TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got pics of your drop

bonefish

Looks good! So you say full set up...what springs were they? Is there more than one with FRPP?

Sorry the kit number is actually M-2007-FR3SVT and consists the following sub components;

Springs (M-5300-L).

Adjustable dampers (M-18000-C).

Anti-roll kit (M-5490-B).

Strut tower brace (M-2020-C).

The springs are the only ones available from FRPP for the GT500, although the literature specifies that the full kit (M-2007-FR3SVT) is for use on the coupes they work quite well on convertibles as well.

I hope this answers your question.

Sorry the kit number is actually M-2007-FR3SVT and consists the following sub components;

Springs (M-5300-L).

Adjustable dampers (M-18000-C).

Anti-roll kit (M-5490-B).

Strut tower brace (M-2020-C).

The springs are the only ones available from FRPP for the GT500, although the literature specifies that the full kit (M-2007-FR3SVT) is for use on the coupes they work quite well on convertibles as well.

I hope this answers your question.

Sure does! Thanks!..nice car! That color was originally my first choice...looks good! I went to blue then and then to Vapor...to find the deal I wanted with the right stuff...

Sure does! Thanks!..nice car! That color was originally my first choice...looks good! I went to blue then and then to Vapor...to find the deal I wanted with the right stuff...

The truth of the matter is that the deal I had with my wife was that I got the car I wanted but she would choose the colour. I personally would have preferred blue. Having said that, Grabber Orange really gets a lot of attention (particularly from the fairer sex, go figure) and is the rarest colour for 2008 (#44 of 81 Grabber Orange Convertibles) and the colour does grow on you after a while. The funny thing is the wife got bit by the Mustang bug and decided to get her own pony (’73 Mach I with a 351 Cleveland CJ).

The truth of the matter is that the deal I had with my wife was that I got the car I wanted but she would choose the colour. I personally would have preferred blue. Having said that, Grabber Orange really gets a lot of attention (particularly from the fairer sex, go figure) and is the rarest colour for 2008 (#44 of 81 Grabber Orange Convertibles) and the colour does grow on you after a while. The funny thing is the wife got bit by the Mustang bug and decided to get her own pony (’73 Mach I with a 351 Cleveland CJ).

Well she did a good job....that's what I liked about it..all the attention! :happy feet:

I had a screaming yellow 04 cobra vert..and I got alot of attention with that too. Sometimes not the stuff I wanted...hello mr. officer! The vapor is nice and a bit subdued...kind of mean looking I think.

Yeah...blue is beautiful...I still wish I had it but, I think I am going to make the vapor work..and look pretty good. Gotta get it dropped and exhaust though!

Well she did a good job....that's what I liked about it..all the attention! :happy feet:

I had a screaming yellow 04 cobra vert..and I got alot of attention with that too. Sometimes not the stuff I wanted...hello mr. officer! The vapor is nice and a bit subdued...kind of mean looking I think.

Yeah...blue is beautiful...I still wish I had it but, I think I am going to make the vapor work..and look pretty good. Gotta get it dropped and exhaust though!

Which mufflers are you getting. I'm currently running M-5230-S "KR" mufflers (absolutely love them, they sound better and better as they age) after swapping out my M-5230-5GT "Stingers" due to the wife getting headaches from the drone.

Which mufflers are you getting. I'm currently running M-5230-S "KR" mufflers (absolutely love them, they sound better and better as the age) after swapping out my M-5230-5GT "Stingers" due to the wife getting headaches from the drone.

Funny you ask..I am not sure. I like the KR's, Borla, Corsa(loud ones) and Magnaflow from what I hear..so, now it is a matter of finding the best deal. Little tight on cash right now...but, they are coming soon! One of them!

Funny you ask..I am not sure. I like the KR's, Borla, Corsa(loud ones) and Magnaflow from what I hear..so, now it is a matter of finding the best deal. Little tight on cash right now...but, they are coming soon! One of them!

Before buying try to listen to each muffler live, You-tube audio can be misleading and be aware Borla Stingers do drone at highway speeds.

Before buying try to listen to each muffler live, You-tube audio can be misleading and be aware Borla Stingers do drone at highway speeds.

Yep...I am going to try to do that. I think the KR's are best however I am not a fan of the tips. I like 4 inch rolled. Corsa sound nice..and so do MagnaFlow/Borla. However this is via you tube..and I agree sounds different when your in person. Exhaust may take some time to get too...as i want to do it right hte first time. I also know I will be doing H pipe as I hear this keeps it throaty and muscle car sounding as opposed to a x pipe.

Which mufflers are you getting. I'm currently running M-5230-S "KR" mufflers (absolutely love them, they sound better and better as the age) after swapping out my M-5230-5GT "Stingers" due to the wife getting headaches from the drone.

I'm running the same "M-5230-S "KR" mufflers" and love them as well.

Archived