TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It is Here!!

yrrej48

Awesome...and about time! :banana piano: It has been great following each others cars through PM's and I am glad you got it. Hopefully all that waiting and fustration just melted away when you saw the car. It looks awesome! Don't beleive the 50 or 500 miles thing, the supercharger will kick in after 5 consecutive miles. Hope you have clear weather and some time off this weekend!!!

Now if we can get Daves car in? :doh:

If we all concentrate vewy vewy hard...it might come in this week.

post-3382-1167509349_thumb.jpg

Dave

post-3382-1167509349_thumb.jpg

I took for a little drive today. Very impressive. I really don't need any mods, more horsepower would be unusable. Maybe it just because I am so old. I owned a lots of new muscle cars in the 60's and none of them will run with this car. I took some more pictures. Still not great but ok.

post-5835-1167517861_thumb.jpgpost-5835-1167517901_thumb.jpgpost-5835-1167517918_thumb.jpgpost-5835-1167517939_thumb.jpg

post-5835-1167517861_thumb.jpg

post-5835-1167517901_thumb.jpg

post-5835-1167517918_thumb.jpg

post-5835-1167517939_thumb.jpg

I took for a little drive today. Very impressive. I really don't need any mods, more horsepower would be unusable. Maybe it just because I am so old. I owned a lots of new muscle cars in the 60's and none of them will run with this car. I took some more pictures. Still not great but ok.

very nice yr...should have good weather to drive most of the year in TX. I've been to Austin, love that city...they really suffered during the tech bust in 2001 though. Hope they are recovering.

AD

It wasn't a dream, it is still in my garage!!!

:happy feet: :banana piano: :shift:

I know exactly what you're talking about. The next morning, I had to go to the building I keep it in at 6:00 AM just to make sure it all really happened . . . and wasn't a dream.

hsurb

post-5835-1167517861_thumb.jpgpost-5835-1167517901_thumb.jpgpost-5835-1167517918_thumb.jpgpost-5835-1167517939_thumb.jpg

yrrej48,

Did you get on the freeway and try out the boost. How was it?

What muscle cars did you have in the 60's.

The photos look great. Thanks bud.

It is finally here. I did not think this day would ever come. Pictures later.

:happy feet: :banana piano:

Congrats Rob!!!

With the lack of Winter hitting the North East yet, I ve been spending every Spare moment Either driving the new car, or Cleaning/Starring at it. Have had it 1-month now, and about 1400 miles so far. Just told wife about it last week! Don't think I'll be putting much miles on the Classics next year. Well, I'll be putting some details of the purchase and experiences in the last 1400

post-7762-1167522375_thumb.jpg

post-7762-1167522375_thumb.jpg

yrrej48,

Did you get on the freeway and try out the boost. How was it?

What muscle cars did you have in the 60's.

The photos look great. Thanks bud.

Grabber

I did not get it on the highway. Just drove around town a little. All I did was nail it in 1st geat a couple of times. Rolling off to about 20 mph and nailing it results in complete loss of traction. The only thing I have driven close to this was an '03 Z06 with twin turbos. It was suppose to be 550 hp and it was the same way if you nailed it in 1st or 2nd gear.

Muscle cars i bought new:

'65 vette coupe 365 hp

'66 ss396 chevelle 360hp

'67 olds 442 350 hp

'68 olds 442 w30 360 hp

'69 z/28 camaro 290hp - took to Germany when i was in Army

'68 corvette 350 hp - bought used in Germany after i blew engine in z/28 and sold it

'71 trans am 335 hp ordered new and shipped to germany

'73 corvette 454 - installed 450 hp ls7 crate motor

These are the ones i bought new. I have owned lots of muscle cars in the past 25 years that i have restored and sold.

Grabber

I did not get it on the highway. Just drove around town a little. All I did was nail it in 1st geat a couple of times. Rolling off to about 20 mph and nailing it results in complete loss of traction. The only thing I have driven close to this was an '03 Z06 with twin turbos. It was suppose to be 550 hp and it was the same way if you nailed it in 1st or 2nd gear.

Muscle cars i bought new:

'65 vette coupe 365 hp

'66 ss396 chevelle 360hp

'67 olds 442 350 hp

'68 olds 442 w30 360 hp

'69 z/28 camaro 290hp - took to Germany when i was in Army

'68 corvette 350 hp - bought used in Germany after i blew engine in z/28 and sold it

'71 trans am 335 hp ordered new and shipped to germany

'73 corvette 454 - installed 450 hp ls7 crate motor

These are the ones i bought new. I have owned lots of muscle cars in the past 25 years that i have restored and sold.

That is an impressive list of new cars. Some real nice ones. You have some experience no doubt with that list. It is nice to hear from you that the GT500 tops them all. After you get a chance to take her out on the highway and let her rip, I would like to hear from you again on your first impressions. Enjoy your new muscle car my friend. :shift:

That is an impressive list of new cars. Some real nice ones. You have some experience no doubt with that list. It is nice to hear from you that the GT500 tops them all. After you get a chance to take her out on the highway and let her rip, I would like to hear from you again on your first impressions. Enjoy your new muscle car my friend. :shift:

I forgot to mention one I did not get. It was the summer of '67 and I was stationed at Fort Bliss in El Paso Texas. Southwest Ford in downtown El Paso was a Shelby Dealer. They had a new '67 red GT500. 428 2 4's Automatic. I drove the car and tried to buy it. I could not swing the loan so that was the one muscle car I did not get. I got my GT500 now. That car would not hold a candle to this '07, and besides the 07 has a back seat you can get into, the '67 had a roll bar.

Not getting that Shelby way back when reminds me of one I let slip through my fingers.

I had been working on a guy for several years for a 67 GT 500, urged him on to get the paperwork right and had a handshake deal with him. I had been stopping buy to see him on a regular basis as he was rounding up some of the parts. One day I stopped and noticed the car was gone. I asked him if he had moved it. He gave me a real sheepish look and finally admitted he sold it to someone else. Boy was I pissed.

Anyway, I got my new Shelby and it made it a lot better to swallow. I have been tempted to just drive by and give him the finger. May still do it. :idea:

i have not driven it since sunday. i will drive it today 64 degrees and sunny is forcasted. as much as i worried about it getting here you'd think i would mess with it every day. i guess it is like the story about the dog that chases cars.

LOL! There a lot of wisdom in your analogy. Grats on your new ride! :happy feet:

KC666

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived