TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Under Warrant?

ACCLERCR

Guys,

Real quick question here...last night I noticed a few paint chips on my passenger side door - the front part of the door, where the gap is (to the right front fender). There are a few 3-5 mm chips that are appearing white. It puzzles me how these even got in this spot as they are in a pretty-protected area...I can understand if they were right behind the tires and I spit some rocks into it, but this spot is strange.

Is this covered under warranty? If so, would they just touch it up?

Is the "white" area the primer paint?

If under warranty or not, if I wanted to buy my own Ford (OEM) touch up paint, how do I do this? Contact Ford directly? Go through dealership?

Thanks!

Guys,

Real quick question here...last night I noticed a few paint chips on my passenger side door - the front part of the door, where the gap is (to the right front fender). There are a few 3-5 mm chips that are appearing white. It puzzles me how these even got in this spot as they are in a pretty-protected area...I can understand if they were right behind the tires and I spit some rocks into it, but this spot is strange.

Is this covered under warranty? If so, would they just touch it up?

Is the "white" area the primer paint?

If under warranty or not, if I wanted to buy my own Ford (OEM) touch up paint, how do I do this? Contact Ford directly? Go through dealership?

Thanks!

That does seem an unusual place for chips. Did you check to see if the leading door edge is interferring with the fender edge ? Have someone open and close the door to check if they're rubbing. Also have someone sit in the passanger front seat while doing the arch test in case weight is causing a shift in the panal or door alignment. If not, then I'd take it to your dealer to get their input. If its a misalignment problem then I think it would be warranty. If not, who knows what they would offer to do. I'd purchase the Ford touchup paint from the dealer parts counter to assure a good match. Check your DSide door sill for the proper paint code. Good Luck. Yes I think the white color is primer.

That does seem an unusual place for chips. Did you check to see if the leading door edge is interferring with the fender edge ? Have someone open and close the door to check if they're rubbing. Also have someone sit in the passanger front seat while doing the arch test in case weight is causing a shift in the panal or door alignment. If not, then I'd take it to your dealer to get their input. If its a misalignment problem then I think it would be warranty. If not, who knows what they would offer to do. I'd purchase the Ford touchup paint from the dealer parts counter to assure a good match. Check your DSide door sill for the proper paint code. Good Luck. Yes I think the white color is primer.

Thank you, and thanks to the other poster....I will make a stop at the dealership.

Was the paint chipped when you picked the car new? The only way the paint would be covered is if it was a factory flaw. And only 12/12 on body and paint issues. Now that being said there have been times when paint has pealed years later and they found it was from the factory prep or primer and covered the paint issue. But that was years ago. So don't hold your breath........................

Archived