TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Brakes Question

I have a question, I purchased Front GT500 brakes (14" rotors) that I will be installing. I have a friend that will give me their rear disk set from a GT500 (he upgraded). My question is: what kind of rear caliper does the GT500 use? I would imagine that my SGT caliper does not work. I know that the rear are 13", so I was just wondering if anyone has done a rear GT500 upgrade.

My understanding is that the only difference between the rear brakes on a GT,SGT or GT500 are the pads. The GT500 has different pads and ours are the same as the GT's. I am doing the same thing to the front with a GT 500 brake kit and out back I will be adding some slotted rotors with hawk pads with some stainless line.

I have a question, I purchased Front GT500 brakes (14" rotors) that I will be installing. I have a friend that will give me their rear disk set from a GT500 (he upgraded). My question is: what kind of rear caliper does the GT500 use? I would imagine that my SGT caliper does not work. I know that the rear are 13", so I was just wondering if anyone has done a rear GT500 upgrade.

Archived