TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe Delete Option

darksnake

On my 2008 Shelby Window Sticker under Optional Equipment...there is..."Tape Stripe Delete", then "Over the Top Stripe Delete" What is the Tape Stripe? Rocker Side Strip?

On my 2008 Shelby Window Sticker under Optional Equipment...there is..."Tape Stripe Delete", then "Over the Top Stripe Delete" What is the Tape Stripe? Rocker Side Strip?

If your window stickers indicates "Tape Stripe Delete" and "Over the Top Stripe Delete," that means that there were no stripes delivered at all on your vehicle. "Tape Stripe Delete" refers to the rocker side stripes, and "Over the Top Stripe Delete" refers to the over-the-top stripes. Also, your window sticker should not have indicated any stripe color (vehicles that have "Over the Top Stripe Delete" but NOT the "Tape Stripe Delete" option will show a color, for example, "SHELBY SILVER TAPE STRIPE," to indicate the color of the side rocker stripes).

Hope this helps!

Hey Snappy, welcome aboard....to answer your question, our GT500s come with the over the top stripes and side stripes on our cars that you should be familiar with looking at your typical pics of a GT500.

If your window sticker is accurate, (and your car has no stripes) your car was ordered from the factory without stripes, or what we call stripe delete here...this is a rare option, and one I planned on doing if I didnt go with the red stripe package. My plan was to simply add the stripes of my choice onto my car...my intention was to do black on black, which wasnt available until the next year model car. (I had also considered Blue stripes on black)

If your car has stripes, more than likely your dealer added them after they received the car....which is great for you! You get the rare build with the stripes anyway....

Hey Snappy, welcome aboard....to answer your question, our GT500s come with the over the top stripes and side stripes on our cars that you should be familiar with looking at your typical pics of a GT500.

If your window sticker is accurate, (and your car has no stripes) your car was ordered from the factory without stripes, or what we call stripe delete here...this is a rare option, and one I planned on doing if I didnt go with the red stripe package. My plan was to simply add the stripes of my choice onto my car...my intention was to do black on black, which wasnt available until the next year model car. (I had also considered Blue stripes on black)

If your car has stripes, more than likely your dealer added them after they received the car....which is great for you! You get the rare build with the stripes anyway....

THX GUYS....This helps alot and answers all my quuestions. She was ordered with no stripes. Now it has the Shelby issue Satin Rocker Strip, and Shelby issue 9" Blk top stripe...great cool and one of a kind for the many MCA Car shows we attend.

BUT, the front & rear fenders and rear were never done, deleted. I'm tring to get Ford dealer I bought car from to come up with those as a Christmas present to me...good luck huh? If they don't, is there an reasonable avenue to purchase these, beside the un goddly price Ford whats. How about one of you guys who work for Shelby, or has an in with them??

THX GUYS....This helps alot and answers all my quuestions. She was ordered with no stripes. Now it has the Shelby issue Satin Rocker Strip, and Shelby issue 9" Blk top stripe...great cool and one of a kind for the many MCA Car shows we attend.

BUT, the front & rear fenders and rear were never done, deleted. I'm tring to get Ford dealer I bought car from to come up with those as a Christmas present to me...good luck huh? If they don't, is there an reasonable avenue to purchase these, beside the un goddly price Ford whats. How about one of you guys who work for Shelby, or has an in with them??

Yup, just PM me and I'll get you the best guy around here....I wonder if the hood might have been replaced.... :headscratch:

Hey, Dubbs...I'm sitting in a hotel room with nothing to do but lurk on these forums! :happy feet:

I hear ya...there is no fun in being away from home.....unless you have a Shelby with you... :shift: :happy feet:

I hear ya...there is no fun in being away from home.....unless you have a Shelby with you... :shift: :happy feet:

It's even worse this time - away from my wife, away from my Shelby...and my Handling Pack, LCAs, and adjustable Panhard were delivered today. There are now 7 boxes full of goodness sitting in my living room, just begging to be opened, drooled over, and installed! :cry:

Archived