TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any 2010 Super Snakes yet?

I'm seriously considering getting my 2010 GT500 "Super Snaked". I've seen the photo's from the Shelby site but they don't go anywhere near the interior or performance add-ons I want to see.

Has SAI even made any customer-pay 2010 SS's yet?

I'll will be stopping off at SAI in mid December on my way to Cali. I will ask them about the car and hopefully get to see their 2010 SS.

If I don't go with a genuine Super Snake, I'll most likely be building my GT500 up with the same options (other than the hood) that a SS offers. e.g. FRP 2.9L SC, 20" Alcoa's, FRP handling pack, Borla exh, (Shelby) short-throw shifter, 1-pc drive shaft, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Quite frankly, the Super Snake grille & fender badge isn't all *that* important to me.

But what items CAN'T I buy, such as the CF splitter, rockers, etc?

If there are any 2010 SS owners on this forum, can you please give me your impressons of it?

Thanks in advance,

Phill Pollard - Co. Springs, CO

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

Quite frankly, the Super Snake grille & fender badge isn't all *that* important to me.

Thanks in advance,

Generic 20" Alcoa's are available from Shelby, but not the "Super Snake" logo'ed Alcoas (seperately). The Super Snake center caps on the Alcoa's. The Super Snake CSM number plates, the KB Super Snake identifiers (pulley and air inlet). Super Snake interior idenifiers (console door and headrests). I had to provide proof of Super Snake ownership to purchase a spare set of Super Snake specific floor mats. The billit alum. fill caps under the hood, there are about five of them, all say "Super Snake".

Actually when you start to add up the Super Snake specific items that "aren't" available except on a Super Snake build, there are quite a few items, and then that all important CSM number and certificate.

R

I'm seriously considering getting my 2010 GT500 "Super Snaked". I've seen the photo's from the Shelby site but they don't go anywhere near the interior or performance add-ons I want to see.

Has SAI even made any customer-pay 2010 SS's yet?

I'll will be stopping off at SAI in mid December on my way to Cali. I will ask them about the car and hopefully get to see their 2010 SS.

If I don't go with a genuine Super Snake, I'll most likely be building my GT500 up with the same options (other than the hood) that a SS offers. e.g. FRP 2.9L SC, 20" Alcoa's, FRP handling pack, Borla exh, (Shelby) short-throw shifter, 1-pc drive shaft, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

If there are any 2010 SS owners on this forum, can you please give me your impressons of it?

Thanks in advance,

If they already made a production model of the 2010 Snake, it would be awesome to see some pics of it. :camera:

Generic 20" Alcoa's are available from Shelby, but not the "Super Snake" logo'ed Alcoas (seperately). The Super Snake center caps on the Alcoa's. The Super Snake CSM number plates, the KB Super Snake identifiers (pulley and air inlet). Super Snake interior idenifiers (console door and headrests). I had to provide proof of Super Snake ownership to purchase a spare set of Super Snake specific floor mats. The billit alum. fill caps under the hood, there are about five of them, all say "Super Snake".

Actually when you start to add up the Super Snake specific items that "aren't" available except on a Super Snake build, there are quite a few items, and then that all important CSM number and certificate.

R

In addition to the items I have listed above, I had my hood open this past weekend and noticed that the dip stick is also "Super Snake unique".

R

If they already made a production model of the 2010 Snake, it would be awesome to see some pics of it. :camera:

Have you have seen the Blue 2010 in the magazines and Shelby literature? It does look good, however, it has upper side scoops but no lower side scoops. I prefer the look of both, especially if uppers are in place. The 2010 literature does not mention lower side scoops as part of the Super Snake package, as it did in the 2007-2009 conversions.

Picture1654.jpg

R

Have you have seen the Blue 2010 in the magazines and Shelby literature? It does look good, however, it has upper side scoops but no lower side scoops. I prefer the look of both, especially if uppers are in place. The 2010 literature does not mention lower side scoops as part of the Super Snake package, as it did in the 2007-2009 conversions.

R

Yes, I've noticed that.

It also isn't showing the gauge pod in the middle of the dash. Or the SS headrests. Or the front brake cooling inlets in the lower grille.

My thought is that the SS pictured in all of the photo's is either incomplete (just get one out for the pics) or they're skimping on items in order to keep the price at the same level.

Which is why I'd *REALLY* like to see a production model.

I'll be stopping in at SAI LV on December 18 and I'm hoping their SS will be there for inspection.

Phill Pollard

Archived