TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's wrong in these pics ?

FiaCobra

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner !! Matts is right, no dash plaque !!

Called the dealer and inquired about the car and get this......this car is in fact a KR but, is missing both the dash plaque AND the radiator CSM tag !! Dealer claims it came from SAI this way. I have my doubts.

btw, had the dealer look at the window sticker from SAI and it's car # "CSM 09KR0394"

Thoughts?

:redcard: excuse me, but I can't find any place in the ad that says that this car is a KR - only a GT500

other than the stripe on the car

edit again - the more I look at the car, it does appear to be a KR, but it is not being advertised as one

dh777,

Run the VIN #. It's a KR for sure.

I already contacted Roger and gave him the information. This is something Shelby should be looking into. Perhaps someone swiped the tags in an effort to pass a GT500 off as a KR in the future?

The buyer of that KR SHOULD be given the necessary plaques before purchase.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner !! Matts is right, no dash plaque !!

Called the dealer and inquired about the car and get this......this car is in fact a KR but, is missing both the dash plaque AND the radiator CSM tag !! Dealer claims it came from SAI this way. I have my doubts.

btw, had the dealer look at the window sticker from SAI and it's car # "CSM 09KR0394"

Thoughts?

Just like my dealer told me my KR came with the V6 mustang pony floor mats. These dealers are saving souvenirs from the KRs, and assume no one will never know.

I keep bugging my dealer about the correct mats and get "we're working on it". At least my dash plaque was still there.

I wonder if whomever swiped that plaque is planning a fake KR...

Yup, needs the GT500 KR on the sides to add some spice to life. I find people stare at my side stripes with "KR" defined on my torch red CSM 09KR0354 Shelby.

"Whats KR stand for?" seems to be a common question when I'm in for a pit stop...

Happy riding

Yup, needs the GT500 KR on the sides to add some spice to life. I find people stare at my side stripes with "KR" defined on my torch red CSM 09KR0354 Shelby.

"Whats KR stand for?" seems to be a common question when I'm in for a pit stop...

Happy riding

How many KR's do you own?

Thought you had CSM 09KR0153 ?

Or this one 09KR0453

My records show CSM 09KR0354 is Silver. VIN = 1ZVHT88S295141213

Please let me know if i'm wrong. Trying to put together a database.

How many KR's do you own?

Thought you had CSM 09KR0153 ?

Or this one 09KR0453

My records show CSM 09KR0354 is Silver. VIN = 1ZVHT88S295141213

Please let me know if i'm wrong. Trying to put together a database.

Yep - Sorry, I've got the 09KR0453. I fat fingered it all wrong.

Thanks

Happy riding

King of the Road :shift:

• 3 weeks later...

dh777,

Run the VIN #. It's a KR for sure.

I already contacted Roger and gave him the information. This is something Shelby should be looking into. Perhaps someone swiped the tags in an effort to pass a GT500 off as a KR in the future?

The buyer of that KR SHOULD be given the necessary plaques before purchase.

I was just talking to someone at SAI and we were discussing all the mods that make up a KR, SS, etc. He/she pointed out that although you can buy all of the other items (wheels, door sill plates, etc.) the TWO ITEMS that make a car official are the dash plaque and the underhood plate.

I told him about this KR being discussed with the missing plaque/plate and he seemed to be very concerned about it. He said verifying the car as a real KR isn't a problem as all they have to do is look-up the VIN but the concern was that someone has the original plaque/plate and can pass off a clone as the real thing.

And FWIW, when I mentioned the White SS with the blue stripe it was apparent that SAI was very aware of the car. I was told that it was NOT installed prior to the plate/plaque being applied and that although TASCA Ford may have put the stripe/s on, it was AFTER the sale, not prior to it.

Phill Pollard

So this is a KR & its missing the two plaques HMM.

Yep.

Everything else seems to be there and the window sticker has a CSM number listed. By all information provided (a member actually called the dealer) it IS a true KR.

Minus the dash plaque and hood plate.

See, the problem is, there are fakes out there and if the OE plaque/plate was put on another car and the buyer wasn't educated enough to check the VIN with the Shelby Registry, they'd pay a butt-load more for the car before finding out that "09KR00xxx" already existed and was the REAL "09KR00xxx" car!

I know a guy that made a fake '70 Cuda 429 Hemi vert and was SELLING it as a real car. I know for FACT that it was a fake and I tell people that *someone* is going to kill the guy (The car is a $1.2 millon dollar car).

I tell ya what...if *I* paid $1.2M for a car and found out it was a fake/clone, I'D kill someone over it.

Hopefully, this KR is just a blunder but since every KR made went through SAI in Vegas, there is one person in particular (who shall remain nameless) that really REALLY screwed up.

I mean, would *you* wanna be the guy that had to admit that you missed the dash plaque AND the underhood plate on a KR???

Not this kid....

Phill Pollard

so would that make the car have more value in years to come .just curious

Nope.

Someone swiped the plaques. I'd be afraid to purchase this car knowing my plaques are floating somewhere out there.

I was just talking to someone at SAI and we were discussing all the mods that make up a KR, SS, etc. He/she pointed out that although you can buy all of the other items (wheels, door sill plates, etc.) the TWO ITEMS that make a car official are the dash plaque and the underhood plate.

I told him about this KR being discussed with the missing plaque/plate and he seemed to be very concerned about it. He said verifying the car as a real KR isn't a problem as all they have to do is look-up the VIN but the concern was that someone has the original plaque/plate and can pass off a clone as the real thing.

And FWIW, when I mentioned the White SS with the blue stripe it was apparent that SAI was very aware of the car. I was told that it was NOT installed prior to the plate/plaque being applied and that although TASCA Ford may have put the stripe/s on, it was AFTER the sale, not prior to it.

Phill Pollard

Actually you can not buy the sill plates, wheels and KR hood are not available for sale apart from the complete car. On the missing plates, these absolutely were on the car and are now listed as missing. There are 5 checkpoints for every car. and the badges are a sign-out item before load.......So, someone removed these after it left us

On the Tasca car, our registry does state the owner changed the stripes

Actually you can not buy the sill plates, wheels and KR hood are not available for sale apart from the complete car.

Sure, from Shelby! ;D

Nothing says a private owner can't sell their KR wheels to someone else. Stupid? Yep, at least in my opinion it would be.

In fact, I've read at least a couple of posts on this forum re; buying KR 18" Alcoa's. One just recently.

Like I said, the plate and plaque are what make the car a "true" KR.

Agree or disagree?

Phill Pollard

Hopefully, this KR is just a blunder but since every KR made went through SAI in Vegas, there is one person in particular (who shall remain nameless) that really REALLY screwed up.

I mean, would *you* wanna be the guy that had to admit that you missed the dash plaque AND the underhood plate on a KR???

Not this kid....

Phill Pollard

Phil,

I understand that you went on the tour, but making bold ass statements like this without truly knowing is gonna get yourself in a little bit of trouble. I really doubt that Shelby divulged the employees name who may or may not have missed putting on those critical items. This has happened many times, the plates are stolen at the dealerships. If you were the dealership would you accept the car without these tags? and not contact Shelby?

Just like my dealer told me my KR came with the V6 mustang pony floor mats. These dealers are saving souvenirs from the KRs, and assume no one will never know.

I keep bugging my dealer about the correct mats and get "we're working on it". At least my dash plaque was still there.

I wonder if whomever swiped that plaque is planning a fake KR...

Did you ever get your floor mats I might have a set I would sell.

Archived