TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Glass Top Shelby

gradona

After reading up on it it apparently is etched in. It was sold at barrett jackson and there is something about it on theer somewhere. I had seen it about a year ago cuz i was htinkin about doin it aftermarket to mine.

Obviously its a structrual thing because of the extra HP. Same reason the Z06 corvette does not come with a removable top like the regular C6 has. That and the Z06 has an alumnium chassis. But its a structral issue.

Wasn't that Mr. Shelby's KR that was auctioned at Barrett -Jackson.

It was one of the first KRs sold and the only one I know of that had the 20's instead of the 18's. Ron Pratt paid a pretty penny for it too $605K

http://www.mustangblog.com/blog/1017579_fi...0-to-ron-pratte

Yep...love it! :happy feet:

We just drove it home from Alabama two weeks ago. It was a pleasure doing business with Mike, and the car is...well...perfect!

Congrats!! I tried getting a buddy of mine to buy it, but he refuses to buy "used". They did an awesome job with it, enoy it :shift: I will get CDC Glasstop installed in the future, so you won't be the only one with it :hysterical: . I would of got this fall , but had some minor issues creep up that soaked up my cash :cry: . My brother has an 09 GT, same color as my GT500. He has the factory Glasstop and its awesome, what a :censored: , he bought after he saw my GT500 :banghead:

Anyway ENJOY!!!

I would imagine she probably has a garage full of one off items that are WAY cooler than a signed dash...but thats just a guess. :lurk:

I agree, I just thought that was a little unusual to see a naked air bag cover on the SAI president's car.

Yep, that was a concern. So far, with the tinted glass, and the perforated vinyl, there is very little heat transfer. It sure makes the car more rigid, as well as quieter on the interior.

I also heard that from others. Glass doesn't give like the metal roof.

Archived