TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The SYNC system in the 2010 GT500s

mustanggt500

I don't have the greatest net connection right now so surfing the net looking for my answer is beyond my patience level. So I am here to dig in the masses of knowledge.

The Sync system in the 2010 GT500s, I am wondering what all it does. I am sort of familuar with it from reading but I think a lot of it is still flying under my knowledge. I see that it voice activates Navigation, I "heard" that it voice activates your phone.

On the voice activation for the phone, are there restrictions to what type of phone or capability the phone has to get the most from the Sync system? Can you voice dial people? Anything else capable on the phone?

Does the system allow you to voice control your MP3 player? Specificaly the ZUNE?

When using your MP3 player, Zune for me, when plugged into the plug in the armrest, does it "Sync" with the system and allow you to bring everything up on the nav screen like the Zune software does on your computer at home?

The 10 Gig HD space that writeups say come with the electronics package, can you basicaly download MP3 files and WMV files to it and use it in that fasion?

Are there any detailed writeups that elaborate what the SYNC software does, what the voice command allows you to do and everything else that you can do in order to get the fullest out of the electronics package?

How much does it cost to keep the nav and the Sirus each month?

Sort of related but not:

Chevy has the Onstar that can track your car and turn it off if it is stolen. Ford have anything simular?

Thanks for any replies on this stuff,

Nic

I don't have the greatest net connection right now so surfing the net looking for my answer is beyond my patience level. So I am here to dig in the masses of knowledge.

The Sync system in the 2010 GT500s, I am wondering what all it does. I am sort of familuar with it from reading but I think a lot of it is still flying under my knowledge. I see that it voice activates Navigation, I "heard" that it voice activates your phone.

On the voice activation for the phone, are there restrictions to what type of phone or capability the phone has to get the most from the Sync system? Can you voice dial people? Anything else capable on the phone?

Does the system allow you to voice control your MP3 player? Specificaly the ZUNE?

When using your MP3 player, Zune for me, when plugged into the plug in the armrest, does it "Sync" with the system and allow you to bring everything up on the nav screen like the Zune software does on your computer at home?

The 10 Gig HD space that writeups say come with the electronics package, can you basicaly download MP3 files and WMV files to it and use it in that fasion?

Are there any detailed writeups that elaborate what the SYNC software does, what the voice command allows you to do and everything else that you can do in order to get the fullest out of the electronics package?

The system has a menu with directions for all the stuff.

How much does it cost to keep the nav and the Sirus each month? $14.00?? I don't remember

Sort of related but not:

Chevy has the Onstar that can track your car and turn it off if it is stolen. Ford have anything simular? NO

Nic

I have recorded about 250 songs off CD and my cell phone is synced up, but I don't use the voice activation yet, I just haven't bothered, but I bet it works just fine. The NAV is awesome, I have a ball with that. I wish movies would play while driving though.

The voice activation is different than OnStar, so I get confused, it seems like Ford uses different commands for the most part, I don't know. At 53 gadgets just don't draw me to far. I can barely text...Ha .

As long as your phone has Blutooth it shouldn't be a issue.

Not sure never gave it a try

Yes you can download songs on to the cars hard drive and listen to the songs there. You can also download pictures.

How much does it cost to keep the nav and the Sirus each month? $14.00?? I don't remember

I was under the impression that the nav was free. But Sirus is going to cost you after the 1 year is up.

Hope that helps I know it is not much.

Alan

How much does it cost to keep the nav and the Sirus each month?

Sort of related but not:

Chevy has the Onstar that can track your car and turn it off if it is stolen. Ford have anything simular?

Nic

The Zune works perfect with Sync. I think that the Sync software is Microsoft and the Zune is Microsoft. You can give the Sync voice commands and the Zune plays. I have over 10,000 songs on my Zune and if you give the command it will play the song you request. If you have the nav system you can do it manually just like on the computer. The best way is to create playlist and just tell sync to "play playlist(name you have given it)" and it will find and play the playlist.

Once you pair with your bluetooth enable phone you can control it via the touchscreen (Electronics Pack) or voice commands. It's has worked for me with two different types of Motorola phones. You can play songs stored on the phone too.

Haven't used the ZUNE but I have plugged in a USB thumb drive (16GB) and Synch indexed all the MP3's/Files and allowed me to control via touchscreen or voice commands.

mmmm, pretty sure that's a negative on the WMV files and saving to the HD. And one knock that I have about getting files to HD is that they have to come from a CD. So you have to plug in a normal/native music CD or JPEG/JPG/JPEs (pics) burned to a CD then Synch converts (via the record button) the music cd (wave files) to MP3's and stores to the HD. The JPEG/JPG/JPE's are limited to 32 total and have to be less than 1.5 MB each. I was hoping to be able to plug in my USB drive with all my MP3's (and other files too) and transfer them to the HD but no can do. You might be able to play WMV via a user device but not sure.

DaFreak

Once you pair with your bluetooth enable phone you can control it via the touchscreen (Electronics Pack) or voice commands. It's has worked for me with two different types of Motorola phones. You can play songs stored on the phone too.

Haven't used the ZUNE but I have plugged in a USB thumb drive (16GB) and Synch indexed all the MP3's/Files and allowed me to control via touchscreen or voice commands.

mmmm, pretty sure that's a negative on the WMV files and saving to the HD. And one knock that I have about getting files to HD is that they have to come from a CD. So you have to plug in a normal/native music CD or JPEG/JPG/JPEs (pics) burned to a CD then Synch converts (via the record button) the music cd (wave files) to MP3's and stores to the HD. The JPEG/JPG/JPE's are limited to 32 total and have to be less than 1.5 MB each. I was hoping to be able to plug in my USB drive with all my MP3's (and other files too) and transfer them to the HD but no can do. You might be able to play WMV via a user device but not sure.

DaFreak

Another catch on JPEGs is that they have to be burned to CD using non-Microsoft (third party) software. The format required is a standard ISO type that is not supported by Microsoft.

Ipods and Iphones work great also.

Bluetooth, you have no control over changing songs, but plug it in and you can control the device.

I also hated the CD burning to the Harddrive. I know why they wont allow it, but it still sucks to rip one cd at a time, which is pretty time consuming. Much easier to just buy a 10 gig flash drive and put your music on it.

• 4 weeks later...

The Zune works perfect with Sync. I think that the Sync software is Microsoft and the Zune is Microsoft. You can give the Sync voice commands and the Zune plays. I have over 10,000 songs on my Zune and if you give the command it will play the song you request. If you have the nav system you can do it manually just like on the computer. The best way is to create playlist and just tell sync to "play playlist(name you have given it)" and it will find and play the playlist.

YRREJ

Q Well i now have my Zune set up with songs and playlists--im able to use voicecommends to go to specific songs and artists,but havent figured out how to go to a playlist.I open Zune and see the playlist are there,but dont see tehm per se on my Zune device,although all the songs are there.So, question is how do i get the Playlist songs played on the Shelby--im sure its simple---bob

YRREJ

Q Well i now have my Zune set up with songs and playlists--im able to use voicecommends to go to specific songs and artists,but havent figured out how to go to a playlist.I open Zune and see the playlist are there,but dont see tehm per se on my Zune device,although all the songs are there.So, question is how do i get the Playlist songs played on the Shelby--im sure its simple---bob

Give sync the command"play playlist (name)". Also on the screen select index and choose playlist. Hope this helps.

Archived