TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Mustang GT

motorjock205

My wife bought a new 2010 Mustang GT a little over a week ago, it has an automatic transmission, and supposedly 315 HP now...This thing is really quick! I'm starting to believe that it may be just a tick faster than the SGT with the 5-speed...I know if we were racing, I'd sure have to be on top of my shifting game, that is for sure!

Anyone else out there notice the quickness of the 2010???

My wife bought a new 2010 Mustang GT a little over a week ago, it has an automatic transmission, and supposedly 315 HP now...This thing is really quick! I'm starting to believe that it may be just a tick faster than the SGT with the 5-speed...I know if we were racing, I'd sure have to be on top of my shifting game, that is for sure!

nope, theyr 100 pounds heavier. good looking though, if it were a woman.....if any mustang were a woman.... :hysterical:

on a side note if you have the 3.73 track pack then yes theyr faster(lower gearing wins every time)

nope, theyr 100 pounds heavier. good looking though, if it were a woman.....if any mustang were a woman.... :hysterical:

on a side note if you have the 3.73 track pack then yes theyr faster(lower gearing wins every time)

I'm pretty sure this one has the 3.31 rear end in it...but it has the Aluminum Strut bar and the 19" wheels and tires. We managed to open it up between Marathon and Fort Stockton this past weekend...and she hits 140 on the speedo pretty darn quick too...Doesn't quite feel as stable as the SGT at those speeds though...

My best friend ordered a 2010 GT nicely equipped and and took me out for a ride the day it arrived, they are very nice inside, but there is no exhaust note, doesn't have that deep throaty GT sound when he reved it, did you notice this.

I was impressed with the build quality and fit/finish. I had to laugh when he showed me the wrinkle in the racing stripe package on the trunk that needed replacing. I had just gotten mine back after being out on my own stripe issues for several weeks. The interior certainly improved from the 05 GT and my 08 SGT, but I wouldn't trade him for any amount. I love my car....

GG

:hysterical:

I test drove a 2010 back in April and it was "SLOWER" than my Stock 05 Mustang GT.........

My best friend ordered a 2010 GT nicely equipped and and took me out for a ride the day it arrived, they are very nice inside, but there is no exhaust note, doesn't have that deep throaty GT sound when he reved it, did you notice this.

I was impressed with the build quality and fit/finish. I had to laugh when he showed me the wrinkle in the racing stripe package on the trunk that needed replacing. I had just gotten mine back after being out on my own stripe issues for several weeks. The interior certainly improved from the 05 GT and my 08 SGT, but I wouldn't trade him for any amount. I love my car....

GG

Actually the exhaust note on my wife's new car is very close to what the SGT sounds like. It has a very nice growl to it even from inside the car. I noticed that they have added a plastic hose that goes from the air cleaner box to the fire wall and this is something that is supposed to "enhance the engine sounds" for the ultimate driving experience...LOL Yeah, Right!

Carl, put em on the dyno. Im pretty sure the 315 ( on the 2010 ) is a conservative number, just think guys we had to pay a gas guzzler tax for our 315hp

Chris

I'd love to find a dyno out here in West Texas for a decent price...or even just find a dyno out here would be nice! LOL Yeah, it is a shame about the gas guzzler tax thing...I've griped about that from the very start! My SGT has always got very good mileage even when I'm flogging it!

Carl

I'd love to find a dyno out here in West Texas for a decent price...or even just find a dyno out here would be nice! LOL Yeah, it is a shame about the gas guzzler tax thing...I've griped about that from the very start! My SGT has always got very good mileage even when I'm flogging it!

Carl

You might have a better chance finding a Jackalope... :hysterical:

Why are you wondering? You have both cars, have your wife drive hers to a remote road and race her. It's probably the only time you'll be able to beat your wife without going to jail!! Or, she might beat you. Find out and report back please!!

Chip

Carl, sounds like the 2011 V6 Mustang maybe quicker then the SGT :happy feet:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/30/2011-fo...a-2009-preview/

"2010 Mustang GT, Seems quicker than SGT"

I'm going to suggest you need to check your "seems" generator against data: today seems a bit cooler than yesterday, but as a matter of fact the thermometer says it's two degrees warmer, at the same hour.

If you see what I mean ...

Archived