TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone get word when the 2010 wheels will be available?

DubbsFaris

I like them a lot....and I looked at the American Muscle knockoffs, but then I noticed they dont fit the GT500.... :censored:

Im not interested in spending all kinds of money to get them...1500.00 is nuts....unless it gives me about 100 HP.... :hysterical:

I like them a lot....and I looked at the American Muscle knockoffs, but then I noticed they dont fit the GT500.... :censored:

Im not interested in spending all kinds of money to get them...1500.00 is nuts....unless it gives me about 100 HP.... :hysterical:

Hopefully over time they will come down in price like the 07-09 GT500 wheels did. I know my dealers cost was $800 for a wheel.

Hopefully over time they will come down in price like the 07-09 GT500 wheels did. I know my dealers cost was $800 for a wheel.

FWIW, you can get 07-09 GT500 take-off wheels from Shelby at a fraction of new.

Hoods too.

They *were* selling take-off GT500 Superchargers for $499.oo but I'm not sure if they're sold out on them or not.

That's a great deal for somene with a '07-'09 if ya need 'em.

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

FWIW, you can get 07-09 GT500 take-off wheels from Shelby at a fraction of new.

Hoods too.

They *were* selling take-off GT500 Superchargers for $499.oo but I'm not sure if they're sold out on them or not.

That's a great deal for somene with a '07-'09 if ya need 'em.

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

Yeah, except buying 07-09 wheels at 29 bucks would still not change the look of the rims I already have on my car, just give me an identical set of the ones Im not happy with already.... :headscratch: I guess I could buy the takeoff supercharger so the one I took off my car already would have a friend to talk to in the parts-I-dont-want box....then I would be out just 900.00 for the whole shebang with nothing to show for it....thanks for not reading my question though :hysterical:

I do not believe that the knockoffs are forged like the ones that you get from Ford that are stock on the 2010 GT500. Actually, I know for a fact that the knockoffs are not forged; also the main reason why they are so much cheaper.

Umm, okay... :lurk: I did go ahead and spellcheck your response for you since there is nothing else I can do with it....

anyways...I was just wondering if anyone heard when these wheels would be available at Ford racing or another vendor where you dont have to pay the dealership ADM...just to refocus the whole point of this thread.

My dilemna: Love my rims, hate the wussy 9.5" rear size. Don't trust rim widening. I really hope someone makes an 11" rim in the current style with correct backspacing. 285's are a joke on a 540HP car. This car needs 335's.

The reason GT500's get such lame times in magazine tests is traction, Ford needs to address this. If you could actually floor it in 1st gear and go anywhere, GT500 would be doing 4.0 to 60 and 12 flats in the 1/4 right off the floor.

My dilemna: Love my rims, hate the wussy 9.5" rear size. Don't trust rim widening. I really hope someone makes an 11" rim in the current style with correct backspacing. 285's are a joke on a 540HP car. This car needs 335's.

The reason GT500's get such lame times in magazine tests is traction, Ford needs to address this. If you could actually floor it in 1st gear and go anywhere, GT500 would be doing 4.0 to 60 and 12 flats in the 1/4 right off the floor.

I hear you on that. Hooking up in this car with street tires is near impossible.

I hear you on that. Hooking up in this car with street tires is near impossible.

Know what blows? Nitto is realeasing their new NT05 drag radial next year. There are sizes for 19" Z06 rears, 18" GT500 rims, but since ours are so damn new, nothing. It drives me nuts how tires are 16,17,18,20. What? 19 is after 18? Who knew?

They already do that in stock form, actually better in some cases with a great driver

evan smith ran sub 12 sec quarter in stock form

They already do that in stock form, actually better in some cases with a great driver

I hate it when people pull Evan Smith numbers. Only Evan Smith on a full moon in perfect conditions can crack an 11 in a stock GT500 with the F1's.

Well not everyone is Evan Smith. It shouldn't take an awesome driver just to get the car to hookup. It seems some better rubber is required.

Well not everyone is Evan Smith. It shouldn't take an awesome driver just to get the car to hookup. It seems some better rubber is required.

i have brand new ones for sale off my car...call me at 732 539 8002

What makes Evan Smith so special? Does he have magic shoes? Does he weigh 45 lbs. wet? Did the drag strip fairy sprinkle him with fast dust?

If someone can do it, you can do it....dont sell yourselves short...just get out there and let -r- rip! :shift:

mmm208, you got the vert or the coupe? IOW- 18s or 19s?

What makes Evan Smith so special? Does he have magic shoes? Does he weigh 45 lbs. wet? Did the drag strip fairy sprinkle him with fast dust?

If someone can do it, you can do it....dont sell yourselves short...just get out there and let -r- rip! :shift:

mmm208, you got the vert or the coupe? IOW- 18s or 19s?

He's a guy who has a lot of experience.

http://evansmithracing.com/Driver_Profile.shtml

Not all of us have the time or money to go to the track a lot. To get on his level is not something the typical owner will ever do.

He's a guy who has a lot of experience.

http://evansmithracing.com/Driver_Profile.shtml

Not all of us have the time or money to go to the track a lot. To get on his level is not something the typical owner will ever do.

Yeah, a lot of experience sure has paid off for the Mustang Challenge series the last two years, huh?

:hysterical:

Im not pickin fights, I just beleive great driving can come out of people you never suspect, even kids with no practical experience....

If you are looking for stock replica's (cheaper), americanmuscle.com has them advertised in MM&FF. They look the same with a different center cap.

Roger

Yeah, I saw those...but did you notice the fine print? Does NOT fit the GT500...

Archived