TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Afganistan

Just venting

My mom called me yesterday and to me my brother is being deployed again, this time Afganistan.

He joined the Army in 2001

2002 a year in Iraq Driver of Abraham tank

2003 a year in Korea

2004 a year in Iraq

2005-2008 training instructor for Striker vehicles in Hawaii and California.

Spring 2009 moved to Kentucky to be a trainer for tank drivers.

Now going to Afganistan.

I know he signed up for this, but I am not trying to sound selfish but I get tired of worrying about him getting hurt or Killed.

I think he will be leaving the first part of 2010. Now everytime a hear about a death of a soldier I wait for the call from my mother giving me bad news. I pray this never happens.

I guess no matter how crappy the economy is it could be worse. We could be over there doing what my heros are doing protecting us and preventing them from coming over here to the U.S. again.

I am very proud of our military.

Jody, sorry to hear that hes going over again. I wish I could take his place. Throughout history, many have sacrificed for the freedoms we enjoy. Your brother is doing his part and you should be proud. I just hpe and pray he comes home safe and that we dont let those right here steal those same freedoms

Take car my friend

I feel your pain I deployed over there around there 6 times... I think the end is coming for our deployments hopefully we surge then we leave forever. military service is a calling and those that have answered are true American heroes I hope he stays safe and secure....

Jody stand tall and be proud.Your brother joined the military and he is one of the few who have been called to serve the greatest country on Gods green earth. Your brother is doing what he wants to do serve his country and to keep them from coming here.Jody your brother IS what a true HERO is. Thank God for men and women like your brother they are the back bone of the military they are the Boots on the ground.Jody be strong be proud hang in there things will get better over there. Jody we stand by your brother he is Americas best and if it was not for Heros like your brother who volunteer we would all be speaking a diffrent language.Jody everytime I see a servicemen or women I go over to them and thank them for there service and thank them for there sacrifice away from family. Jody I to have the depest RESPECT for you brother. May God protect him and guide him through this time again and bring him home safley to you and to your famiys arms again. I salute your brother :salute: he is what America is ALL about. FREEDOM

Prayers go out to your family Jody. Hang in there things will get better.

I to was in the military. Marines,national guard. 105 howizers,tank driver,gunner,loader

My family when I was growing up had two older brother that served in Vietnam at the same time. one was a forward observer and the other was a machine gunner. the oldest went on 3 big diffrent operations over there.

I'm in Afghanistan now and I know my family wasn't happy when they found out I was deploying again. The fact is that I came back in the military in 2006 and knew I would deploy. I went to training in Feb 06 and deployed to Iraq in Sept 06. I even re-enlisted while deployed. It's my job and I feel like I'm making some small difference, so I'm proud of that.

Hope your brother has a safe deployment!!

Payers for your brother!

I always had the feeling that deployments were much worse for the family than the actual service man/woman. Although I always missed them when I was deployed (my family)... they had the worry of wondering whether or not their loved one was in harms way. Just remember to not pay a whole lot of a attention to the media and to have faith that his training will take care of him, and his leaders.

:salute:

Jody stand tall and be proud.Your brother joined the military and he is one of the few who have been called to serve the greatest country on Gods green earth. Your brother is doing what he wants to do serve his country and to keep them from coming here.Jody your brother IS what a true HERO is. Thank God for men and women like your brother they are the back bone of the military they are the Boots on the ground.Jody be strong be proud hang in there things will get better over there. Jody we stand by your brother he is Americas best and if it was not for Heros like your brother who volunteer we would all be speaking a diffrent language.Jody everytime I see a servicemen or women I go over to them and thank them for there service and thank them for there sacrifice away from family. Jody I to have the depest RESPECT for you brother. May God protect him and guide him through this time again and bring him home safley to you and to your famiys arms again. I salute your brother :salute: he is what America is ALL about. FREEDOM

Prayers go out to your family Jody. Hang in there things will get better.

+1

God Bless!

Archived