car.

We need to get a "Team 40th" group shot at the Bash.

Stuart,

I just bought Gladys and myself the pit crew jackets (on the left of the screen). The 40th Logo is the only one missing, save for the brand new stuff. They even have tht 40th KR logo, but nothing for the step children in the attic. I did buy one of the new leather 40th Jackets with the CSM number. It will stay with the car.

That is it, our new slogan "Team 40th the step children of SAI". :hysterical::hysterical2: Definitely need a pic with all 40th owners in front of the cars that can make it! Hey its looking like an exclusive group even if we are forgotten. Do we need T-shirts?

That is it, our new slogan "Team 40th the step children of SAI". :hysterical::hysterical2: Definitely need a pic with all 40th owners in front of the cars that can make it! Hey its looking like an exclusive group even if we are forgotten.

Do we need T-shirts?

Yes, T-shirts for sure.

Ok we need t-shirt ideas. Since we were first, how about this one from "Talladega Nights".

"If you're not first you're last." --- Team 40th

or

Shelby GT500 - $50K

40th Upgrade Package - $12K

Mods, jackets, t-shirts - $5K

Membership in "Team 40th" - Priceless

or

On the back:

Shelby GT500 - $50K

Mods, jackets, t-shirts - $5K

40th Upgrade Package - Priceless

with "Team 40th" on the front

Stuart,

Don,

It's outrageous... I was going to buy one, but I decided against it. See you in Vegas!!

Stuart

Mike Stacy (one of the 40th Anniversary party of 15 held at SAI on November 1, 2007) has a bizarre theory on this. He is of the opinion that being shunned translates to less people knowing about the model, which in turn makes it more valuable because you are in the inner sanctum if you even know of the 40th Anniversary package, which means that only those up on Shelby lore in furture years will be in the know, therefore, they will pay more because they know how valuable this car really is because Shelby never talked about us. As a sidebar, the first 725 SuperSnake power plant (paying customer) was a 40th Anniversary. I know, I've got it. CSMXL070151 is also from the party of 15, i.e., #3.

Stacy's theory is to complicated for me, I flip burgers for a buck to make a living, but I love my car anyway.

Put "Team 40th" on the front. Other options for back:

"40th Anniversary - The true original"

or

"40th Anniversary - Gone but not forgotten"

Count me in on the t-shirt. I had a feeling SLABO would jump in with a good idea. :superhero: I also believe it's time to start our own official 40th club with a once a year gathering at a central location. Not a car show to compete against each other, but a family type picnic with magazine coverage.

We already know that some of our cars have as much star power as any SS and in some cases even more. We can do this and make it work as a real team Shelby 40th club. :drool::peelout:

XL0067

Put "Team 40th" on the front. Other options for back:

"40th Anniversary - The true original"

or

"40th Anniversary - Gone but not forgotten"

Count me in on the t-shirt - and the pic. Though it will be me and Kim without the car...

GT500 40th Anniversary...........all others came second.

I like this one, too.

Mike Stacy (one of the 40th Anniversary party of 15 held at SAI on November 1, 2007) has a bizarre theory on this. He is of the opinion that being shunned translates to less people knowing about the model, which in turn makes it more valuable because you are in the inner sanctum if you even know of the 40th Anniversary package, which means that only those up on Shelby lore in furture years will be in the know, therefore, they will pay more because they know how valuable this car really is because Shelby never talked about us. As a sidebar, the first 725 SuperSnake power plant (paying customer) was a 40th Anniversary. I know, I've got it. CSMXL070151 is also from the party of 15, i.e., #3.

Stacy's theory is to complicated for me, I flip burgers for a buck to make a living, but I love my car anyway.

I like the theory - and it goes with the thoughts we've had all along. SAI was testing the market for post-title mods - and we wanted something more exclusive. The good news - the car will be recognized in the registry - and those familiar will know what it is. An educated Shelby consumer is our customer in the end - not the general public.

Archived