TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GTH no. 152 for sale locally; wrecked?

75coug

A local Buick dealer has a 2007 GTH for sale, so I stopped to take a look at it. The miles are rather high, at around 36k. Someone did some fix-ups on it, cleaning the engine, installing new stripes, repainting the air dam (the scuffs and scratches were not fixed, just painted) and so forth.

It has a clean CarFax, but they are not infallible, and the panel gap between the hood and the driver's side fender is notably wider than the one between the hood and the passenger side fender. Has anyone else seen such a thing outside the context of a car having been wrecked?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/1481179577.html

DSC03865.jpg

DSC03867.jpg

As discussed in other threads rental car wrecks will not always show up on CarFax as the rental companies self insure.

When new, the hood gaps weren't perfect because of the composite hood so I wouldn't be overly concerned and an inspection on a lift should have the answer.

I do think his price is a little on the high side for the mileage and wear.

Steve

As discussed in other threads rental car wrecks will not always show up on CarFax as the rental companies self insure.

When new, the hood gaps weren't perfect because of the composite hood so I wouldn't be overly concerned and an inspection on a lift should have the answer.

I do think his price is a little on the high side for the mileage and wear.

Steve

Yeah, the price is definitely high. Thanks for the info.

Archived