TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nice Day For A Motorcycle Ride

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I went for a motorcycle ride with My Dad and his wife. They both have Harleys, and so do I. It was special because my dad has been sick and unable to ride his bike for 7 months due to kidney disease. The drugs he had been on, made him real sick. He is better, and recovering. My son came with us too and he really loves to eat the hotdogs and Chili at the Harley Davidson shop.

Here are a few photos from todays little ride.

post-8344-1179029549_thumb.jpg

Today I went for a motorcycle ride with My Dad and his wife. They both have Harleys, and so do I. It was special because my dad has been sick and unable to ride his bike for 7 months due to kidney disease. The drugs he had been on, made him real sick. He is better, and recovering. My son came with us too and he really loves to eat the hotdogs and Chili at the Harley Davidson shop.

Here are a few photos from todays little ride.

Grabber,

Hope your Dad gets better soon, nothing like some wind in your face to lift spirits. I am on my local dealers list for a 2008 Shelby, can't wait. In the meantime, I'm getting as much seat time as possible on my Harley as summer is short in Canada!

Ride Safe.

Grabber,

Hope your Dad gets better soon, nothing like some wind in your face to lift spirits. I am on my local dealers list for a 2008 Shelby, can't wait. In the meantime, I'm getting as much seat time as possible on my Harley as summer is short in Canada!

Ride Safe.

Welcome to the Forum 2008SHELBY,

Nice looking Harley. They sure are fun in the nice weather. Today was a very overcast day here and it started raining at 6pm. However we have had 6 dry days in a row and I expect the sun to come out a bit tomorrow. Once you get your Shelby, you will have to pick and choose which ride to take out. Lately my Shelby wins that debate. I have had mine 8-1/2 weeks and have been enjoying it very much.

I hope it all works out for you on your dealers list. If you need any help around here...just ask. Lots of good people here to help you with questions. Hang in there.

It has been over twenty years since I sold my Harley. I drool over the V-Rod everytime I see one. I have been down to the dealer half a dozen times in the last year. I don't know if I can stand the temptation much longer. It's going to get miserable hot here soon so maybe I am saved till this fall. :headspin:

Guest markham51
And for 07 it comes with a 5 gallon tank so you don't have to stop at every pump. Cool bikes, don't leak oil, and you don't have to carry a toolkit as they just don't break. I prefer the VRSCDX version, just looks bad

vrscdx.JPG

I have one of these on order. It arrives in 2 weeks. I ordered it with a brake upgrade so I wouldn't kill myself.....Cant wait to get it out.....

Hey Grabber Bike looks awesome....everytime I read this forum I find out something new about

some of the members..good to know that you ride..I ride a 02 Road King with a numbered paint

set from Harley.. Blue with Silver Trible Flames..rode it to the 100th anniversary in 2003.

Here's mine at some famous hotel in New Hampshire..... I think. Can't remember the name of the hotel though

Nice looking bike Kaylan. Looks like we have alot of riders here on stangsunleashed.

Hey Grabber Bike looks awesome....everytime I read this forum I find out something new about

some of the members..good to know that you ride..I ride a 02 Road King with a numbered paint

set from Harley.. Blue with Silver Trible Flames..rode it to the 100th anniversary in 2003.

Can you post a photo of that bike, I would love to see it. :happy feet:

Mine is Rich Sunglow Blue. They only offered that color one year only. Mine is a 2006 that I got in Aug. of 2005.

Grabber - looking good!! While I don't have pics handy I have a Honda CBR1000RR (where the tag 'HotLap" came from) and a CRF 450X for the dirt. Haven't had much time to ride either lately - too busy with work, moving, etc. I may put the CBR on the market soon as I haven't ridden it in sevaral months now and you really need to ride more often to keep your skills sharp. Getting into my late 40's and may "settle down" with more of a sport touring kind of ride. Will keep the dirt bike though, great way to spend time with my brother and 10 year old nephew :D

Grabber - looking good!! While I don't have pics handy I have a Honda CBR1000RR (where the tag 'HotLap" came from) and a CRF 450X for the dirt. Haven't had much time to ride either lately - too busy with work, moving, etc. I may put the CBR on the market soon as I haven't ridden it in sevaral months now and you really need to ride more often to keep your skills sharp. Getting into my late 40's and may "settle down" with more of a sport touring kind of ride. Will keep the dirt bike though, great way to spend time with my brother and 10 year old nephew :D

If your thinking of a sport touring bike...get a Road King. :shift:

If your thinking of a sport touring bike...get a Road King. :shift:

Really - I thought the Road King was more of a long-distance hauler...is it a bagger?:headscratch

Seriously, if I was to go the Harley route - I'd like the V-Rod....that's one SWEET ride :yup: : my neighbor who is a LEO has one and it is sharp. He's been modding the engine...I could see throwing a set of saddle bags over that bike and taking off into the sunset :banana piano:

Really - I thought the Road King was more of a long-distance hauler...is it a bagger?:headscratch

Seriously, if I was to go the Harley route - I'd like the V-Rod....that's one SWEET ride :yup: : my neighbor who is a LEO has one and it is sharp. He's been modding the engine...I could see throwing a set of saddle bags over that bike and taking off into the sunset :banana piano:

Dude....you said you were over 40 and a long distance ride was in your future. The road king is a comfortable bike. I have a Stage 1 kit and a power commander on mine with Screamin Eagle tail pipes on it. Had it tuned on the Dyno too. It goes as fast as I want a bike to go.

I love it.

Dude....you said you were over 40 and a long distance ride was in your future. The road king is a comfortable bike. I have a Stage 1 kit and a power commander on mine with Screamin Eagle tail pipes on it. Had it tuned on the Dyno too. It goes as fast as I want a bike to go.

I love it.

Grabber no offense meant to the grandpa bikes :hysterical2::hysterical2: Cool down there now -I'm just having fun with you - as a matter of fact that Vista Blue Harley is looking sweeeet :P

Seriously, obviously you have knowledge of Harley's and never having owned one - what do you hear about the V-Rod?

I'm kinda thinking I should don my flame suit about now :D

Grabber no offense meant to the grandpa bikes :hysterical2::hysterical2: Cool down there now -I'm just having fun with you - as a matter of fact that Vista Blue Harley is looking sweeeet :P

Seriously, obviously you have knowledge of Harley's and never having owned one - what do you hear about the V-Rod?

I'm kinda thinking I should don my flame suit about now :D

I was admiring this one the other day. I see nothing wrong with them. I just like the cruzers.

I was admiring this one the other day. I see nothing wrong with them. I just like the cruzers.

Whoa...now that's what I'm talking about!!! Sweeet, Grabber you'd better stop or you're gonna have me buying a Harley next :burnout: That is one nice looking V-Rod

It has been over twenty years since I sold my Harley. I drool over the V-Rod everytime I see one. I have been down to the dealer half a dozen times in the last year. I don't know if I can stand the temptation much longer. It's going to get miserable hot here soon so maybe I am saved till this fall. :headspin:

Hey Carnut - check out the older model with the STEEL seat...you can have that one - if you can get it away from Grabber that is :P

I love it.

You know Grabber on a bit saner note - bikes are pretty cool. I have owned bikes since my high school days and just can't seem to stay away from them...it really doesn't matter what you ride, just that you enjoy riding! That's why I'm thinking of selling the CBR - it's a great bike and when I'm riding it on a consistent basis and "in the groove" there's nothing like the adreline rush of a run thorugh the twistys (IMO) but it is too single purpose for me! Motorcycling to me is not just the twistys but also those longer trips out in nature, with a couple of friends away from people and cars....now that's what living is all about ;) I remember a Yosemite trip a fellow rider and I took several years back - it was great getting out and seeing all that nature has to offer. Spectacular viewing, great riding - just overall fun!

You know Grabber on a bit saner note - bikes are pretty cool. I have owned bikes since my high school days and just can't seem to stay away from them...it really doesn't matter what you ride, just that you enjoy riding! That's why I'm thinking of selling the CBR - it's a great bike and when I'm riding it on a consistent basis and "in the groove" there's nothing like the adreline rush of a run thorugh the twistys (IMO) but it is too single purpose for me! Motorcycling to me is not just the twistys but also those longer trips out in nature, with a couple of friends away from people and cars....now that's what living is all about ;) I remember a Yosemite trip a fellow rider and I took several years back - it was great getting out and seeing all that nature has to offer. Spectacular viewing, great riding - just overall fun!

My Dad and Brother ride too. I enjoy getting together with them on occaision. I love riding up the Columbia Gorge. It is beautiful.

My Dad and Brother ride too. I enjoy getting together with them on occaision. I love riding up the Columbia Gorge. It is beautiful.

Those pics say it better than I could ever express in words...nice!! Which rider is you, or are you taking the pic?

Those pics say it better than I could ever express in words...nice!! Which rider is you, or are you taking the pic?

I am the old fart in the Grabber Orange T-Shirt and my Dad is in the middle and my Brother is far Left. The photo is taken at Crown Point. The falls are up the street. This place is about 40 minutes from my house.

I am the old fart in the Grabber Orange T-Shirt and my Dad is in the middle and my Brother is far Left. The photo is taken at Crown Point. The falls are up the street. This place is about 40 minutes from my house.

Sweet pic...I thought that might be you in the GO tee! Now go DRIVE that SHELBY (wow I got to say it again) before the weather turns on you!!

While the rest of us wait for ours to arrive :waiting::waiting:

• 1 month later...

Today my father came over on his Harley Davidson and we went for a ride down to the local Harley Davidson shop to hang out and look at bikes and meet some folks and eat lunch. His health has improved enough to allow him to ride again. :) Tana took a couple pic's of us in the driveway before we left.

Archived