TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MMR forged 5.0 stroker build

That sucks Ken, you certainly dodged a bullet. I saw a 4.6 2v after a centri blower blew up. Scared me away from going that route. I hope Paxton takes care of you so you can get the car dialed in to its max.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carl has the 2200 which has a max RPM limit of 60,000, if I remember correctly. He'd only run into trouble with a really tiny blower pulley.

This is the blower I intend on upgrading to asap. Just waiting to hear back from Paxton.

the 2200's a beast. cant wait for videos! the numbers will be bad ass.

I confirmed with Paxton early this week that my blower is in fact maxed out. The step up ratio of a Paxton however is 3.6:1 not 4.1:1 as I thought.

So that makes the RPM of the impeller a little less horrible at redline, but not by much. The tech told me I'd be better off selling the head unit outright, as they only offer a few hundred bucks for a trade in.

A new 2200 head unit alone from Paxton is $2800. So I'll be shopping online for awhile I think, cuz there's no way in hell I'm paying nearly $3k for just a head unit.

In the meantime, I can swap the 3.33" pulley back out for the stock 3.80" pulley and run my redline back to stock for now. This way I can get the tune fully setup finally and see what kind of numbers it puts down with 17-18 psi at around 6300 RPM's. I also need to get the Paxton 8-rib kit coming asap either way because the belt slip is unreal at high speeds. Anyway, stay tuned..

In the meantime, I can swap the 3.33" pulley back out for the stock 3.80" pulley and run my redline back to stock for now. This way I can get the tune fully setup finally and see what kind of numbers it puts down with 17-18 psi at around 6300 RPM's. I also need to get the Paxton 8-rib kit coming asap either way because the belt slip is unreal at high speeds. Anyway, stay tuned..

Perfect! At "only" 17-18lbs, it'll still be nasty!

• 2 months later...

did you tear it apart again? you were just at the Bash running the track :headscratch:

LOL no man this is just the most recent photo I had after the Whipple swap! I just wanted to update this ancient thread with my latest adventure. :)

^Thanks for the heads up. I'm planning on using my local machine shop to port my inlet elbow out, so I'll make sure to hold off until I get the new TB.

Would you go with the 66mm?

I would if it fit. The Whipple kit for the 4.6 has a smaller bolt pattern so the 66mm won't fit. You could try an adapter plate. BBR offers one, but I like the one JDM offers with GT500TB kit.

http://www.blowbyracing.com/bbrgtthboadk.html

http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=217

Thanks Scotty yeah it's the HO kit. It made 618 rwhp but was pulling timing badly. I've got the Shelby heat-ex on order, so I'm hoping that will help with the high IAT's.

I'll get some more pulls done after I get the new Whipple 10 rib kit, L&M throttle body, and ported inlet installed. If I can't put down 700+ with that setup then I'm installing my meth kit. :shift:

:hysterical:

Hey Paul can you point me to a set of ~80# flow matched injectors that will fit this Whipple without having to use spacers?

I've got my 63# flow matched Siemens injectors in there now, but I'm using the FRPP spacers, which are causing an interference because of the Metco rails. The intake tube is jacked out of alignment slightly, which is restricting the coupler at the TB a bit. I've dug around high and low but I'm not finding what I need.

On a side note, where did you score the KR guitar man? That thing is sweet!

Hey Paul can you point me to a set of ~80# flow matched injectors that will fit this Whipple without having to use spacers?

I've got my 63# flow matched Siemens injectors in there now, but I'm using the FRPP spacers, which are causing an interference because of the Metco rails. The intake tube is jacked out of alignment slightly, which is restricting the coupler at the TB a bit. I've dug around high and low but I'm not finding what I need.

On a side note, where did you score the KR guitar man? That thing is sweet!

give Justin a call at JPC he should be able to help you with the injectors. we are having the same problem with the custom intake tube. I had the KR guitar custom made for Mr.Shelby's 85th birthday. He has #1 and I have #2.

http://www.bolinguitars.com/bcsgallery.html

Thanks Scotty yeah it's the HO kit. It made 618 rwhp but was pulling timing badly. I've got the Shelby heat-ex on order, so I'm hoping that will help with the high IAT's.

I'll get some more pulls done after I get the new Whipple 10 rib kit, L&M throttle body, and ported inlet installed. If I can't put down 700+ with that setup then I'm installing my meth kit. :shift:

Wow. What's the boost/pulley size?

618whp with bad timing... I'd think you should get close to 700.

What does the SGT feel like with that kind of whp? It's gotta be fun!

^I think it's a 3.375" blower pulley with a 10% OD crank pulley. Making 18-19 psi at 7k RPM.

With this kind of power, it's pretty wild man. On the street, it's a whole ton more fun than it ever was with the Paxton. But on the track, it feels like I'm trying to wrestle a 1000 lb alligator on steroids.

I've already got a set of Hoosiers coming, I just need to decide on a track rim. If those don't help to rope this thing in when coming out of the apexes, then I'm at a loss.

^I think it's a 3.375" blower pulley with a 10% OD crank pulley. Making 18-19 psi at 7k RPM.

With this kind of power, it's pretty wild man. On the street, it's a whole ton more fun than it ever was with the Paxton. But on the track, it feels like I'm trying to wrestle a 1000 lb alligator on steroids.

I've already got a set of Hoosiers coming, I just need to decide on a track rim. If those don't help to rope this thing in when coming out of the apexes, then I'm at a loss.

Something I figured out this summer with my car was to use a little taller gear in the corners, and use the torque to exit smooth. We have a really tight track here so coming in to a corner that I normally would use 2nd I left it in 3rd and rolled the corner more and I was able to hammer the throttle with out busting loose the rear wheels. My lap times actually got better, emabarrassed the smaller lighter cars which tend to do better on our track. They couldn't believe my shelby was staying with them. I even caught a pumped/pimped WRX. Now granted I "ony have 470hp" to the rear tires so 600+ would be even more fun to try and control.

The gear change to 3.90s may help as well. The hoosiers really did a great job on my car.

^Thanks for the input man. You're absolutely right about gear selection. It took me a few sessions at the Vegas Bash to realize that I was going to 2nd gear unnecessarily through a couple of the turns. With the Paxton, it would have been a no brainer. With the Whipple, however, I made quicker lap times by leaving it in 3rd and not breaking the rears loose too badly out of the apexes. I'll let ya know how I like the 3.90's. They just showed up yesterday.

^Thanks for the input man. You're absolutely right about gear selection. It took me a few sessions at the Vegas Bash to realize that I was going to 2nd gear unnecessarily through a couple of the turns. With the Paxton, it would have been a no brainer. With the Whipple, however, I made quicker lap times by leaving it in 3rd and not breaking the rears loose too badly out of the apexes. I'll let ya know how I like the 3.90's. They just showed up yesterday.

What brand? Motive? Curious on how they setup. Ford Tech has done motive 3.90s on a couple of GT500 and they seem a little loud on the coast side. Quite under power. Drove him nuts.

If those don't work, I'm sure Griggs could set you up with the next level suspension! That would help, I think... :superhero:

LOL yeah good call Dan! I've already been working on that for some time now. For some reason my wife doesn't understand why it's necessary to go through the corners even faster than I already do, since I'm not racing for trophies or money. My obvious answer to that - well I guess I better start racing for trophies or money then! :shift:

LOL yeah good call Dan! I've already been working on that for some time now. For some reason my wife doesn't understand why it's necessary to go through the corners even faster than I already do, since I'm not racing for trophies or money. My obvious answer to that - well I guess I better start racing for trophies or money then! :shift:

Is car caged yet? don't make momma mad!

I think "necessary" went out the window a LONG time ago.

Archived