TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MMR forged 5.0 stroker build

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

~20#'s of boost? I may need to update my office pool bet... What kind of pully are you running on that Paxton, a thimble?

LOL no man just a 3.33" Vortech pulley with a 10% OD crank pulley. I'll probably be in the 17-18# range honestly. But "~20#" looks a lot cooler. ;)

at 15lbs of boost we hit 650.9rhwp, running meth. hope you hit 700+ :salute:

Thanks man, me too! Your dyno sheet looked absolutely ridiculous, by the way. I'd love to see your setup in person one of these days.

thanks Ken, wasn't sure you got them. good luck on the dyno

If you need any help posting those, let me know man. I'm sure lots of other people would be just as blown away by those #'s as I was!

On a side note, I finally got some cats ordered up. I went with a set of Magnaflow universal 3" high flow cats, mostly because they've got provisions for 2 x O2 sensors each. So I may as well wait to get the final tune done until these show up and I can get them welded in. I'll finally get around to getting my wideband's 02 sensor hooked up at the same time. I'll post some pics once they arrive.

94069_lg.jpg

Ken

I was totally impresed with that Blue Beast of yours in person! WOW!

This thing is totally rediculous. It sounds like a Nascar Cup car in the throttle. Big Carls' 07 I thought was loud and about as perfect as a SGT could get....

If anything, yours is next level, to me. No disrespect to Carl's beast. I would love to grow up and be like Carl!

Congrats Ken! I await the dyno numbers (like all of us) with bated breath!

I'm still envious of the guys that have the Paxton SC, too. It was my 1st choice...

Dan

I'm still envious of the guys that have the Paxton SC, too. It was my 1st choice...

Dan

You know, Dan, I think you and I are to two sorest losers in the great chase for the Paxton on a 2008. :hysterical: At least I have photos of the Paxton on my car before they tore it off and put on the KB. Ken, of course, does not need to worry about his 2008 set up being legal. It is so far from legal that he may as well take the license plates off and pull it around on a trailer. Here's Ken: "C.A.R.B. Certification? I don't need no stinkin' C.A.R.B. Certification."

Great job on the car, Ken. I will look forward to seeing it next January at the 2011 Bash.

Jim

Ken

I was totally impresed with that Blue Beast of yours in person! WOW!

This thing is totally rediculous. It sounds like a Nascar Cup car in the throttle. Big Carls' 07 I thought was loud and about as perfect as a SGT could get....

If anything, yours is next level, to me. No disrespect to Carl's beast. I would love to grow up and be like Carl!

Congrats Ken! I await the dyno numbers (like all of us) with bated breath!

Dan

Hey Dan thanks a lot man for the really nice words. I'm glad you got such a kick out of my setup. I figured you of all people I know from here would love the hell out of it. And like I've said before, big Carl's build was the inspiration for my build. Without his knowledge and advice, I could have never ended up with such a phenomenal machine.

Anyway, it was really fun seeing you again this weekend and meeting your wife - she's a real sweetheart. We'll all have to get together again soon.

On a side note, Magnaflow won't even ship those cats to me, since I'm in CA, since they're not CARB legal. I tried telling them that they weren't for a car, but they weren't having anything to do with it. So now I need to figure something else out asap. On my way back from Tahoe, Carl, Gary, and I took a back route through the twisty 88 passed Kirkwood and into Jackson. On the way, I got pulled over by CHP for my exhaust being so damn loud. He gave me a fix-it ticket, but didn't write me up for the 100+ mph he had me tagged at, so I feel awfully lucky.

Anyway, I need some sort of high-flows and some sort of muffler on this thing right away so that I can get her signed off within the next 30 days.

Hey Dan thanks a lot man for the really nice words. I'm glad you got such a kick out of my setup. I figured you of all people I know from here would love the hell out of it. And like I've said before, big Carl's build was the inspiration for my build. Without his knowledge and advice, I could have never ended up with such a phenomenal machine.

Anyway, it was really fun seeing you again this weekend and meeting your wife - she's a real sweetheart. We'll all have to get together again soon.

On a side note, Magnaflow won't even ship those cats to me, since I'm in CA, since they're not CARB legal. I tried telling them that they weren't for a car, but they weren't having anything to do with it. So now I need to figure something else out asap. On my way back from Tahoe, Carl, Gary, and I took a back route through the twisty 88 passed Kirkwood and into Jackson. On the way, I got pulled over by CHP for my exhaust being so damn loud. He gave me a fix-it ticket, but didn't write me up for the 100+ mph he had me tagged at, so I feel awfully lucky.

Anyway, I need some sort of high-flows and some sort of muffler on this thing right away so that I can get her signed off within the next 30 days.

ken I have a set of High flow cats and the stock muffler,give me a call Carl

You know, Dan, I think you and I are to two sorest losers in the great chase for the Paxton on a 2008. :hysterical: At least I have photos of the Paxton on my car before they tore it off and put on the KB. Ken, of course, does not need to worry about his 2008 set up being legal. It is so far from legal that he may as well take the license plates off and pull it around on a trailer. Here's Ken: "C.A.R.B. Certification? I don't need no stinkin' C.A.R.B. Certification."

Great job on the car, Ken. I will look forward to seeing it next January at the 2011 Bash.

Jim

Thanks a lot Jim. I will definitely be making it to the Bash this year come hell or high water, and I look forward to finally getting to connect with you and see your SGT in person! :)

Ken, it would cost double shipping, but ship them to me (or more likely a member closer to CA) and have me/them reship them to you...

Damn good idea. Thanks for the offer man.

ken I have a set of High flow cats and the stock muffler,give me a call Carl

Right on Carl, thanks a lot. I just got back from LA so I'm getting unpacked and settled in tonight. I'll drop you a line tomorrow to talk about the cats you've got.

Any word on those COUPLERS, old buddy? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, nothin. I've been waiting for weeks for this guy to get his dyno repaired. I've hassled him nearly every day since he first told me not to drive down.

If nothing this week, I'm going to AED in Cameron Park.

Might want to stay away from Kooks, Some people who are putting down hp power are reporting problems with their cats.

http://www.s197.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37582&page=2&highlight=kooks+customer+service

Might want to stay away from Kooks, Some people who are putting down hp power are reporting problems with their cats.

http://www.s197forum...ustomer+service

Thanks for the heads up. I got some CARB compliant Magnaflow 3" cats ordered up. They just arrived yesterday so hopefully I can get them welded in at work this week.

:whew: i didnt miss it. hey ken great to hear / read you are up and running i have been offline for awhile hope to see the really big #s soon.

I was starting to wonder what happened to you man! Glad to see you're back. dance.gif

Ken, just an fyi. Keep an eye on the cats. I've had them fail on the GT500 and SGT, they don't like high hp engines.

Great news, one more thing to worry about! confused.gif

yep im still around ken just had some hectic stuff going on and lost motivation for a bit but i am back to stay.

Good deal dude - life gets in the way of my obsession too every now and then.

Then I installed locks on the other side of my garage door! :lol:

off topic, but did you make the brenspeed trip?

no :( that too was placed on the back burner. but i am still enjoying the shelby :shift: and on a up note my bike is all done and my ranger should be done also(5/6 drop, shaved everything, hot rod black with pin striping, and a custom interior) its the tow rig for the bike. (my wife doesnt like to ride)

Nope, nothin. I've been waiting for weeks for this guy to get his dyno repaired. I've hassled him nearly every day since he first told me not to drive down.

If nothing this week, I'm going to AED in Cameron Park.

still nothing?

:waiting:

^Well apparently the dyno is repaired. I had to give up my #1 spot on the waiting list, because of the accident my SGT got itself into while sitting in a parking lot a couple weeks back.

I dropped her off this afternoon at the body shop. The other driver's insurance adjuster will visit the car tomorrow, in order to assess the damage. So hopefully that goes well and they can at least begin the repairs this week.

Assuming all goes well, I should be looking at the end of next week or the week after to get my long awaited dyno time in...

Archived