TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Dodge Addition To Carroll's Car Collection

shelbymotorsports

Twobjshelbys CSX-T post the other day reminded me that I haven't annoinced the latest addition to Carroll's personal car collection.

A year or so ago, more likely closer to two years, Carroll asked me to find him a nice 1986 Shelby GLHS for his collection. Although Carroll already has GLHS #001 he wanted another one due to #001 being so heavily modified with the Hans Hermann 16v head. I thought that was an excellent idea to have a more original GLHS for history's sake in his collection.

During this time I would keep Carroll informed with what I was finding and we would talk about each one and decide if it was the one to buy. We even discussed the Gessewin cars and the idea of restoring a rust free SoCal one from the ground up.

Anyway fast forward to this past summer/fall. Everything aligned just right with as close to perfect car available so I made the deal on Carroll's behalf. It took awhile to get the car to Gardena but it arrived and Carroll was happy. Whew!!! Nothing like spending someones money and hoping its what they want.

There are a few minor details that I'll probably fix/correct on the car but it really needs nothing. Take a look at the pics below. It looks even better in person.

Driving the car is a treat. Everythings tight and still connected. It's almost like driving a different car compared to one with many more miles. I forgot to check the a/c. I have a supply of R-12 freon stashed away so if it needs topping off that will be no problem.

Some of you are probably wanting to know the vin #, the dash number and the mileage. For now I'll keep that private out of respect to Mr. Shelby. But hey if any of the Dodge guys attending the LA to Vegas run part of the January bash want to jot this info down I sure can't stop you.

Here are a few pics. And don't ask me why but I thought it might be funny to park the little "shit box" next to Carroll's CXT truck. For the Ford folks, that derogatory name is what Carroll has called the Omni cars many times over the years. Its to be taken in an endearing way.

Steve

CarrollsGLHS1.jpg

CarrollsGLHS2.jpg

CarrollsGLHS3.jpg

CarrollsGLHS1.jpg

CarrollsGLHS2.jpg

CarrollsGLHS3.jpg

Once again, another post in the Shelby Dodge forum did not pop up for me when I click 'View New Posts' :censored:

Steve, are you sure those aren't original press photos of that S car? Showroom fresh !:drool: Glad you found a premium example for the collection, and I'm also glad it wasn't the one I was negotiating on :spend:

Alan

Twobjshelbys CSX-T post the other day reminded me that I haven't annoinced the latest addition to Carroll's personal car collection.

A year or so ago, more likely closer to two years, Carroll asked me to find him a nice 1986 Shelby GLHS for his collection. Although Carroll already has GLHS #001 he wanted another one due to #001 being so heavily modified with the Hans Hermann 16v head. I thought that was an excellent idea to have a more original GLHS for history's sake in his collection.

During this time I would keep Carroll informed with what I was finding and we would talk about each one and decide if it was the one to buy. We even discussed the Gessewin cars and the idea of restoring a rust free SoCal one from the ground up.

Anyway fast forward to this past summer/fall. Everything aligned just right with as close to perfect car available so I made the deal on Carroll's behalf. It took awhile to get the car to Gardena but it arrived and Carroll was happy. Whew!!! Nothing like spending someones money and hoping its what they want.

There are a few minor details that I'll probably fix/correct on the car but it really needs nothing. Take a look at the pics below. It looks even better in person.

Driving the car is a treat. Everythings tight and still connected. It's almost like driving a different car compared to one with many more miles. I forgot to check the a/c. I have a supply of R-12 freon stashed away so if it needs topping off that will be no problem.

Some of you are probably wanting to know the vin #, the dash number and the mileage. For now I'll keep that private out of respect to Mr. Shelby. But hey if any of the Dodge guys attending the LA to Vegas run part of the January bash want to jot this info down I sure can't stop you.

Here are a few pics. And don't ask me why but I thought it might be funny to park the little "shit box" next to Carroll's CXT truck. For the Ford folks, that derogatory name is what Carroll has called the Omni cars many times over the years. Its to be taken in an endearing way.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Congrats to Carroll and Team Shelby (you) on your new purchase.

As you know this car was to be in my garage but I thought I had second thoughts about possessing such a low milage pristine car...I thought it would be better suited with the Shelby Team to preserve it and give it the attention / recognition it deserves. I'm glad it represented all the pictures I sent and I know you pulled out all the stops in getting this car back to Carroll.

All the best and Happy Holidays!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Steve,

Congrats to Carroll and Team Shelby (you) on your new purchase.

As you know this car was to be in my garage but I thought I had second thoughts about possessing such a low milage pristine car...I thought it would be better suited with the Shelby Team to preserve it and give it the attention / recognition it deserves. I'm glad it represented all the pictures I sent and I know you pulled out all the stops in getting this car back to Carroll.

All the best and Happy Holidays!

Mike

Mike

Somehow missed your post, must have come in when the site was being converted over.

Yes it arrived just fine and Carroll is pleased with it. I drove it and it runs great. My goal is to get AmyB to take it out for a spin as she still wonders at times about those Dodge cars or better yet I know she'll always wonder about the Dodge guys. She does have love for all Shelby's no matter what powers them.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Not only is this car a beautiful survivor, but I am even more impressed that Carroll would want another 86 GLHS, one that was bone stock, because this further confirms his true love of these cars (not that I personally ever had a doubt) in their original pristine condition.

All I can say is great score, and please: MORE PICTURES please. (engine bay and interior).

• 11 months later...

Archived