TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006 and 2007 GT-H questions

russell 06H304

I have had my 06 GT-H since January of 2008, and have rented 2 GT-H verts. I just wanted to ask a few questions that maybe we have all thought about. I think these would apply to both 06 and 07

How many GT-H's were totaled while owned by Hertz

What were the actual rental locations and which cars did they have

How many and which cars were owned by independent Hertz rental locations (how were thet selected to get a GT-H)

How many and which cars were the Hertz executive driven cars

Which 06s were manual trans.

Is there any way to get a detailed history of a particular car from Hertz (rental, service, damage)

How long did SAI spend on each car while producing the 06 and 07 GT-Hs

These are a few things that I have thought about since having my car.

I can only answer one of your questions definately.

There were only 4 manual transmissions built in 2006. As far Hertz cars owned by executives in 2006, I would think less than a dozen were owned by executives. I know of one executive who still ownes his 06 GT-H that he bought new. It was never rented and is an automatic and is currently located in Oklahoma.

QSS

I sent a letter to HERTZ corporate office to try to get maintenance info on my car. Never received a reply back. I have heard a number of "14" 2006 cars being totaled. This is not validated and does not mean that the cars will not be brought back to life via salvage title.

Please share any information you get validated. Mine was a rental at McCarren Airport Las Vegas. Sure wish it could tell me who were the renters. Would not surprize me that some celebrity drove it at one time or another.

Enjoy

I came across this in an ad from "Old Car Online"....how this guy knows there are only "398 of them left in the world" beats me???

"This is a 2006 hertz Shelby GTH, bought out of Las vages all of them where X rentals,in 1966 there where 500 GHT Shelbies made they where called the weekend racers,I do not know how many of the 66 GTH Shelbies are left in the world I know they are selling for 160,000 thousand USD,in 2006 there where 500 GTH Shelbies made for the weekend racer again, there are only 398 of them left in the world, it is a numbered car,car number 106,it comes with the original rims and new rubber that came with the car, I do not drive it to much,very,very clean,the car is black with gold racing stripes and also they came with a life time sirus radio, well kept car,it has been in doors since I bought it, a must see!!!!

Since we are talking about some numbers, why is there a description plaque with the GT-H prototype at the Shelby museum that says 517 coupes where produced and it is also repeted in the new Shelby mag. Is this just a big typo or is there any truth to it?

When I was at the museum this spring I noticed that too so I asked the tour guide (I forget his name but he also handles sales there as well) about why the sign states 517 when I thought there was only 500 made. He had no idea so I left it at that. The mysteries of true Shelby production numbers goes all the way back to the 60's. I think it all adds to the lore.

QSS

Archived