TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TCS?

wickedstangs

What does the TCS feel like when it kicks in? Is it that shuddering that I feel or is that the wheel hop? My car is stone stock and I get this stuttering, shuddering, side-stepping bounce every now and then (more when the temps are low) and I don't know if it's wheel hop or tcs?

What does the TCS feel like when it kicks in? Is it that shuddering that I feel or is that the wheel hop? My car is stone stock and I get this stuttering, shuddering, side-stepping bounce every now and then (more when the temps are low) and I don't know if it's wheel hop or tcs?

When its cool out it definately is wheel hop.

You'll fell all power to the rear wheels drop of and your in-gauge display will say "TRAC CONTROL ACTIVE"

My TCS works...as my tires spin for about 1 second - then power drops like it is runnin out of gas, then slowly comes back up.

I could only spin the tires in the first 3 gears for a second each, have to try it without the TCS next.

Only thing I can find on it:)

In our first blast around the autocross course, we actually kept the traction control "on". We know, we're lame... but as we're used to front-drive vehicles, we didn't want to spin out and embarrass ourselves in front of all of the Ford people. However, even with the traction control (TCS) on, we were able to get a nice controlled burnout upon starting and we were even able to use the throttle to get the back end to step out. The Ford test driver we spoke with said that the Shelby GT500 was tuned to give enthusiasts what they wanted -- even if the TCS was turned on. Nice.

We then made a few more runs around the course with the TCS off, and surprisingly, we didn't spin out. The Shelby GT500 was just as smooth with no traction aids -- just as long as we were smooth with the throttle. We did come into one corner a little too hot, but the car actually made a smooth transition into understeer, rather than the snap-oversteer we were expecting.

692RWHP leaves no room for TCS. Even with Nittos555R still spinning. now that my speed limiter is increased to 20% over, I have reached 175, but backed off because the Shelby wanted take flight instead of staying on the pavement. Scared the crap out of me, so now I know why there is a speed limiter on these cars. The engineers at Ford were right for a change (car is not aerodyamically stable after 170mph). For all the haters, this was performed on a controlled trac that I paid to run on for people that want to see what their cars are capable of.

692RWHP leaves no room for TCS. Even with Nittos555R still spinning. now that my speed limiter is increased to 20% over, I have reached 175, but backed off because the Shelby wanted take flight instead of staying on the pavement. Scared the crap out of me, so now I know why there is a speed limiter on these cars. The engineers at Ford were right for a change (car is not aerodyamically stable after 170mph). For all the haters, this was performed on a controlled trac that I paid to run on for people that want to see what their cars are capable of.

175 OMG :o I bet she was very touchy at that speed.

My TCS works...as my tires spin for about 1 second - then power drops like it is runnin out of gas, then slowly comes back up.

I could only spin the tires in the first 3 gears for a second each, have to try it without the TCS next.

Yup that's what mine does. Kind of "scratches" and then bogs down.

Keep in mind too folks... it's *not* a good idea to dump the clutch with the TCS on. :nonono:

You'll fell all power to the rear wheels drop of and your in-gauge display will say "TRAC CONTROL ACTIVE"

Hey, haven't seen you around. How did the repairs come out on your car? What was the final verdict? Did you pay yourself or go through insurance?

What is the Traction Control for? With my 04 Cobra if I left it on, I could not do a burn out without the car turning off:) Now with the SHELBY I can roast the tires with or without it?

Everything I read early on stated that the "Traction Control" functioned by applying the rear brakes to stop the spinning resulting in increased brake wear in the rear. My '07' TCS does work as I've read and as a result I almost always turn it off when I head out for a cruise. I can neither confirm or deny how it's actually working but I can confirm that my TCS works.

Archived