TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Newbie in WI

Papa2

Hi all!

It's time I stop in and meet you guys and gals. I'm probably one of the older guys in here and that's ok. I've had my share of hipo Fords over the almost 40 years I've been driving. In the late '70's I owned SFM6S2174. It is a '66 Shelby GT 350 that I bought from a guy in Barrington IL. The car is in the Shelby Registry and I sold it to someone in Bolingbrook IL around 1980. I wonder who has it now? I also have owned 4 Boss 302's (1 1969 and 3 1970's) and a couple of '66 289 K Mustangs and a really rare 1965 Fairlane Sport Coupe K car with an automatic. How many of those did Ford make?

Currently, I had a '07 GT500 (Black/titanium stripes) that I bought on ebay from someone in the San Antonio TX area. Had that car for about a year. It was going to need the TSB and my dealer up here said no. Rather than fight, I bought a new '09 GT500, red and white stripes with a November built date. I've put the Eibach Pro suspension on it, the FRPP (Roush) blower upgrade, the FRPP Axle backs and a tune for a dyno sheet of 607RWHP and 611 Torque. I plan on doing a little bit more and then just enjoy it. This fall I did a road trip to Colorado with a buddy and had a blast. The car got 23MPG too. Gas guzzler tax sucks!

That's a little bit about me. I am currently looking for a Shelby GTC. Also want to do a Mustang track car. Been looking at the Roush 427R Trak Pak cars. Hope to do Road America and Brainerd tracks this summer.

Hi all!

It's time I stop in and meet you guys and gals. I'm probably one of the older guys in here and that's ok. I've had my share of hipo Fords over the almost 40 years I've been driving. In the late '70's I owned SFM6S2174. It is a '66 Shelby GT 350 that I bought from a guy in Barrington IL. The car is in the Shelby Registry and I sold it to someone in Bolingbrook IL around 1980. I wonder who has it now? I also have owned 4 Boss 302's (1 1969 and 3 1970's) and a couple of '66 289 K Mustangs and a really rare 1965 Fairlane Sport Coupe K car with an automatic. How many of those did Ford make?

Currently, I had a '07 GT500 (Black/titanium stripes) that I bought on ebay from someone in the San Antonio TX area. Had that car for about a year. It was going to need the TSB and my dealer up here said no. Rather than fight, I bought a new '09 GT500, red and white stripes with a November built date. I've put the Eibach Pro suspension on it, the FRPP (Roush) blower upgrade, the FRPP Axle backs and a tune for a dyno sheet of 607RWHP and 611 Torque. I plan on doing a little bit more and then just enjoy it. This fall I did a road trip to Colorado with a buddy and had a blast. The car got 23MPG too. Gas guzzler tax sucks!

That's a little bit about me. I am currently looking for a Shelby GTC. Also want to do a Mustang track car. Been looking at the Roush 427R Trak Pak cars. Hope to do Road America and Brainerd tracks this summer.

Congrats on your new GT500! Which part of Wisconsin are you located. There are plenty of us all around the state. Plenty of SVT guys in my area "Milwaukee" that do roadracing!

Did we meet at Griffen Ford this summer? I think I had my red 07 coupe that day?

Steve

Congrats on your new GT500! Which part of Wisconsin are you located. There are plenty of us all around the state. Plenty of SVT guys in my area "Milwaukee" that do roadracing!

Did we meet at Griffen Ford this summer? I think I had my red 07 coupe that day?

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm in Hayward. There are 4 GT500's up here in town. I used to live in northern IL and did the track day with the Northwoods Shelby club with my '66 GT350. I'm wanting to that again.

Tim

Hi Steve,

I'm in Hayward. There are 4 GT500's up here in town. I used to live in northern IL and did the track day with the Northwoods Shelby club with my '66 GT350. I'm wanting to that again.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Maybe we will meet at Road America sometime? I would really like to go this next year. Too bad winter's here but I'm looking forward to this next summer. I'm going to try and get away from the shop a little more.

Steve

Hi all!

I am currently looking for a Shelby GTC. Also want to do a Mustang track car. Been looking at the Roush 427R Trak Pak cars. Hope to do Road America and Brainerd tracks this summer.

Welcome to Team Shelby. That GT-C that you are looking for would make one nice track car, lot nicer then the Roush. Buy it and have it transformed to a SGT/SR, and you will have yourself a very badass track car. two birds, one stone.

Chris

Edit: You need not look for the SGT-C any longer, Send Michael Morris (MM) a private message here on Team Shelby, he can get you the car you are looking for.

Hi Tim,

Maybe we will meet at Road America sometime? I would really like to go this next year. Too bad winter's here but I'm looking forward to this next summer. I'm going to try and get away from the shop a little more.

Steve

Yada yada yada :( Yea, Im sure you'll show up this year :hysterical:

Steve, You better! This is the 35th year at RA. Tim, I also ran RA last year at the NWSC. And I will be this year also. We hape to have a great event this year. Stay tuned for details

Hi all!

I bet I am older at 72

bought a new 1966 shelby gt350 fast back in milw first one delivered in milw.Marron loved it but family came first sold it in 1 hour

now back to a 350 shelby gth

waiting for spring maybe will see you up north in summer 2010

don

Yada yada yada :( Yea, Im sure you'll show up this year :hysterical:

Steve, You better! This is the 35th year at RA. Tim, I also ran RA last year at the NWSC. And I will be this year also. We hape to have a great event this year. Stay tuned for details

He! He!, this year I will make it. Keep me updated on when so I can plan ahead!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Don, you got me beat by 16. I plan on being at RA next year. Hopefully it's not on the EAA Fly-in date in Oshkosh. See ya in the forums. :happy feet:

RA should be announced sometime in the Jan Feb timeframe. I still expect it to be in the 2nd or 3rd weekend of Aug.

Hi Steve,

Tim

congrats. steve is one of the best guys that i have met on ts; only looking to help out the gt500 bunch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey...Where in WI. do you live? I'm NW area near the border of St.Paul,MN. in Prescott! What mufflers are you running...I put KR mufflers on and I'm very happy and a stage II kit and 373 rear end gears way better going to any summer shows? Let me know!

Archived