TEAM SHELBY FORUM

cop magnet

ARMORINE

so i had gotten home a couple hours earlier after being gone for 3 days deer hunting(broke in my new r-25) family wanted to order food so we ordered burgers from Charlestons, me not having seen my baby in 3 days i jumped into Natalia and roared off. well im flying up Yale, when i get to the 71st stoplight im in the wrong lane to pull in to Charlestons, well im first in line next to a honda civic whos giving me the look(not really i just wanted a reason to punch it). light turns green i rev up to 2k and drop the clutch, im off like a rocket, im across the intersection and in the turn lane before he even sees the green light. i roll into the Charlestons pickup parking. rev once and shut down.

just as i do a police cruiser comes around from the other side of the parking lot, he's moving slowly so i assume hes looking for expired tags. as he rolls towards me i can feel my blood pressure start climbing. he rolls past, i feel the weight on me lifting, just as i think "ok its all good", the charger dips low and sniffs the pavement, he backs up suddenly, hard and whips in the parking place next to me! im thinking oh S%$T im going to get arrested for something stupid. he rolls his window down and smiles widely, in the back of my head i cuss and think "yeah rub it in, you found something now your going to make it as painful as possible for me". im puckered so hard theyr going to have to surgically remove the seat from my backside. he opens his mouth and to my surprise the first thing he says is "i just wanted to say thats the prettiest car i have ever seen!"

he asks me how long i have had it, what kind of engine it has, have i modified it any. i have never had a cop so interested in my car not try and give me a ticket for something. i get my food he compliments my car again and we both leave. on the whole drive home i have a smile wider then the jokers. as i near my house i think to my self "huh maybe cops arnt as after me as i thought" and i put my foot to the floor and run the gears before i get to my neighborhood

Good story! Glad it turned out well for you. Not all cops are out to get you...I had a TX DPS Trooper pull me over one time and his first comment was "The reason I stopped you is because you were going just a little bit fast...but we might be able to work something out if you want to trade cars!" We sat there and talked about the car for 15 minutes I know...then he said "Have a nice day!"

I really think it is a shame that we have so much power in these cars and don't get the chance to use it on a regular basis...I get away with it more out here in wide open west Texas I'm sure, but still take a chance of getting caught and thrown in jail...even though I'm a retired officer...LOL

There is a steep 1/2 mile incline on the highway that leads to the entrance of my neighborhood; the incline begins at a stoplight. Well, I always gun it at green and accelerate upto ~75.

Once with noone around, as I'm approaching the entrance to my neighborhood, a city cop car is chasing me down at a very fast rate. I'm thinking, I'm toast and am sure to get a ticket. I'm expecting the cherries to light up as I turn into my neighborhood. She, yes she, turns in right behind me and immediately makes a u-turn. I was so relieved; that was the coolest warning I've ever gotten.... :happy feet:

There is a steep 1/2 mile incline on the highway that leads to the entrance of my neighborhood; the incline begins at a stoplight. Well, I always gun it at green and accelerate upto ~75.

Once with noone around, as I'm approaching the entrance to my neighborhood, a city cop car is chasing me down at a very fast rate. I'm thinking, I'm toast and am sure to get a ticket. I'm expecting the cherries to light up as I turn into my neighborhood. She, yes she, turns in right behind me and immediately makes a u-turn. I was so relieved; that was the coolest warning I've ever gotten.... :happy feet:

we need more cops like that, female cops are hot! :hysterical:

seriously though, if i had a cop u-turn on me i would straiten up for a few seconds :happy feet:

i had 2 different incidents with cops on my Shelby Gt. First one, im stopped at a red light and a LAPD cruiser gets next to me and tells me i have a nice car and how much HP it has. I tell him abou 320 (this was when it was stock). Then he ask's me if i wanted to race, I said "yeah right, so you can give me a ticket?" he starts laughing. I rev it and he turns his sirens on, :happy feet:

2nd incident i was picking up my brother at LAX and was using my cell phone. Trying to find out when my brother was going to land and all that. I see a cop on the corner of my eye, i said oh $hit.. he saw me and sure enough he did. He pulls me over and ask's me if i knew why he pulled me over? i confessed and said, "yeah cause i was using my cell phone" he said "not really that was just an excuse to pull you over and check out your car. You have a beautiful car." after he check it out, he let me go.. :happy feet:

Archived