TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelby bought out ???

ulfv8

Hi,

I postet this on another forum as well but may be here I will get an answer?

last june I ordered some suspension parts from Shelby perf. parts ( UCA, LCA, panhard ). ETA was scheduled for early october. Since today I received nothing and I`m a bit upset..

I tried to call them but all of the sudden nobody is available anymore ( i.e. Brian Turner, Keith Criswell, Enrique etc. ). They didn`t answer my emails, faxes nor are they calling me back...

Now I heard a rumor that Shelby perf. parts have been bought out by an undisclosed company and that no pricing information or application information will be available until after the deal has been closed.

Sales are on hold or on " backorder ".

If this is true this could be the reason for their strange and weird behavior.

Anybody heard about that or can confirm?

Happy Thanksgiving

Ulf / Hamburg / Germany

Hi,

I postet this on another forum as well but may be here I will get an answer?

last june I ordered some suspension parts from Shelby perf. parts ( UCA, LCA, panhard ). ETA was scheduled for early october. Since today I received nothing and I`m a bit upset..

I tried to call them but all of the sudden nobody is available anymore ( i.e. Brian Turner, Keith Criswell, Enrique etc. ). They didn`t answer my emails, faxes nor are they calling me back...

Now I heard a rumor that Shelby perf. parts have been bought out by an undisclosed company and that no pricing information or application information will be available until after the deal has been closed.

Sales are on hold or on " backorder ".

If this is true this could be the reason for their strange and weird behavior.

Anybody heard about that or can confirm?

Happy Thanksgiving

Ulf / Hamburg / Germany

I havent heard anything, but that doesnt mean anything either!!

MM

My understanding is that SPP is Scott Drake; with an agreement with Shelby to move their stuff. Maybe something went wrong with that agreement.

+1

From the Scott Drake Website

Headquarters:

Scott Drake Enterprises, Inc.

130 Cassia Way

Henderson, NV 89014

Tel:702-853-2060

Toll Free:800-999-0289

Fax:702-853-2061

From my SPP Website

Shelby Performance Parts LLC.

130 Cassia Way

Henderson NV 89014

Phone: (702)405-3500

Toll Free:

Fax: (702)405-3509

From my SPP Invoice

Vendor

Order Date

Invoice #

5/22/2009 6:34:32 PM

130 Cassia Way

Henderson, NV 89014

(702)405-3500

Fax-(702)405-3509

Once I figured this out and Lethal Performance became a distributor of Shelby Performance Parts I started buying from them instead and it cuts down on the shipping time for me since Lethal is on the East Coast and so am I

Take Care

Andrew

I've bought quite a few things from SPP. Let me tell you it seems that everything is on back order, shipping is always through the roof and quality is sometimes lacking... That said I keep going back because it's the only game in town for the pieces I'm interested in. I've made a point to stop by during SEMA and see if I can save myself some shipping cost.

Frank

Last I heard was that SPP was shut down a week or so ago for 'inventory'. No parts were moving and no one was available.

I've had some stuff on back order with them for weeks now with slim communication from Enrique, when typically his replies are within minutes of my requests.

Van was able to get my radiator sneaked out the back door somehow, but other than that, it's been awfully quiet on Cassia Way.

Ken

Last I heard was that SPP was shut down a week or so ago for 'inventory'. No parts were moving and no one was available.

I've had some stuff on back order with them for weeks now with slim communication from Enrique, when typically his replies are within minutes of my requests.

Van was able to get my radiator sneaked out the back door somehow, but other than that, it's been awfully quiet on Cassia Way.

Ken

That's right. Who's the man? Just kidding.

They were doing a massive inventory a week or so ago.

I always like to check on inventory before I take an order.

Van

+1

From the Scott Drake Website

Headquarters:

Scott Drake Enterprises, Inc.

130 Cassia Way

Henderson, NV 89014

Tel:702-853-2060

Toll Free:800-999-0289

Fax:702-853-2061

From my SPP Website

130 Cassia Way

Henderson NV 89014

Phone: (702)405-3500

Toll Free:

Fax: (702)405-3509

From my SPP Invoice

Vendor

Order Date

Invoice #

5/22/2009 6:34:32 PM

130 Cassia Way

Henderson, NV 89014

(702)405-3500

Fax-(702)405-3509

Once I figured this out and Lethal Performance became a distributor of Shelby Performance Parts I started buying from them instead and it cuts down on the shipping time for me since Lethal is on the East Coast and so am I

Take Care

Andrew

It's no secret that SPP and Scott Drake joined forces to be a one stop shop for most all Shelby needs. In fact here is the first few lines of their press release:

Las Vegas – June 14, 2007 – A new performance parts business formed by Shelby Automobiles™ and Scott Drake Enterprises, Inc. will be introduced at the 33rd Annual Mid-America Ford Performance and Shelby Meet on June 14, 2007.

Have they had growing pains, sure have. Could Scott Drake be handling things better, sure could. Are changes in the works, I'll leave that for you figure out.

Anyway the point of my post is to show that there is no hidden conspiracy. Both Scott Drake and Shelby Auto's have been upfront from day one who they are. Besides how could they hide that fact when some of the stuff arrives in Scott Drake packaging.

Steve

It's no secret that SPP and Scott Drake joined forces to be a one stop shop for most all Shelby needs. In fact here is the first few lines of their press release:

Las Vegas – June 14, 2007 – A new performance parts business formed by Shelby Automobiles™ and Scott Drake Enterprises, Inc. will be introduced at the 33rd Annual Mid-America Ford Performance and Shelby Meet on June 14, 2007.

Have they had growing pains, sure have. Could Scott Drake be handling things better, sure could. Are changes in the works, I'll leave that for you figure out.

Anyway the point of my post is to show that there is no hidden conspiracy. Both Scott Drake and Shelby Auto's have been upfront from day one who they are. Besides how could they hide that fact when some of the stuff arrives in Scott Drake packaging.

Steve

+1

I have run into the same thing. No returned calls or e-mails. Unfortunately, I have a large return and I am worried I will be stuck with an expensive and useless defective part. Not happy. :angry2:

think you guys should post this in the members forum, maybe amy or someone can shed some light on the subject?

I just did a big order. Dont know the status yet, but its my first time I buy with them. The only worries that I would foresee is that other companies dont Charge your Credit card until they ship.

I would be dissapointed if I was charged $3000 and had to wait 6 months to get a part, while paying interest on the card.

I just did a big order. Dont know the status yet, but its my first time I buy with them. The only worries that I would foresee is that other companies dont Charge your Credit card until they ship.

I would be dissapointed if I was charged $3000 and had to wait 6 months to get a part, while paying interest on the card.

:dreamy: ummmm... a big order, huh Louis? :waiting: this could be interesting.... :lurk:

don't feel bad, i placed a BIG order with Shelby Store and I cant get Robert to email me back. He emailed me couple times before then when i had a problem, I got a email saying is this ok, and when i responded 4-5 times i got NOTHING back. Dont get it!

So I take it this is why my car has been at the dealer for over a month now. They are still waiting on stripes because they are on backorder. Good thing this is not my everyday car cause they won't give me a rental. Hopefully Santa will bring my car home at Christmas!!!!

So I take it this is why my car has been at the dealer for over a month now. They are still waiting on stripes because they are on backorder. Good thing this is not my everyday car cause they won't give me a rental. Hopefully Santa will bring my car home at Christmas!!!!

Wouldn't it make more sense to have taken your car home and then wait for the dealer to call you when the stripes come in? I'm not sure I would want to leave my car at a dealership for any length of time, things have a way of happening.

Good luck with the stripes. Hope they arrive soon for you.

Steve

Wouldn't it make more sense to have taken your car home and then wait for the dealer to call you when the stripes come in? I'm not sure I would want to leave my car at a dealership for any length of time, things have a way of happening.

Good luck with the stripes. Hope they arrive soon for you.

Steve

my car is in my garage waiting on hood pins dealer said they are backordered for 20-25 business days

Guys, we have always been a partner with SDrake, they do run the business though. SPP is not being "bought out"" not sure where that rumor comes from. There are changes happening and we will share it with all of you first when it is legal to do so.

Amy

don't feel bad, i placed a BIG order with Shelby Store and I cant get Robert to email me back. He emailed me couple times before then when i had a problem, I got a email saying is this ok, and when i responded 4-5 times i got NOTHING back. Dont get it!

Call us anytime you have an issue: 702.942.1720

We have 2 new people here and more on the way to better serve everyone.

I am really good at getting back to people, but sometimes I get caught in a "burp"

I wish ShelbyStore could help on the stripes, but we don't have any here.

Archived