TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H SHELBY SERIAL # DASH PLAQUE

I recently purchased a 2007 Shelby GT-H and love it. I have heard you can get the a metal dash plaque to

replace the sticker on the dash with the serial number. Can anyone let me know how to go about getting one?

Appreciate the help and my first Shelby! Also, anyone had any luck in getting invoices from Hertz or window

sticker? It wasnt with the vehicle when I purchased it .Thanks.

I recently purchased a 2007 Shelby GT-H and love it. I have heard you can get the a metal dash plaque to

replace the sticker on the dash with the serial number. Can anyone let me know how to go about getting one?

Appreciate the help and my first Shelby! Also, anyone had any luck in getting invoices from Hertz or window

Hey there Freddy. email Shelby Automotive and you will not only get the metal dash palque but you will also get a cool certificate. This plaque is available to you as long as the previous owner did not already claim it. As for the Hertz window sticker and invoice, they are available from Hertz, but I don't know who you need to call. I am sure another member can chime in with the phone # you need to call.

Congrats on a very cool car. This car kicks arse.

QSS

Freddy, I am also a GT-H owner and the previous advice is correct and all you will need is proof that you own the car as in the Title etc.. I received my plaque and owners certificate in about 2 weeks. As far as contacting Hertz I have been unable to locate the contact person and have all but given up. I know that documentation exists but its difficult to locate. Let me know if you have any better luck. Maybe if someone at Shelby reads our e-mails they can assist us and many other frustrated GT-H owners. Have fun in your GT-H they are awesome.

Freddy, I am also a GT-H owner and the previous advice is correct and all you will need is proof that you own the car as in the Title etc.. I received my plaque and owners certificate in about 2 weeks. As far as contacting Hertz I have been unable to locate the contact person and have all but given up. I know that documentation exists but its difficult to locate. Let me know if you have any better luck. Maybe if someone at Shelby reads our e-mails they can assist us and many other frustrated GT-H owners. Have fun in your GT-H they are awesome.

With the 06 Coupes, Hertz did keep a file on the cars with all the original paperwork and documentation. There was one person who kept that info and then sent it to the owners once a car was purchased. However, I've heard that this all changed with the 07's. Many of the cars were sold with the paperwork with them. When I went to one auction that had over 30 converts, all the paperwork was with the cars. If you do a search in the Coupe section, you sould find the name of the guy at Hertz who had the documentation. Not sure if he will be able to help at all, but might want to try. I'll try to find the info and post it here.

Here's a link with the contact info at Hertz. Hope it helps, but I don't know.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23310

I've been trying to get my dash plaque since September. I mailed my title and my bill of sale. I've emailed and phoned. Steve Mansell hasn't bothered to return my last three phone calls. I don't really understand why shelby want's to go out of there way to alienate a customer

When I got all my stuff for my 06, all I did was register the car in the Shelby registry. As long as you are the original first private owner, you should have no issues. After about 4 weeks I received a packet with certificate, new dash plaque, 40th emblem, key chain etc. Maybe things have changed.

Steven Fleske (HERTZ) should be able to get all your paper work ei window sticker, inspection sheet, Shelby add on list etc. For the 06 it was all laminated and in a nice folder. Good luck.

I've been trying to get my dash plaque since September. I mailed my title and my bill of sale. I've emailed and phoned. Steve Mansell hasn't bothered to return my last three phone calls. I don't really understand why shelby want's to go out of there way to alienate a customer

Contact Roger Sorel on this and he should be able to help. RogerS@shelbyautos.com

• 3 months later...

So is filling out the Shelby Registry form all that's required to recieve the Shelby 'goodies', or do you have to send in a copy of the title/registration? I haven't had my car 3 weeks yet and currently only have the dealership paperwork and temporary license plate. I did register the car online, but would like to know if I still need to copy the registration when it shows up - and if so what address would I send it to?

I don't mean to be impatient, but after spending money getting the car checked out, serviced, replacement parts and some mods, the idea of getting something for nothing is sounding really good!

So is filling out the Shelby Registry form all that's required to recieve the Shelby 'goodies', or do you have to send in a copy of the title/registration? I haven't had my car 3 weeks yet and currently only have the dealership paperwork and temporary license plate. I did register the car online, but would like to know if I still need to copy the registration when it shows up - and if so what address would I send it to?

I don't mean to be impatient, but after spending money getting the car checked out, serviced, replacement parts and some mods, the idea of getting something for nothing is sounding really good!

MustangTom

Contact Steve Mansell at stevem@shelbyamerican.com

He will walk you thru the process and yes you'll need to fax/email a copy of the sales receipt showing your name and the vin number.

Once verified you'll be sent the permanent dash plaque and a GTH certificate.

Steve T.

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the info! Last weekend I told a friend of my that it was pretty cheap too sign your car number with a sticker!

Looks like that problem will be solved!

I will give steve an email and hopefully i can receive it as well.

Regards,

Jeroen

Thought I'd post here that I got my Hertz info from Steve. He didn't reply to my email request, but sent the folder of info in about a week. I made sure to send him a thank you email in return.

I'm still waiting for the registration before contacting Shelby, as the only paperwork I got is sale related.

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the info! Last weekend I told a friend of my that it was pretty cheap too sign your car number with a sticker!

Looks like that problem will be solved!

I will give steve an email and hopefully i can receive it as well.

Regards,

Jeroen

Jeroen, just a note, The reason the 2006 and 2007 Hertz GTHs came with a "sticker" was that if the metal plate was attached, some renter would've stolen it. The metal plaque was only to be given to the first retail buyer. Most GTH owners keep the sticker and save the metal plate, just another interesting aspect of the Hertz cars. So the sticker wasn't intended to be cheap or a problem, just a way to prevent the loss of the original. hope this helps, regards, Larry

• 4 weeks later...

Jeroen, just a note, The reason the 2006 and 2007 Hertz GTHs came with a "sticker" was that if the metal plate was attached, some renter would've stolen it. The metal plaque was only to be given to the first retail buyer. Most GTH owners keep the sticker and save the metal plate, just another interesting aspect of the Hertz cars. So the sticker wasn't intended to be cheap or a problem, just a way to prevent the loss of the original. hope this helps, regards, Larry

Thx Larry for your info!

A dearship in N.C. bought the car on an auction and i bought it from them!

So no clue on who as the orignal plaque. I didn't hear the dealership about! I also have no paperwork on the car what so ever!

Any way I have tried 2 get in touch with Mr Mansell but no luck and I have tried Mr Sorel but no reply.

I also phoned them left a voicemail but still no reply! I will try it again after easter.

Jeroen

Well i have been sending emails and several calls to Shelby but still no luck!

Looks like no one what's 2 talk 2 the dutch guy :D

Will leave it for now and try it again next week!

Great weekend everyone!

Jeroen.

I emailed a copy of my bill of sale and registration to Steve, as mentioned on the first page of this thread and my plaque and certificate were mailed to me pretty quickly. Keep trying, I'm sure you'll get yours!

shelby11.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yes Finally! Today in the mail! My Shelby Serial Dash Plaque and a certificate :)

The only things that needs 2 be done is the Hertz Emblems.

Glad to see you finally got your metal dash plaque. If you have any other questions about the Hertz GTH program you can review the "2007 GTH Convertible" forum OR send your questions through the "Ask a Registrar" link. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. I would imagine you get quite a bit of questions as your car wouldn't exactly be a common sight in Europe. Regards, Larry Miller, SAI GTH Registrar.

I received my Hertz pack without any issues by sending an e-mail to:

sfleske@hertz.com

If not already claimed, you will receive the actual window sticker which is great! They also add th einvoice from Shelby and the build sheet.

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everybody!

I also got my paper work from Hertz! They are very fast!

for the Hertz Emblems I need to contact Roger from Shelby. Hertz cant provide me with new ones.

Keep you posted!

ps Larry. Is a picture of my car at the Amsterdam Canals a good one? Most of the historic place are underconstrution!

Archived