TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nice Day For A Motorcycle Ride

Today was a dry day in the Pacific NW so I had to take advantage of it and get my Harley out and ride. I went down to the local Harley Shop for the Chili & dog cook off that they do every Sat. Rain or shine. Saw some friends that I have not seen in along time. My bike has not been fired up in 2 months due to weather.

Heres a couple of shots of me on my bike today after I got back from the ride. Lets see yours.

This made my Birthday extra Fun today, I must say.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just sold mine (1999 Fatboy) this past summer for a few different reasons.

1) To help towards Shelby purchase.

2) 52 years old now and decided to go with 4 wheels from here on out.

3) Too many "air heads" on cell phones killing bikers by not paying attention.

I trim it off every 2 weeks at least.

I never use to use sun screen untill I found out I had melanoma cancer this summer. It is a good idea to wear a hat or use sunscreen. I know you don't want to hear it, but it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Still doesn't tell you anything does it lol

No, I am not picking up your hidden message. :backtotopic: Lets talk about Bikes on this thread you Highjacker. Check out this bad boy. I saw it at "Loves Leathers" on my way home today.

Jim,

Those bikes are cool and if I win the lottery, I would get one. Today I saw a pretty cool bike that I was parked next to at Love leathers. My bike is the blue one in the background. The Black one in the photos is right up my alley.

Would this be the right thread to announce that I've been all over my husband's hindparts trying to get him to buy a Hayabusa for *us*? :happy feet:

He's more into choppers, a la Russell Mitchell of Exile. At this point, I think I'd settle for anything on two wheels just to change things up a little. :)

Would this be the right thread to announce that I've been all over my husband's hindparts trying to get him to buy a Hayabusa for *us*? :happy feet:

He's more into choppers, a la Russell Mitchell of Exile. At this point, I think I'd settle for anything on two wheels just to change things up a little. :)

This is the official Biker Dud / Chick Thread, so yes you are in the right place. Here one that would fit the two of you. That is 1 of 50 made.

Evil,

Heres another cool one.

How about a turbo Hayabusa??!! :drop::ohsnap: :wacko: :eek5:

YouTube - Turbo Hayabusa

How about a, uh, "happy" medium? The right V-Rod can be modded enough to give him his jollies while maintaining a reasonable level of performance. Do you REALLY want your butt perched up there on the back of a 'Busa while you're laying down on his back to get out of the direct air blast? V-Rods can also be purchased at reasonable prices as they were never accepted by H-D loyalists and weren't even a consideration by the crotch-rocket crowd. I've owned and raced over 35 bikes in my 50+ years and can tell you that neither a "chopper" nor a race replica are the way to go if you're looking to do something enjoyable together.

BTW-My last H-D was a 2003 100th FatBoy that I SWORE would be the last bike I bought. Heritage....timeless...you know, all that stuff.

I'd had it about 6 months when I got re-married. My wife wanted to ride with me but didn't feel comfortable or safe on a pillion/perch/etc. We now take reaaallly long rides on an '05 GoldWing (my 3rd Wing throughout the years). SHE'S planning our summer trip to New England on the bike. Compromise can be a great thing.

bj

And for 07 it comes with a 5 gallon tank so you don't have to stop at every pump. Cool bikes, don't leak oil, and you don't have to carry a toolkit as they just don't break. I prefer the VRSCDX version, just looks bad

post-5616-1167670209_thumb.jpg

That does look sweet. What bike do you have Mr. Fly ?

Ok guys............I'm *really* liking this V-rod. That VRSCR looks HOT!

Truthfully, the idea of having my rear perched up on a tiny seat doesn't bother me at all. Furthermore, lying against his back and being blasted by air sounds pretty darn sexy! :hysterical:

I dunno what we'll end up with. But right now, the one Fly posted is something we *both* like. :)

The VRSCR is a bit of a crossover as it has a higher seating position than the other V-Rods, and mid controls vs the normal forward controls on the other V-Rods. The VRSCR has more sporting intentions and is better if you still like the twisties as opposed to just cruising. The VRSCR is still not a "sport bike" but that wasn't what I was after, nor did I want a traditional cruiser. There are plenty of addons available from performance (superchargers, turbos, etc) to comfort that you can customize the bikes any way you prefer and an absolutely huge owners forum at 1130cc.com This would be worth checking out before you decide on what bike.

I think the Discovery Channel is airing "Birth of the V-Rod" a number of times this month and is an interesting watch to give you some history of the development of both the bike and the engine in conjunction with Porsche.

• 3 months later...

Archived