TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Water spots on stripes

mullens

I noticed some nice white water spots in my black vinyl stripes today. You only can see them from an angle, but they are defeinitely there. Using a wet cloth does no good. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove them without hurting the vinyl? Someone suggested a clay bar, but I'm a little hestitant.

Thanks

I noticed some nice white water spots in my black vinyl stripes today. You only can see them from an angle, but they are defeinitely there. Using a wet cloth does no good. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove them without hurting the vinyl? Someone suggested a clay bar, but I'm a little hestitant.

Thanks

If not then vinegar diluted will do the trick, Pm ShowCar he is a nice member on TS before doing any thing...he is a professional detailer and helped many before!

If not then vinegar diluted will do the trick, Pm ShowCar he is a nice member on TS before doing any thing...he is a professional detailer and helped many before!

I was going to suggest using vinegar too. I know it works wonders on glass (using newspaper). I've always used it 'straight', not diluted.

I'd find a small hidden place to test it first though. Not sure if the vinyl will react to it or not.

Phill

I was going to suggest using vinegar too. I know it works wonders on glass (using newspaper). I've always used it 'straight', not diluted.

I'd find a small hidden place to test it first though. Not sure if the vinyl will react to it or not.

Phill

if it is gone be used then definitely diluted...may be 1.5 water to 1 vinegar i could be wrong but i recall that ratio!

I had the exact same issue with mine. Clay bar and wax did not work. Finally, SratchX (Mequiars) did the trick. That stuff rocks!

DaFreaks

Yeah..didn't have to use it on the Shelby yet...and probably won't for a long time..but both the SwirlX & ScratchX are good stuff. The SwirlX is the mildest. There is also the Ultimate compound..but that is the strongest stuff and I don't recommend that for frequent use..although it will get rid of scratches and the like quite easily. Meguiars definitely ROCKS in my book too.

Steve from Showcar suggested the vinegar/water method, then Showcar polish if that doesn't work. I'll give it a try and post the results.

Thanks,

Ive used Back to Black to eliminate water spots on vinyl for years.Its less invasive than using the ScratchX,which I also love,but id be concerned about getting thru the surface coat of the stripesMight want to try that,or the vinegar

Archived